Guns N' Roses' Slash wants to wrap up divorce: Details of the huge financial settlement

52 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

You probably know more than me. I basing my back of the envelope math on the first article of this thread. Maybe $350k per month is a post-tax number. That would make slightly more sense. Plus, the royalties they make on sales and publishing and merchandise. Those income streams will run in perpetuity for the rest of their lives. Not a bad living  

I think he's paid a lump sum for the tour (each of them are) and the monthly income he reports is in addition to that. So he has blowout month once they sign more legs etc. maybe I'm crazy. I assume each is pocketing at least $40MM pre tax from the tour thus far. 

49 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

You probably know more than me. I basing my back of the envelope math on the first article of this thread. Maybe $350k per month is a post-tax number. That would make slightly more sense. Plus, the royalties they make on sales and publishing and merchandise. Those income streams will run in perpetuity for the rest of their lives. Not a bad living  

It would be post tax amount that he could use to pay Pearla. 

Maybe my numbers are too high because they don’t make 1 mil per show, only the big shows. Like Download. 

But they must be in high tax bracket. 

Seems to be saying on average

10 shows a month x 70k = 700k a month - tax = 345k

pays off Pearla 150k, still has 200k a month. 

“Half”

4 hours ago, nycgunner said:

I am surprised he only makes ~$350,000 a month, or $4.2 million a year. Post taxes he’s probably around $2.5 million. After she gets her share (which may be tax deductible although I think that changed in the new Trump tax plan) and pays child support, maybe he has $1.2 million to $1.5 million a year left.  

He wont starve but not what I’d expect for one of the biggest guitar icons in history. He must have other income streams 

Let me tell you that he most likely, doesn't.  What you put on your paper when you file for divorce or you do your taxes is what an accountant and lawyer advice you to declare.  Slash is a multi-millionaire rock icon, so he's definitely surrounded by the best accounting and law firms in the U.S.  Now, maybe the law is slightly different in the States and this doesn't apply to them but as far as I'm concerned, in my country it's how things are done.  Legally speaking, he's only forced to declare what he's advised to.  His real income will never be on those papers.

Many of those numbers are impressive (a settlement of around $6 million, $100,000 a month until Perla dies or remarries, $39,000 a month in child support and 1.8% of Slash's income for the kids for the next 18 years), but trust me that if she accepts, that would be a hell of a deal for Slash and his finances.  By law - and I don't think this is fair - Perla deserves much more.

I wouldn't be surprised if Perla responds to his request by saying that he doesn't earn what he says he does and that she wants more money.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Kwick1 said:

Happiness and the ability to move on with ones life is worth any amount and lawyers love that. The lesson get a prenup. 

I too thought this was finalized previously. 

I have no idea why slash didn't do a prenup with perla like he did with his first wife renee. If slash did a prenup he could have given her a one time lump sun and he can move on with his life.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tremolo said:

Theoretically could this be stopping a gnr release with slash in it (the whole divorce thing, not the co-ownership of slash’s label)?

Why the fuck did slash agree to this. Theres a saying, business and family don't mix.

7 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

I don't want to but I'm going to comment .. This whole thing is complete bullshit, Perla is greedy as fuck by even wanting/accepting this from the father of her children and the man she once loved (if ever real love exists in rich and famous land) Slash is a dumbass by getting himself into this whole situation and by offering this much in the first place. On top of that he now even has a worse partner in Meagan. She is dumb as fuck, an attention whore on social media, has weird ass kids and does literally nothing for a living as far as I can tell.... Speaking about gold digging.... Worst thing is Duff and Susan are friends and they all act like they are on a pink cloud of ignorance.. Slash has learned nothing. I fully understand why Axl travels alone lol

Im wondering if Axl hasn't been married because hes afraid what the divorce scenario is. I cant see him selling his Malibu home as part of any settlement. Slash should have done a prenup to avoid this. Arlet veerecke always hated perla, marc canter couldn't stand her. Even and ive read axl never contacted slash previously because of perla. Its interesting anyone that's been associated with the band in the old days that were still friends with Slash during his solo days couldn't accept or stand her.I would like to see if perla gets any comments on her facebook or twitter account because of this.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This is about the record label:

Dik Hayd International, LLC filed as a Foreign in the State of California on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 and is approximately thirteen years old, according to public records filed with California Secretary of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Sunday, May 25, 2014.
Saul Hudson serves as the Member and has interests in other corporate entities including Fuku Mang, Inc., Dik Hayd Touring, Inc.
Perla Hudson is the Member of Dik Hayd International, LLC.

https://www.discogs.com/label/194827-Dik-Hayd-Records

And here, Perla tried to register the GNR and AFD logos to their company/label:

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn78866396&docId=APP20060425083458#docIndex=7&page=1

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn78866398&docId=APP20060425083500#docIndex=6&page=1

Fuck you have to hand it to her. shes smart!!!!

About the monthly income, I know that successful bands where I live just put all earnings into an account and draw monthly salaries. That way when the inevitable lean times come, theres no impact on ones budget - its always the same. Slash is on a much larger scale, but has seen lean times. I note he started his lable and live entities during his leanest times in 2001. And when hes doing SMKC hes paying out a lot to keep it going. A healthy live following, but not millions of dollars worth. Grateful Dead did that too.

Its a tradition that goes all the way back to Elvis. He always just told his manager to make sure there was 1 million in his chequeing account.

I also think this monthly figure is post tax net income. But also its post business expenses and post charitable donations. Being a zoo benefactor is probably a pretty penny. I think he is an incorporated entity. Which I dont know about California, but here it allows one to pay friends, family and staff like gardeners, housekeepers, social media reps, personal assistants, animal caregivers, home support for aging parents, etc out the corporations account, pre income. Whereas a non incorporated individual would pay those expenses with their income. Its being clamped down on because people use it to remain in lower tax brackets,  but it is still legal.

1 minute ago, tremolo said:

For some reason, most men go all in when they get married and don’t consider that when things go wrong women can be extremely vindictive. I guess Axl saw that, either from his own experience or intuition, and considering they were all too high/drunk to act responsibly, he took matters in his own hands.

Hahaha :)

Maybe a new GNR album once the divorce is settled? Say what you want about Axl but a stupid businessman he is not. Maybe he is just eager to wrap it up but not wanting to have Yoko situation within GNR? Come to think of it, Axl taking full charge of the rights might turn out to be a very good thing in the end. Better a band member than an ex-wife of a band member.

I heard Duff left some of his share of the tour to Slash because of all that, any truth to that?

1 hour ago, adamsapple said:

Maybe a new GNR album once the divorce is settled? Say what you want about Axl but a stupid businessman he is not. Maybe he is just eager to wrap it up but not wanting to have Yoko situation within GNR? Come to think of it, Axl taking full charge of the rights might turn out to be a very good thing in the end. Better a band member than an ex-wife of a band member.

I heard Duff left some of his share of the tour to Slash because of all that, any truth to that?

Unless California has some really wacky laws (I guess anything is possible in that state), an ex-spouse would never be awarded controlling shares in a small corporation or LLC. If she was awarded half then Slash would have to give her the monetary equivalent of 1/2 his share's value. He could do that out of his bank account or take out a loan backed by future profits.

12 hours ago, Blackstar said:

This is about the record label:

Dik Hayd International, LLC filed as a Foreign in the State of California on Wednesday, March 28, 2001 and is approximately thirteen years old, according to public records filed with California Secretary of State. The filing is currently active as of the last data refresh which occured on Sunday, May 25, 2014.
Saul Hudson serves as the Member and has interests in other corporate entities including Fuku Mang, Inc., Dik Hayd Touring, Inc.
Perla Hudson is the Member of Dik Hayd International, LLC.

https://www.discogs.com/label/194827-Dik-Hayd-Records

And here, Perla tried to register the GNR and AFD logos to their company/label:

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn78866396&docId=APP20060425083458#docIndex=7&page=1

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn78866398&docId=APP20060425083500#docIndex=6&page=1

Okay, but do we know what assets that company posses? People can start many companies and the companies themselves don't necessarily have to have capital to hold them up. It looks like the Dik Hayd is used to prop up Slash's solo albums, which is fair to say made some money, but I don't see Velvet Revolver involved in that, so I don't know what that says about that money.  There might not be a lot of funds in Dik Hayd. Basically, I'm trying to figure out what is the "mothership" company that Slash funnels his capital through. He might have more than one company.

We know Axl's is Black Frog, I've just never seen Slash's company name appear at the bottom of press releases or promotional material, so it's tough to say where his money goes.

Edited by appetite4illusions

This reminds me so much of my husband’s ex. She delayed and delayed their divorce for 5 years. No settlement he offered was ever good enough. She would accuse him of having more so she wanted more. Finally, his attorney did the same thing Slash and his attorney did - filed with the court a best and final. It forced her hand and she came to court to fight it. She lost even more. If Perla is smart, she will take this generous deal. Judges see through “games” that people play in divorce. 

• Like 1