Guns N' Roses' Slash wants to wrap up divorce: Details of the huge financial settlement

Guns N' Roses' Slash wants to wrap up divorce: Details of the huge financial settlement

a couple of people posing for the camera: Slash and wife Perla Hudson attend the 10th Annual MusiCares Map Fund Benefit Concert Honoring Ozzy Osbourne and Jeff Greenberg in Los Angeles on May 12, 2014.

Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash and wife Perla Ferrar split more than three years ago in late 2014. But their divorce has yet to be finalized.

Now, the rocker is pushing for the court to end their 13-year marriage once and for all. "Perla has been slow responding, or has deliberately drawn out responding, throughout this matter," he explains in court papers, The Blast reports. "I want to move on with my life."

And he's prepared to pay her a pretty penny in order to do so.

The Blast has details of the financial deal Slash is proposing, and some of the figures are jaw-dropping.

He wants to pay Perla $100,000 a month in spousal support until she dies or remarries and also seeks to fork over an equalization payment in the form of a check for $6,627,352 within a month of a judge signing off on the deal.

Slash et al. posing for the camera: Slash wife Perla Ferrar and sons London and Cash Hudson attend his star ceremony on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on July 10, 2012.

She would also get primary physical custody of their sons -- London, 15, and Cash, 13 -- though she and Slash would share legal custody. The guitarist wants to pay her $39,000 a month in child support. The boys would also get 1.8 percent of Slash's income for the next 18 years.

In return, The Blast reports, Slash -- who said he earns $345,000 a month -- would maintain his interest in Guns N' Roses as well as his other companies and would also keep his residuals, trademarks, bank accounts, guitar collection and a 2011 Ford F-150 truck.

Perla would keep their 2014 Range Rover, 2015 Mercedes AMG and a 2015 Mercedes Benz GL 450 as well as a Los Angeles home, though both she and Slash purchased new houses with community funds in late 2017, The Blast previously reported. (His pad cost $6.25 million while hers -- which is just four miles away -- was $3.5 million.)

Though Perla has yet to file her monthly income, Slash told the court he doesn't need to see it because he's ready to make the divorce judgement final now.

In 2015, TMZ reported that Perla and Slash did not have a prenup in place when they married in 2001 and that she was gunning for 50 percent of his earnings.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/celebrity/guns-n-roses-slash-wants-to-wrap-up-divorce-details-of-the-huge-financial-settlement/ar-AAyxHco?ocid=ob-tw-enus-677

I meant to post this in the Slash section. Mods will you please move it? Thanks

13 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I meant to post this in the Slash section. Mods will you please move it? Thanks

I think it's okay here personally. Slash is in GNR therefore to my mind it's GNR news. Other mods may not agree! :lol:

Side note - wow I thought the divorce was done, didn't realise it was still dragging on.

• Like 1

That must be one really nice 2011 truck.

Always shitty to hear about these situations.  Money + emotional distress almost never leads to a positive outcome.  Hopefully both parties can find a settlement that works for everyone involved, does right by the kids, and helps everyone move on. 

• Like 2

It was obvious something was up during the course of their relationship.

You would see pictures of Slash buying these houses with chandeliers in every room and gold plated walls. You would hear rumblings of reality shows involving family members. Slash driving around in Humvee's and Range Rovers. All of a sudden, Slash became a "brand," something that he only flirted with years earlier when he spoofed himself sponsoring Black Death Vodka.

This wasn't the same guy who once wanted an apartment that looked like a bare hotel room. It wasn't the guy who would show up to radio interviews so he could cop a free t-shirt so he had something to wear tomorrow. This Slash was more like Mr. T.

Slash has taken the high road and wouldn't want us to say nasty things on the internet. Don't insult his ex-wife, he has kids with her, it's clear he wants the best for them all. Much respect to him, it must have been extremely difficult. 

Relationships rarely end up well.

Axl & Slash felt the pain and managed to put everything in their art and performances. That's an example for all of us.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1