The Weed Thread

soon

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, arnold layne said:

Oklahoma recently legalized medicinal marijuana by popular vote. 

This is a big step for marijuana. Oklahoma is a red state and was the first republican majority state to vote to legalize medical to this level. 

Awesome news!!! Hope it keeps momentum going! Happy for the people and pets of Oklahoma.

Ill have to look into it more, but is there anything noteworthy about how this came to be? 

2 hours ago, soon said:

Awesome news!!! Hope it keeps momentum going! Happy for the people and pets of Oklahoma.

Ill have to look into it more, but is there anything noteworthy about how this came to be? 

Oklahoma allows citizens to petition to put initiatives on the ballot. This initiative, SQ788, gathered enough signatures last summer. 

The bill criticized opposition (of course), but what separates this bill from other state measures is how loose it really is. Patients do not have to have certain illnesses to qualify.

Any condition is welcome so long as you can get a physician signature. Additionally, patients can grow up to six plants. Lastly and just as incredible, any person who is caught with an ounce and a half of marijuana is ticketed $400, however if they can prove in court they need it for medical reasons, all charges are tossed. 

That is right. In many ways, Oklahoma became the first south state to legalize marijuana for personal consumption. 

It passed with 10% margin and about a half a million marking 'Yes' to legalize.

Edited by arnold layne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Oklahoma allows citizens to petition to put initiatives on the ballot. This initiative, SQ788, gathered enough signatures last summer. 

The bill criticized opposition (of course), but what separates this bill from other state measures is how loose it really is. Patients do not have to have certain illnesses to qualify.

Any condition is welcome so long as you can get a physician signature. Additionally, patients can grow up to six plants. Lastly and just as incredible, any person who is caught with an ounce and a half of marijuana is ticketed $400, however if they can prove in court they need it for medical reasons, all charges are tossed. 

That is right. In many ways, Oklahoma became the first south state to legalize marijuana for personal consumption. 

It passed with 10% margin and about a half a million marking 'Yes' to legalize.

This is absolutely incredible!

Yeah, some really surpassing aspects to it all! And it all just makes sense (to me at least). 

Hopefully Drs will be signing! Here there was a lot of gatekeeping by Drs right up until recreational laws even.

So cool that one can prove retroactively! Mind is blown!

• Like 1

On 6/30/2018 at 11:22 AM, arnold layne said:

Oklahoma recently legalized medicinal marijuana by popular vote. 

This is a big step for marijuana. Oklahoma is a red state and was the first republican majority state to vote to legalize medical to this level. 

Alaska is a red state too and we also voted to legalize it and it passed. We have like 14 weed shops in Anchorage alone.  :thumbsup:

But ours is legal for all purposes...not just medicinal. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

Medical legalization in OK is huge. Whether Dr's prescribe it is another thing. Too many Dr have big pharma kickbacks ☹️ 

@arnold layne, do you think  the citizens of OK will get recreational use on the ballet? I assume there's talk of that? 

I think they have enough signatures for legalization on the next ballot. 

• Like 1

I've been sticking with my dealer to support him during his career change. He's MIA for a few days. Usually if he gets locked up someone from his crew takes over the phone, but its been radio silence. Now, I dont know if he's in jail again and that since its so close to legalization they've just just down the operation or not, but its an injustice and a tragedy that he's been in jail for this before. Because today in his absence I just went into town to the dispensary and got awesome weed for cheaper then he sold it for. No problem.

By coincidence I also needed to go by the apothecary for some nettle. Notice how these products look identical - because they are! But one healing herb is legal and the other healing herb is illegal. Looking at it really drove the point home:

8jEovh9h.jpg

Spoiler

ZwbEEMih.jpg

Uxtv3q5h.jpg

I cant take a good picture to save my life, but this is some very pretty Sour Diesel. Hairs are bright orange irl.

As a side note, here in Ontario alcohol sales are very restricted as well, so beer is sold at The Beer Store. The dispensary I went to is call Weeds. So basically people seem to think that those who enjoy these products are like cavemen, lol. Like "Me want beer, go to beer store. Me want weed, me go to weed store." :lol:

I haven't contributed much to this thread.  But it brings a song to mind.

Roll another one,
Just like the other one.
You been holding onto it,
And I sure would like a hit!

Don't bogart that joint my friend,
Pass it over to me!
Pass it over to me!

Don't you love Little Feat?

• GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, cineater said:

I haven't contributed much to this thread.  But it brings a song to mind.

Roll another one,
Just like the other one.
You been holding onto it,
And I sure would like a hit!

Pass it over to me!
Pass it over to me!

Don't you love Little Feat?

Rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll another one you mean!

• Like 1

Oh my word, the US Feds are so deeply misguided on the weed stuff. This is hilarious! This is part of their list of apparent street level code words for weed. Some are just names of strains :lol:. But my favourite supposed slang is Smoochy Poochy :rofl-lol:

From RS:

"To effectively crackdown on marijuana use, law enforcement needs to be street-wise to the contemporary jive, which is why, as Reason points out, in May 2017 the Drug Enforcement Agency, which falls under Sessions’ Department of Justice, released an intelligence report titled “Drug Slang Code Words.”"

Here are some other highlights:

Alice B Toklas
Arizona Ashes
Black Bart
Blue Cheese
Crazy Weed
Crying Weed
Crippy
Dinkie Dow
Dizz
Giggle Smoke
Giggle Weed
Good Giggles
Gorilla Glue
Green Mercedes Benz
Juanita
Lime Pillows
Pocket Rocket
Rainy Day Woman
Rasta Weed
Righteous Bush
Sasafras
Smoochy Poochy
Tex-Mex
Tweeds
Wake and Bake
Young Girls

A-Bomb (marijuana mixed with heroin)
Alfalfa
Almohada
Bazooka (marijuana mixed with cocaine paste)
Bionic (maijuana mixed with PCP)
Blue Dream
Branches
Café
Cajita
Camara
Devil’s Lettuce
Diosa Verde
Elefante Pata
Escoba
Fattie
Gallina
Garifa
Green Crack
Greenhouse
Hoja
Leña
Llesca
Loud
Lucas
Manteca
Mersh
Mexciali Haze
MMJ
My Brother
Nug
Pasto
Pasture
Peliroja
Pink Panther
Pintura
Plant
Porro
Purple OG
Red Hair
Shoes
Sour OG
Tangy OG
Terp
Terpenes
Tiggity
Top Shelf
Train Wreck
Trinity OG
Valle
Zip

State's legalization of marijuana in some degree is causing confusion for my Federal employer which will go not named. I just reviewed communication that reminds that marijuana is a Narcotic in the same category as Heroine, meth and Cocaine. The kicker, the attorney that drafted the communication name is Mary Jane! I was the only one that found that humorous 🤣

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, soon said:

Oh my word, the US Feds are so deeply misguided on the weed stuff. This is hilarious! This is part of their list of apparent street level code words for weed. Some are just names of strains :lol:. But my favourite supposed slang is Smoochy Poochy :rofl-lol:

From RS:

"To effectively crackdown on marijuana use, law enforcement needs to be street-wise to the contemporary jive, which is why, as Reason points out, in May 2017 the Drug Enforcement Agency, which falls under Sessions’ Department of Justice, released an intelligence report titled “Drug Slang Code Words.”"

Here are some other highlights:

Alice B Toklas
Arizona Ashes
Black Bart
Blue Cheese
Crazy Weed
Crying Weed
Crippy
Dinkie Dow
Dizz
Giggle Smoke
Giggle Weed
Good Giggles
Gorilla Glue
Green Mercedes Benz
Juanita
Lime Pillows
Pocket Rocket
Rainy Day Woman
Rasta Weed
Righteous Bush
Sasafras
Smoochy Poochy
Tex-Mex
Tweeds
Wake and Bake
Young Girls

A-Bomb (marijuana mixed with heroin)
Alfalfa
Almohada
Bazooka (marijuana mixed with cocaine paste)
Bionic (maijuana mixed with PCP)
Blue Dream
Branches
Café
Cajita
Camara
Devil’s Lettuce
Diosa Verde
Elefante Pata
Escoba
Fattie
Gallina
Garifa
Green Crack
Greenhouse
Hoja
Leña
Llesca
Loud
Lucas
Manteca
Mersh
Mexciali Haze
MMJ
My Brother
Nug
Pasto
Pasture
Peliroja
Pink Panther
Pintura
Plant
Porro
Purple OG
Red Hair
Shoes
Sour OG
Tangy OG
Terp
Terpenes
Tiggity
Top Shelf
Train Wreck
Trinity OG
Valle
Zip

Haha- some really good ones and some that really and truly are just wtf... green crack? Reminds me of this old Cheech n Chong bit from Los y Cochinos that I used to have on cassette in my teens... 

One dude I used to get it from just called it shrub. That is my all time favorite. “Got any shrub?” Or blasters, aka joints. “Got any blasters”?

• Haha 1

Two part podcast. In part one it gives a really great overview of how Colorado's legal weed movement changed and pivoted over the years to eventually achieve its goals. 

"Cannabis will be legal and regulated across Canada later this year, but Colorado has a four year head start on ending prohibition. Host Geoff Turner travelled to the Rocky Mountain State to see how legalization looks, four years on."

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/on-drugs/episode/15529652

http://www.cbc.ca/listen/shows/on-drugs/episode/15531743

Edited by soon

13 hours ago, EvanG said:

Weed has been legal in my country my whole life but I've never smoked it a lot. Never cared for it, maybe because I've never smoked anyway.

Yeah, I go for years with out being into it. Or just once a year. Currently I am enjoying it a lot. And I definitely prefer to vaporize it - much cleaner and healthier.

But I bet that it being legal demystifies it, maybe?

3 hours ago, soon said:

But I bet that it being legal demystifies it, maybe?

I don't know, I've had strange and lousy experiences with weed. Also, the THC is so strong nowadays, it's not funny anymore. Then again, if I would smoke a normal cigarette I would probably already get light-headed because I've never smoked. I guess weed is fun for people who are kinda hyperactive or want to shut off their thoughts and want to chill out and take it easy, but that is already how I am sober.

15 hours ago, EvanG said:

I don't know, I've had strange and lousy experiences with weed. Also, the THC is so strong nowadays, it's not funny anymore. Then again, if I would smoke a normal cigarette I would probably already get light-headed because I've never smoked. I guess weed is fun for people who are kinda hyperactive or want to shut off their thoughts and want to chill out and take it easy, but that is already how I am sober.

Oh yeah, it must be horrible to have bad highs. And just have to wait it out. 

It certainly can make one chill or even cause 'couch lock.' Lately I prefer strains that do the opposite and make me energetic, creative, giddy, inspired, driven. If its good for pain relief and induces appetite I could be dancing away for hours, with some marinara simmering, while I paper mache a toucan beak onto the mini fridge, lol

(sorry for bird reference!)

59 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh yeah, it must be horrible to have bad highs. And just have to wait it out. 

It certainly can make one chill or even cause 'couch lock.' Lately I prefer strains that do the opposite and make me energetic, creative, giddy, inspired, driven. If its good for pain relief and induces appetite I could be dancing away for hours, with some marinara simmering, while I paper mache a toucan beak onto the mini fridge, lol

(sorry for bird reference!)

I'm all for legalizing marijuana everywhere, if alcohol is legal, so should marijuana in my opinion. It's just a personal preference, though, even when I had 'normal' experiences with it, I didn't fancy it that much. I would get dizzy for about an hour and sit in the corner giggling and being a mute. While when I'm drinking I get a sense of euphoria that I've never experienced with weed, so I prefer that.

I do want to try spacecake one day, though. Maybe I will like it more if I don't have to smoke it.