The Weed Thread

soon

1 hour ago, lukepowell1988 said:

This is why I stock pile my Piff I ain't hanging around like that all the time for a King Henry 

There was a time where I would do it like that, buy it by ounces but thing with that is firstly I just never stop smoking when i do that and secondly it ends up costing a bomb.  I wanna go back to the youthful days of buying a draw that way at least like...y'know, its sorta tempered a bit.  I can't smoke like I did as a lad and through my 20s (and most of my 30s actually :lol: ) cuz I gotta fuckin' work, I try and limit it to just the one spliff at night.  Problem with buying draws is that when you get into the swing a little its like a draw everyday, which ends up costing shitloads anyway so you do have sort of a point.  I actually quite for a few months back there and when I got back on it I was like, OK, blaze on the weekends and then work the rest...and as it turns out I'm back to smoking every day again. 

The amount of fuckin' money, when i look back, that I've spent on gear, its disgusting.  There used to be a time where I would get like three ounces of solid (fuckin' solid, not even skunk) and smoke it in like a fortnight.  Got to a point my dealer had the hump with me cuz he assumed I was serving up on the side but I really wasn't, it was all me.

21 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I'm a bit OCD I tend to stock pile Vodka,Whiskey and Weed.

Handy when I go to Bangkok my Mrs isn't a big drinker so I get her 2 liter allowance plus mine plus a mate is going on the same flight and has promised me his so 6 liters of Spirits should keep me out of trouble for the 2 weeks i'm out there 

And by 'out of trouble' what we mean here is 'in a coma' :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

ok @soon, @Gordon Comstock I need your help please! 

I'm in the online store. And I'm lost, haha!  I don't do this, so I don't know what any of this stuff is. Last time I tried it, I got kind of anxious and felt that I couldn't move from my chair. I don't know if that is normal, ha. But my main man @Fitha_whiskey has no problem with it and laughs hysterically for hours so I want to get him a present. :rolleyes: :lol:

Can you help me with some recommendations? Do I want indica? I think I would prefer not to smoke it...so what do you do with the oils? What do you do with the capsules? Do you chew the capsules? I see some of the thc is listed as a percentage, but what mg would i be looking for? 

I'm a bother, i know. But thank you for any input! 

38 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I'm in the online store. And I'm lost, haha!  I don't do this, so I don't know what any of this stuff is. Last time I tried it, I got kind of anxious and felt that I couldn't move from my chair. I don't know if that is normal, ha. But my main man @Fitha_whiskey has no problem with it and laughs hysterically for hours so I want to get him a present. :rolleyes: :lol:

Can you help me with some recommendations? Do I want indica? I think I would prefer not to smoke it...so what do you do with the oils? What do you do with the capsules? Do you chew the capsules? I see some of the thc is listed as a percentage, but what mg would i be looking for? 

Too high. Will respond later. :lol:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Indica is probably what kept you from moving out of the chair :P

I usually smoke indica, that's what I grow for myself. As far as the 'milder' strains, I would recommend researching/trying Blueberry Kush or Northern Lights. Both are relatively low in THC (usually >15%) and are among the most popular strains. Or there are strains like this which are low in THC and high in CBD, which is more relaxing and less anxiety-inducing. If you don't want to smoke it, those strains or similar ones should be easy to find in a vaporizer, or you could try capsules (they're like normal pills or vitamins). Failing that, you could make cannabis-butter and make cookies, brownies, etc.

Sativa is basically the opposite of indica, it's mostly a 'head high' instead of a 'body high'. You'll probably have some 'brilliant' stoner thought and ramble and giggle about it for more time than you realize. :lol: If you can track it down, Willie Nelson is a great strain. Otherwise I'd recommend Super Silver Haze or Sour Diesel. Some of the fruity strains like Tangerine Dream are nice too.

@soon I'm also high and this kinda took a while but c'mon, share your thoughts :lol:

• Haha 1

@Whiskey Rose Sativa it is! That’s my jam- brilliant stoner thought and ramble n giggle... 😆 Dirty Rhonda from Greene Co MO... I think a couple doobs of each would be nice...

Back when I was smoking weed by the pound, it was much easier. You took what was around, and you goddamn liked it! This whole menu thing is mind blowing to me...

16 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

No bother at all, its what the thread is all about! 

Comstock hooked you up with great info!

I like to blend both Indica and Sativa at once. Best of both worlds. For what you said about anxiety, there are options on the OCS with names like "balance" that have an equal rate of cbd (which is calming and physically relaxing) and thc. Iirc there is both Indica and Sativa 'balanced strains.' Usually the thc isnt all that high, like 10%.

For me, eating is a entirely different, far more intense and long term high. I dont really do it. I vape buds/dried flowers. I think the site has guides for a beginner consumer and lower mg options - but I dont really look at the edible section so I could be mistaken.

I use this tool a lot. https://www.leafly.com Just enter the names of the Stains available on OCS that are appealing to you and it will tell you about its attributes in words and using graphs, plus theres user reviews.

I entered Sour Diesel in the search bar. As you can see this is the 'effects' graph and there is also 'medical' and 'negatives' graphs. If OCS doesnt have the strain that Fitha suggested, you two can find one that has the same attributes as he experienced.

Dvyc3suh.png

The only draw back is that theres a lot of brand new strains for sale on the OCS (a lot of legal dispensaries really) so they dont always appear on Leaflys index. Many do though. Theres other similar sites that sometimes have strain info that leafy doesnt - google "(name of the weed) strain info."

@Gordon Comstock Im impressed you made sense! Believe me, I tried to share my thoughts. I was hopeless! My mind is still mashed. :lol:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Because of that damn section of the lid that the can opener always misses? :lol:

Nah, i was tryna drain the water out of it by pushing down on the tuna hard with a fork, my hand slipped and rammed my finger into the sharp edge, the shit was leaking like a dodgy tap, I didnt know i had so much blood in me, didnt have anything to hand even to stop me leaking all over the place so i just ripped off a piece of my t shirt and wrapped it up.

• 3 weeks later...

After talking on here about the "balance" strain I got curious and ordered some. It arrived! This batch has 5% THC and 10% CBD. I will be pairing it with my black market Green Cush, a super high energy, potent Sativa. This is the Balance Hybrid Strain by Solei:

vXvtfRgh.jpg

Very pleasant aroma. A background hint of the cheesy scent common to high CBDs but its not forward. A really nice bubble gum aroma is most forward.

h6hiUE3h.jpg

The trichomes/crystals are so thick they are like fur!! Or a mossy forest floor. Generally we would want a more trimmed bud, but I suspect that the high CBD count is related to those trichomes. Look how even the stem is fuzzy!

The buds are rather dense and well cured, but the trichomes are sticky and moist to the touch.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

That fuckin thing is 30% roach man, Jesus Christ.

I usually use filters when I roll joints too. It's more convenient to toss the filter than hang onto a roach, I used to end up with a pile of roaches and they ain't worth dealing with. So now my joints always look like what @Fitha_whiskey posted.

33 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I usually use filters when I roll joints too. It's more convenient to toss the filter than hang onto a roach, I used to end up with a pile of roaches and they ain't worth dealing with. So now my joints always look like what @Fitha_whiskey posted.

Yeah these pre rolled things are nice! Wow! And no roach dilemma. 

• Like 1

Only one more week until the dispensaries (now "stores") reopen in Ontario!!!! :headbang:

I'll have to travel an additional 4 blocks, but its pretty much the same place, just closer to the KFC and booze store :slash:

Our entire huge chunk of the Province was only offered 6 shops in a lottery. Luckily for us, 3 of the winners chose Ottawa!! So happy I wont need to travel to the bougie neighbourhood for ever priced shit! And ours is an Emery owned store. Fuck yeah Marc Emery!!!!!