Appetite for Distortion - Ep. 64: Billy Rowe, Jetboy

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, finally a date for the elusive concert at SF The Stone!

I didn't even realize GNR played a show in San Francisco in 1986.  I wonder if the show was recorded on the soundboard.  Does anyone know anything else about this show, such as setlist or any photos?  Is this show available on bootleg?  I wonder if someone out there has the recording...  

5 hours ago, kevinb said:

I didn't even realize GNR played a show in San Francisco in 1986.  I wonder if the show was recorded on the soundboard.  Does anyone know anything else about this show, such as setlist or any photos?  Is this show available on bootleg?  I wonder if someone out there has the recording...  

Slash has mentioned the trip to SF a few times in various interviews, because they started working on Paradise City in the rental car on the way back to LA. I think he also mentions the name of the venue in his biography, although no date is given. I knew it must have been in October 1986, but it was so elusive since Duff, Steven and Canter doesn't mention it at all. 

Just listend to it and like it a lot. Great stories of the old day on Izzy and „Bill“. :) 

Billy was very open and went into deep things in a mature way. I liked that. You also did a great job during the interview in keeping up that atmosphere so he could open up like that. I also liked your thoughts after the interview. GnR ARE all humans, they’re alive and they all have wounds and individual evolutions they went through and this interview shed a light on that. So, thanks! :lol:

• GNFNR 1

• downzy unpinned this topic