The Weed Thread

soon

15 hours ago, janrichmond said:

lol, i always got solid (Leb, Rocky bit of Black now n then)

Shit, i ain't seen a draw of solid in fuckin' yonks.  I remember them days, 10 quid for a 8th and a big bottle of white lightning, used to see me and my mate Matt into the afternoon.  if you picked up in town in the 90s I probably know your dealer.

Edited by Len Cnut

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Actually the dispensary never sold seeds, I got them from a hydroponics place, they have some different brands of seeds and tons of books on growing. The brand I've got is 'Crop King', I'll probably grow a few outdoor and a few indoor (the auto-flowers seem ideal for outdoor growing as I won't have to cover them). I don't have an eye loupe, but I grew a 'test plant' under a 50W light over the summer and gave some bud to a friend, he took some pictures through an eye loupe, I'll see if I can find them.

And yea, there's definitely some pro's to the legal stuff, especially the concentrates, but if one of the goals was to eliminate 'black market sellers' then they've done a poor job by price-gouging new consumers.

I have to admit that Im jealous that you can grow outdoors now! Can you year round? Crops King's online store was out of Blueberry until recently - sounds like that was your fault! :lol: They have decent prices. I am tempted to try some of the Blue Ice from i49 though https://weed-seeds.ca/product/blue-ice-regular-cannabis-seeds/

Oh, cool. Thanks for looking into those pics. Would be neat.

I dont know about concentrates. Is that the same as an extract? My dealer said other then me, his business hasn't slowed down all that much. We have mail order monopoly with massive shortages and also the postal workers job actions. But I think its mainly that better prices are the only real reason to change habits.

1 hour ago, soon said:

I have to admit that Im jealous that you can grow outdoors now! Can you year round? Crops King's online store was out of Blueberry until recently - sounds like that was your fault! :lol: They have decent prices. I am tempted to try some of the Blue Ice from i49 though https://weed-seeds.ca/product/blue-ice-regular-cannabis-seeds/

Oh, cool. Thanks for looking into those pics. Would be neat.

I dont know about concentrates. Is that the same as an extract? My dealer said other then me, his business hasn't slowed down all that much. We have mail order monopoly with massive shortages and also the postal workers job actions. But I think its mainly that better prices are the only real reason to change habits.

I can't grow outdoors year-round, though the growing season ran quite late this year. I'll start the auto-flowers indoor and wait until around the end of May to get the outdoor ones going. (Flowering time is 8-9 weeks, ideally I'll harvest those at the end of August). I'll probably have an indoor crop finished by the time my outdoor ones are starting.

I'll PM you some pics from last summers garden ;)

Yea, by concentrates I'm talking mostly oils and tablets, 'shatter', those kinds of things are better to get from dispensaries. Even regular hash is sometimes more convenient to get legally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, i ain't seen a draw of solid in fuckin' yonks.  I remember them days, 10 quid for a 8th and a big bottle of white lightning, used to see me and my mate Matt into the afternoon.  if you picked up in town in the 90s I probably know your dealer.

An old punk, lived here. 

Plant Choir. Musical plants. Growers may be interested in this tech that uses plants to produce music. Err, grower-consumers mostly :lol:

Clips, like for boosting a car battery are placed on two points on the plants and fed into an app. It uses polygraph technology. You assign instruments and sounds to each plant. Based on the resistance to the current in each plant the app creates original music!

https://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/pitches/limestone-technologies-plant-choir

An earlier homemade version:

• 2 weeks later...

You know how you can get a flight of beers at the pub? Or "beer sticks" according to my shortie, lol.

GsZ0NcFh.jpg

I just bought my first ever flight of weed:

dUnBBmeh.jpg

zjUmTOSh.jpg

A gram each, two salivas Rio Bravo (wabanaki) and Saturday Afternoon. One hybrid, Solar Power (Sour Kush). Two indica, 402 Blueberry Kush and Sensi Star.

Ranging from 2% THC (but 9% CBD!!) to 24% THC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just successfully bribed/enticed my dealer to show up in a timely manner by offering a bag of chocolate candies as their reward if they met the deadline :lol:

They arrived early! But acted all casual like it was nothing out of the ordinary :rofl-lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

My blueberry plant is drying now, gonna spend an upcoming sunday sitting around with my band smoking and jamming. :D:devilshades:

I've got some auto-flowers sprouting under a 50W light but I'm gonna upgrade that to a 600W - my Bubba plants are doing really well under a 600.

Also finally got a better bong, was about the same price as my last one but it's waaaaay better:

IMG_7017.jpeg?v=1544804824

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My blueberry plant is drying now, gonna spend an upcoming sunday sitting around with my band smoking and jamming. :D:devilshades:

I've got some auto-flowers sprouting under a 50W light but I'm gonna upgrade that to a 600W - my Bubba plants are doing really well under a 600.

Also finally got a better bong, was about the same price as my last one but it's waaaaay better:

IMG_7017.jpeg?v=1544804824

Congratulations on your harvest! Should be a fantastic jam session. I'll be devoting all my lights to my herb, bean and veggie gardens until midsummer. 600W, thats raw power! Are you doing anything with your trimmings?

Nice looking bong. I dont recognize the 'spindles' in the neck - are they to get the smoke to cyclone? Or to prevent water splashing up? Oh, maybe to rest ice cubes on? 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Are you doing anything with your trimmings?

Just trying to keep them away from the cat... the little bastard tries to eat the leaves :lol: But no, I just throw them in the compost.

The light only actually draws 100W but it's 'equivalent to 600'. And there's multiple settings. But yea, it works really well for what I'm growing.

I always assumed the 'spindles' were ice-catchers, at least that's what I use them for.

• GNFNR 1

The mail order weed dilemma: The postal tracking number says it's arriving to me anytime now. But I have weed here and want get high now. But if I do get high now, then I wont get to fully experience the new weed blend when it arrives since I'll already be on a very particular high from my Green Cush (with no Indica balance). But the new weed might not arrive today at all. These are indeed such vexing times we live in :lol:

Edited by soon

57 minutes ago, soon said:

The mail order weed dilemma: The postal tracking number says it's arriving to me anytime now. But I have weed here and want get high now. But if I do get high now, then I wont get to fully experience the new weed blend when it arrives since I'll already be on a very particular high from my Green Cush (with no Indica balance). But the new weed might not arrive today at all. These are indeed such vexing times we live in :lol:

Smoke the gear you got and leave the other shit til another time, Jesus, how is that a dilemma? :lol:  

My God Bud and Gather strains arrived!! Both are grown using sunlight. Reedman, who produced the God Bud, is pesticide free and waters with well water. This is probably the first time Ive consumed weed I didnt grow that is pesticide free! Woo-Hoo!!

Solei who produced Gather (and I think maybe originated it) is a hilarious "lifestyle" brand. Its website pairs its weed strains with activities like cucumber and clay facials. All presented like an Insta-fluencer :lol:

https://solei.ca/en/#moment-unplug 

Edited by soon

On ‎24‎.‎01‎.‎2019 at 2:05 AM, soon said:

My God Bud and Gather strains arrived!! Both are grown using sunlight. Reedman, who produced the God Bud, is pesticide free and waters with well water. This is probably the first time Ive consumed weed I didnt grow that is pesticide free! Woo-Hoo!!

Highly ironic to worry about something that isn't shown to be dangerous (minute amounts of pesticidal residue in cannabis) while doing something that is definitely shown to come with various detrimental health affects (smoking cannabis) :lol:

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Highly ironic to worry about something that isn't shown to be dangerous (minute amounts of pesticidal residue in cannabis) while doing something that is definitely shown to come with various detrimental health affects (smoking cannabis) :lol:

Well, most of us wash our produce. I would suggest you start. If not for your own health, then at least for your childrens health.

I dont smoke it. 

Great post!

24 minutes ago, soon said:

Well, most of us wash our produce. I would suggest you start. If not for your own health, then at least for your childrens health.

I dont smoke it. 

Great post!

What makes you think I don't wash my produce? Even so, there is no evidence suggesting any residual pesticides are harmful….in contrast to marihuana (regardless of how you take it).

But I am not knocking your drug use, I don't care, I just found it ironic. Reminds of the time this guy who was sniffing glue (he carried the plastic bag and was not able to walk straight) who came up to us in Budapest and reminded us to wash the cherries we had just bought at the market, because we had to take care of our health :lol:

Just now, SoulMonster said:

What makes you think I don't wash my produce? Even so, there is no evidence suggesting any residual pesticides are harmful….in contrast to marihuana (regardless of how you take it).

But I am not knocking your drug use, I don't care, I just found it ironic. Reminds of the time this guy who was sniffing glue (he carried the plastic bag and was not able to walk straight) who came up to us in Budapest and reminded us to wash the cherries we had just bought at the market, because we had to take care of our health :lol:

There's a certain degree of reason to that.  Look at it this way, with weed you pay for a buzz, taking along with it the slight risk that, with prolonged use over a long period of time, its probably not the best thing for your health.  But you're getting something from it right i.e. the buzz.  However not washing your market cherries is inviting hazard for no good reason :lol: 

Also assuming that concern regarding pesticides is only for oneself, rather then the workers and the watershed. Oh well.

And no, not all methods are equally harmful to smoking. A tincture, an oil, topicals, for crying out loud. Vaping. All these things where nothing is burned and where no bud is consumed. Its just a silly suggestion that all are like smoking.

Edited by soon

On ‎27‎.‎01‎.‎2019 at 9:51 PM, soon said:

Its just a silly suggestion that all are like smoking.

I didn't say that "all are like smoking" or even imply that every form of using marihuana is equally damaging as smoking it ;). As far as I know there is not a single way of using marihuana that doesn't come with documented harmful effects, but that is irrelevant to my point which wasn't to criticize drug use but just point out the funny irony of taking steps to ensure the marihuana doesn't contain pesticides.'

….But of course your concern wasn't for your own health, but in solidarity with farmer comrades across the world who have to work with dangerous pesticides. Right :lol:

22 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

@Len Cnut These Septic Tanks and Canadians live in a totally different world mate .

Imagine being able to get your Piff on mail order? The Fuckin' Dream.

Mind you if it involved going online I wouldn't have a Scooby what i'm doing 

The only thing with delivery is all the packaging and that you have to be there to sign for it when it arrives, or else you have to go to post office to pick it up. And thats if the Posties arent on Strike. 

If you order 1g it will come in the brown post box, inside theres bubble wrap and a print out of instructions, plus the receipt. Then your weed will be in a smaller box, inside that smaller box is your plastic container of weed. Under the lid of your weed is a plastic safety seal to pull off. Compared to a baggie in the sock drawer, its kinda a hassle. Not to mention the waste. 

But, its still pretty great! :headbang: