The Weed Thread

soon

On 24/03/2019 at 1:27 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

The 'cones' are really convenient, I usually use the paper strips like this in regular 1 1/4 size rolling papers.

I usually use the inside cover of whatever DVD or CD is laying around :lol:  I got this massive Clint Eastwood boxset with about 30 of his films and a lot of em are missing a cover now :lol:

s-l640.jpg

Thats the one!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

KFC is the best when stoned mini fillets and gray 

Yeah it is!! A 6 piece box with 2 sides of gravy is my order. How is their gravy so good!!??

When stoned even the macaroni salad tastes delicious. 

I do prefer Popeyes Louisiana Chicken though, but theres none around here. Do y'all have Popeyes over there?

19 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

No popeyes here but had it when I was last in America Didn't really rate it

Its all delicious fried chicken wherever it comes from. Fried chicken should unite, not divide. 

But Popeyes is way better!!!:headbang:

KfC wins on gravy

Edited by soon

Only one of our three new stores will open tomorrow. The bougie neighbourhood is flipping out about the outsiders coming in. So they have set up traffic barriers and will have rent a cops all over. The cops will be stopping every car in the area and only letting people on to side streets if they can prove they live there!! And the pot shop has hired private security to "prescreen ID's" outside of the store. Yeah, IDs arent necessary to begin with. Fucking crazy people - they're so progressive that they asked for a pot shop but now if its not exclusively for them they want a police state to protect them from the prols. :facepalm:

I have a better solution. No cops and the only new rule is that each resident takes a hit of some Kush and relaxes! 

Im all set and will be happy to miss the shit show. Got 1/4 Green Cush, 1/4 OG Kush, 1/4 Balance

It never fails, a discussion about pot will eventually lead to a discussion about fried chicken.

I must admit, I am overwhelmed and don't know what to buy - for pot, not chicken.

Some friends had fun with gummy bears last weekend.  Edibles might be the way to go?  What I want is a no paranoia, life is funny, chill time.

31 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I don't trust weed in any form other than spliffs, blunts and bongs.  Allow that fuckin' edible shit, when I wanna get high I wanna get high right then and there, not have it hit me 2 hours later when I'm doing fuck knows what.

I agree.  There is something about how I could never eat just one gummy bear or brownie that makes me wonder about the edibles.  And I hear from people that they should have only eaten half, after eating a whole.  But I can't smoke anymore due to throat issues.  Sigh.  I guess I'll just stick with my coke and fentanyl.

On April 1, 2019 at 7:38 AM, Orsys said:

I agree.  There is something about how I could never eat just one gummy bear or brownie that makes me wonder about the edibles.  And I hear from people that they should have only eaten half, after eating a whole.  But I can't smoke anymore due to throat issues.  Sigh.  I guess I'll just stick with my coke and fentanyl.

Eating is a big committed imo. I too have throat issues and I find that my vaporizer suits me. Some vaporizers are difficult to 'draw' from, but mine is easy. Mine is for dried flowers/buds and was about $120 CND. And unfortunately thats the economy model.

Based on what you said above, if I were you I might try a hybrid strain. Hybrids mix the two main categories of weed, indica and sativa. Indica is a nice calm 'body high' and sativa is better known for its high energy high. And then as a back up, incase you experience a touch of paranoia, you could get some edible CBD oil. CBDs are physically and mentally calming. If things start getting away from you, just take a drop of cbd oil.

(PS did you hear about that Canadian woman who smoked black market weed and then tested positive for fentanyl? Scary!)

Just went to my neighbourhoods new pot shop. Ugh.

First off, its called HOBO... yeah, we are a working class neighbourhood with a huge homelessness and addiction issue. And we have bougie neighbourhoods on either side who would no doubt call us all "hobos." I really hope that the name is rather in reference to the hipsters from those neighbourhoods who always come here as "laptop hobos" at our local cafes? Because the store looks like a Mac Store. Maybe?

Which is my second complaint: it look like a Mac Store. So sterile and florescent lit. Just gross, imho. Theres at least 25 people working at 10 am! And the people in the back who hand out the weed to the cashiers - there faces are hidden behind an over hang. The operation back there looked identical to black market machinations - very familiar warehouse protocols. All men back there and mostly women at the cash, and 5 tiny bopper chicks that work as "greeters" in the lobby. WTF?!?!? You get a hemp, branded pull string tot bag with every purchase (which is why its $10 over street value??)

The person who served me doesnt seem to know about weed! :facepalm: I said "Super energizing, sativa. Like, the most fucking-uppest. Pesticide free." And she's entering all this info into her computer. Im distracted with the spectacle and looking out to make sure Im not run over by the herds of pot tourists who revert to a child like state in dispensaries :lol:. Im trusting that she's putting together some options. She points to a pic of a bud on the screen and says its pesticide free. So, I take it. I get home and its fucking 19% THC. Now that would fuck up a lot of people and will do me just fine. But based on what i said, Im talking more like 28%! Also, the growers arent eco-friendly. But this grower publishes its third party analysis and I guess the shops data bank has real time access from the growers web site. So the recent batch happens to be free of pesticide residue, even though pesticides were used. Fun fact, the analysis also measured a presence of Lead and Mercury! So next time Im there I will assume the teacher role.

Leafly rates the Blue Dream strain I bought as "happy, uplifting" and other good stuff, but doesnt even rate it for being "energizing" at all :facepalm: :lol: Blue Dream is an excellent and well loved strain, but not was I was hoping for today.

So I did get a sativa... so theres that at least. Well, its actually a hybrid that is barely sativa dominant. It looks like indica :facepalm:. The ic she showed me looked like Sativa though. Ive got like 5 bags or indica or indica-looking buds now. I just wanted to balance it out with some party weed. Too much to ask of a 25 person strong, dedicated pot operation though, apparently. 

19 minutes ago, soon said:

Eating is a big committed imo. I too have throat issues and I find that my vaporizer suits me. Some vaporizers are difficult to 'draw' from, but mine is easy. Mine is for dried flowers/buds and was about $120 CND. And unfortunately thats the economy model.

Based on what you said above, if I were you I might try a hybrid strain. Hybrids mix the two main categories of weed, indica and sativa. Indica is a nice calm 'body high' and sativa is better known for its high energy high. And then as a back up, incase you experience a touch of paranoia, you could get some edible CBD oil. CBDs are physically and mentally calming. If things start getting away from you, just take a drop of cbd oil.

(PS did you hear about that Canadian woman who smoked black market weed and then tested positive for fentanyl? Scary!)

Wow. When did pot get so complicated?  Shopping for it will be interesting.  I saw the one they opened here in Toronto.  Line up went around the block.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, soon said:

First off, its called HOBO... yeah, we are a working class neighbourhood with a huge homelessness and addiction issue. And we have bougie neighbourhoods on either side who would no doubt call us all "hobos." I really hope that the name is rather in reference to the hipsters from those neighbourhoods who always come here as "laptop hobos" at our local cafes? Because the store looks like a Mac Store. Maybe?

Which is my second complaint: it look like a Mac Store. So sterile and florescent lit. Just gross, imho. Theres at least 25 people working at 10 am! And the people in the back who hand out the weed to the cashiers - there faces are hidden behind an over hang. The operation back there looked identical to black market machinations - very familiar warehouse protocols. All men back there and mostly women at the cash, and 5 tiny bopper chicks that work as "greeters" in the lobby. WTF?!?!? You get a hemp, branded pull string tot bag with every purchase (which is why its $10 over street value??)

The person who served me doesnt seem to know about weed! :facepalm: I said "Super energizing, sativa. Like, the most fucking-uppest. Pesticide free." And she's entering all this info into her computer. Im distracted with the spectacle and looking out to make sure Im not run over by the herds of pot tourists who revert to a child like state in dispensaries :lol:. Im trusting that she's putting together some options. She points to a pic of a bud on the screen and says its pesticide free. So, I take it. I get home and its fucking 19% THC. Now that would fuck up a lot of people and will do me just fine. But based on what i said, Im talking more like 28%! Also, the growers arent eco-friendly. But this grower publishes its third party analysis and I guess the shops data bank has real time access from the growers web site. So the recent batch happens to be free of pesticide residue, even though pesticides were used. Fun fact, the analysis also measured a presence of Lead and Mercury! So next time Im there I will assume the teacher role.

Leafly rates the Blue Dream strain I bought as "happy, uplifting" and other good stuff, but doesnt even rate it for being "energizing" at all :facepalm: :lol: Blue Dream is an excellent and well loved strain, but not was I was hoping for today.

So I did get a sativa... so theres that at least. Well, its actually a hybrid that is barely sativa dominant. It looks like indica :facepalm:. The ic she showed me looked like Sativa though. Ive got like 5 bags or indica or indica-looking buds now. I just wanted to balance it out with some party weed. Too much to ask of a 25 person strong, dedicated pot operation though, apparently. 

You're fuckin' spoiled, thats your problem son :lol:  If I had a weed dispensary I wouldn't care if it had the decor of a Peruvian brothel and was being sold by hunchback drooling toothless ex-dinnerladies with gingivitus and antlers growing out of their fuckin' heads, as long as I got a bag of that good shit :lol:  I've been smoking weed for 25 years and by your standards I don't know shit about weed either, I couldn't tell a sativa from an indica either and to be honest I don't care to, as long as it gets you buzzin', enjoy what you got man!

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Orsys said:

Wow. When did pot get so complicated?  Shopping for it will be interesting.  I saw the one they opened here in Toronto.  Line up went around the block.

And we didnt even discuss aromas/terpenes! I hope you get a skilled person walking you through it all.

Yeah, it sucks that you only got one open so far! Must be a mad house in there. I wonder how many people are buying from the store and selling it to the people at the back of the long lines? 

All three are open here in Ottawa. Those open top tourist busses are gonna be more lively this summer, I think. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You're fuckin' spoiled, thats your problem son :lol:  If I had a weed dispensary I wouldn't care if it had the decor of a Peruvian brothel and was being sold by hunchback drooling toothless ex-dinnerladies with gingivitus and antlers growing out of their fuckin' heads, as long as I got a bag of that good shit :lol:

But I wanted that 'stay up all night and invent a cure for septuagenarian antler growth' shit. :lol:

10 minutes ago, soon said:

But I wanted that 'stay up all night and invent a cure for septuagenarian antler growth' shit. :lol:

:lol:

I'm just really lackadaisical in general in life I think.  For instance with me shopping around is like...taking the fun outta shit?  Everyone I know is always out for the best deal they can get but that kind of thing is just so exhausting to me.  Shit, if I had brains enough to work out all that fuckin' scientific shit about weed I probably wouldn't be smoking weed :lol:  But really your approach is the best one I think, I'm just really lunkheaded in general.  I'm sure I've smoked Indicas and Sativas but like...I dunno, I must just be really insensitive, I know people who smoke and like...as they smoke you kinda get a running commentary like...oh its hitting me, oh it feels like this and this and this.  But to me it just feels like high and thats all its feels like.  Also like...I get high and it lasts...like I'll smoke a joint and I'm good and buzzing for a few hours, yet everyone I smoke with can kinda like...measure the shit, that running commentary again like, ok, its wearing off etc, I'm a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle less high than I was half an hour ago etc etc.  By which rationale I should be a lightweight but I'm not, I can smoke prodigious amounts too, though lately I don't really see the point of it, you don't really get any higher after a certain point, I guess when you're younger that Iron Lung Olympics shit matters for some desperately mature reason. 

I'm seriously considering emigrating to Canada :lol:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, soon said:

Is it an SQDC store? I went past one at around 11 am in Montreal and was surprised by how many people stood in line. I had no idea what store it was. Went past a coupe of time and was puzzled by how ragged and rund-down the people looked. Thought it might be a soup kitchen or something. Turned out SQDC is some kind of Canadian cannabis outlet.

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Is it an SQDC store? I went past one at around 11 am in Montreal and was surprised by how many people stood in line. I had no idea what store it was. Went past a coupe of time and was puzzled by how ragged and rund-down the people looked. Thought it might be a soup kitchen or something. Turned out SQDC is some kind of Canadian cannabis outlet.

A bunch of high people in a queue :lol:  I'd probably fuck off home and just bell up my dealer, quicker and easier :lol:

17 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It was a loooong queue, they must have stood there for a long time. Unsaturated market, that's what I am thinking.

A lot of people are trying to get in on the ground floor with that shit too, different methods of getting high, all those freaky oils and all that shit, especially rappers and such, though they're probably the least substantial.  Being the arch, make-it-rain capitalists that they are they can spot a dollar dancing in a hurricane.  I sort of miss the dumb naievity of rock n rollers in that way.  It really is a strange thing though, that this plant that you can grow pretty easily in a country like America has such potential as saleable commodity.  Historically in America it kinda grew wild, Injun Tabbaco, before it became an illegal thing or considered some kind of an evil drug that would make you lose all sense of morality and decency and shed your clothes to dance naked in the noon sun in a field with a bunch of communists it was a cheaper alternative to tabbaco, hobos smoked it riding the rails during the depression. 

Edited by Len Cnut

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

:lol:

I'm just really lackadaisical in general in life I think.  For instance with me shopping around is like...taking the fun outta shit?  Everyone I know is always out for the best deal they can get but that kind of thing is just so exhausting to me.  Shit, if I had brains enough to work out all that fuckin' scientific shit about weed I probably wouldn't be smoking weed :lol:  But really your approach is the best one I think, I'm just really lunkheaded in general.  I'm sure I've smoked Indicas and Sativas but like...I dunno, I must just be really insensitive, I know people who smoke and like...as they smoke you kinda get a running commentary like...oh its hitting me, oh it feels like this and this and this.  But to me it just feels like high and thats all its feels like.  Also like...I get high and it lasts...like I'll smoke a joint and I'm good and buzzing for a few hours, yet everyone I smoke with can kinda like...measure the shit, that running commentary again like, ok, its wearing off etc, I'm a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle less high than I was half an hour ago etc etc.  By which rationale I should be a lightweight but I'm not, I can smoke prodigious amounts too, though lately I don't really see the point of it, you don't really get any higher after a certain point, I guess when you're younger that Iron Lung Olympics shit matters for some desperately mature reason. 

I'm seriously considering emigrating to Canada :lol:

I like shopping online better. Its a nice pass time. But this new store version is horrible. Although they were all sexy totties who Im 99% sure were gingivitis free.

For a long time I didnt have a preference and was happy with whatever. I even doubted that there were differences! But its like chocolate, beer, wine or what have you - they're all really tasty whether one can explain why. But if you can then you have the chance to maximize your enjoyment. I remember the first time that I paid attention to the attributes - and it was spot on. 

I like sativa that takes effect instantly. I like to blend high energy sativa with a "night time" indica like Sensi Star. I like to finish the night with a high CBD bud. I dont care about aroma. If I didnt know this about myself, Id still be loving weed. But I enjoy knowing! 

Part of the struggle for legalization was centred on "weed magazines." They have like 'weed porn' pictures of perfect buds, beautiful plants, etc. Interviews with growers and traffickers. Essays by activists. So some of the nerd knowledge stuff stems from those magazines. The attributes info-graphics that are common now started there.

People updating me on their high drives me insane, tbh. I admire your patience with them. :) 

Do it, move here! We can load up on weed, pick up some of the cashiers and start our performance art troupe, turned death cult!!! :headbang::lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

No. Each province has different laws for distribution with their own stores contained to each prov/territory. I dont know about Quebec's laws. They are far more liberal then us with their liquor laws, but thats a cultural thing - they introduce their kids to wine with dinner and teenaged beer drinking is common and accepted in Quebecois tradition. I assume that they would be more strict on weed then we are in Ontario, though. So possibly they dont have a lot of outlets open per sq km? I dunno?

About their appearance, perhaps thats just how they look through the eyes of metro-sexual, Euro-Tr@sh?:smiley-confused2::lol: (j/k) Or maybe it was a poor neighbourhood? But also the more chic of Montreal no doubt send a courier service to buy it for them. Maybe you met some $2000 shirt Montrealers who are very much about keeping up appearances and an 'uber-centric' world view?

Edited by soon

It sounds like a nightmare @soon roughly how long were you in the store for? 

My first visit would take ages because I wouldn't know what to have, I dunno what I've smoked in the past:lol:

I just got stoned and that's that. 

Questions; are they all the same price? Is there a limit to how often you can buy? Do they have sales or special offers? Is there a reward card?

16 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

It sounds like a nightmare @soon roughly how long were you in the store for? 

Prolly about 4 minutes. 

They had that Mac Store layout with all sort of displays on tables and employees available to answer questions. There were tons of customers milling about those tables! But I just walked up to the wall with all the check-out people who help you with your order.

23 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Questions; are they all the same price?

No. And now, with these shops, they are all more expensive than street prices. Some are ridiculously expensive. 

24 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Is there a limit to how often you can buy?

No. At an upstanding shop they don't ID every person. ID is only asked for if people appear to be under 25.

There is a 30g limit on public possession. Same limit on mailing, iirc. 

27 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Do they have sales or special offers? Is there a reward card?

Before full-on "legal" pot shops opened 2 days ago in Ontario, the dispensaries that were open intermittently for the last few years had sales and specials. It does not seem that the current regime will offer sales or rewards. At least on actual cannabis products. 

One reason that we wont get 2-for-1/BOGO deals any times soon is that there is a huge supply shortage! :lol: My province used Federal census data to determine how much weed would be purchased in the months following legalization. I guess they didn't realize that people would lie to conceal the fact that they use an illegal drug when they filled out their census forms??! :lol: My province is ruled by bozos!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

The roll-out of legalization, the number of open shops and the supply of flowers was/is a clusterfuck... who could've seen that coming? <_<

The dispensary I sometimes go to has some 'decent' prices but they still over-charge... a 1/4 oz of something like Purple Nuken or El Hefe for example, is $50.40 after taxes - so about $10 more than 'street price'. Stuff like Seawarp is a bit cheaper, and strains like God Bud are more expensive. I don't really mind paying an extra $10 on the occasion I'll buy from a dispensary, but if I weren't growing my own I'd stick to 'street dealers'.