11/20/18 - Hong Kong - Asia Expo Arena

alfierose

12 hours ago, Tucknroll said:

I don't know why but it annoys me watching Duff walk around.  Slash dances around and Axl is entertaining but Duff is like, ok, I'm gonna walk to the left, turn around and walk to the right. Always hated GNR on a massive stage

Duff could sit down on stage cross legged.

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

How can Rose suddenly produce fine rasp on a quite superb ''Shadow of Your Love'' yet squeak and wheeze for the rest of the songs? The workings of Axl Rose's voice is truly, to paraphrase Churchill, ''a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma''!

There's nothing mysterious about that at all. Axl ALWAYS sounds good when he screams. And SOYL is the only song that they play that's 100% screaming from beginning to the end. So what's the mystery? The songs that requires him to use a singing voice are always tougher songs for Axl to pull off. Even on other songs he always sounds good on those parts that require screaming. The Brian era AC/DC songs were also mostly based on screaming. There's literally no mystery here. It couldn't be simpler. He always sounds good when he screams and SOYL is a screaming song from beginning to the end, so obviously he sounds good on it.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Welcome To The Jungle SOUNDBOARD clip. Listen to this and then tell me it's a good Jungle :lol:

From the clips i Saw, he didn't sound very good this show..  Taiwan was much better.. For the most part anyway.. Some of those clips sounded so good that I got daring and tried to watch Rocket Queen from that show.. That was a mistake. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

From the clips i Saw, he didn't sound very good this show..  Taiwan was much better.. For the most part anyway.. Some of those clips sounded so good that I got daring and tried to watch Rocket Queen from that show.. That was a mistake. 

You got greedy

• Like 1

On 11/20/2018 at 10:54 PM, Amir said:

Wow, they actually played Chinese Democracy, the mad lads!

It's funny, often in Hong Kong when you see a pro-Falun Gong demonstration, some anti-Falun Gong demonstrators will set up shop right beside them.

I'm not surprised it was played - didn't they play it in HK in 2002 also? As far as I'm aware also, HK isn't subject to the government restrictions on live acts that get implemented in mainland China. 

2 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

I'm not surprised it was played - didn't they play it in HK in 2002 also? As far as I'm aware also, HK isn't subject to the government restrictions on live acts that get implemented in mainland China. 

Yeah, but I think there's been pressure on HK the past few years to conform more and more with mainland standards (2002 was only 5 years after the handover from the UK).

• GNFNR 1

Review of the show: https://amp.scmp.com/culture/music/article/2174257/guns-n-roses-play-marathon-three-hour-gig-hong-kong-hits-hair-big

Overall seems positive, though notes that Axl struggles on Better and You Could Be Mine, and that the show does drag on and lose energy in the middle around Coma.

Interesting that they were supposed to interview Slash before the show, but then management said he couldn't be asked questions about GNR, only his solo stuff, and it fell through.

41 minutes ago, Amir said:

Overall seems positive, though notes that Axl struggles on Better and You Could Be Mine, and that the show does drag on and lose energy in the middle around Coma.

It's weird how Coma divides people. Casual fans and journalists usually complain about it and for hardcore fans it's often a highlight of the show.

• Like 2