the eating stuff thread

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

If you have congested sinuses then I suppose you can get sudafed down there in Canada, works wonders on sinusitises. 

Thanks. Its been ages since I was last sick so its good to be reminded of the options. Luckily some goldenseal and eucalyptus oil cleared me out pretty well so far. One full nostril open and the other will fall to hot wings Im sure. But my throat is so sore and stuffed up but it hurts too much to try and clear my throat or even drink tea. Whats the medicine for that, please?

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An orange loaf cake, topped with a basket weave frosting and chocolate orange segments. Not bad for a first attempt at basket weave piping. 

I'm now departing from this conversation.

I didn't feel like cooking so I went to Five Guys instead. There's a fuck ton more fries in the bag 

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, soon said:

Thanks. Its been ages since I was last sick so its good to be reminded of the options. Luckily some goldenseal and eucalyptus oil cleared me out pretty well so far. One full nostril open and the other will fall to hot wings Im sure. But my throat is so sore and stuffed up but it hurts too much to try and clear my throat or even drink tea. Whats the medicine for that, please?

I am afraid your options are limited. Viral infections of the throat still twarth medicinal science. I have found that licorice and Netflix makes me feel better. 

12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am afraid your options are limited. Viral infections of the throat still twarth medicinal science. I have found that licorice and Netflix makes me feel better. 

Really? You pulling my leg theres nothing equal to sudafed for my throat? I guess Ill go ahead and gargle some sage tea in the meantime - I didnt know it could hurt this bad though. Netflix and licorice it is, plus watching an election campaign that has black face, far right party, sexy reporters and a guy running for PM who is a separatist.

18 minutes ago, soon said:

Really? You pulling my leg theres nothing equal to sudafed for my throat? I guess Ill go ahead and gargle some sage tea in the meantime - I didnt know it could hurt this bad though. Netflix and licorice it is, plus watching an election campaign that has black face, far right party, sexy reporters and a guy running for PM who is a separatist.

I think there are quite a few remedies that numbs the throat, like containing small amounts of codeine. In my opinion Netflix and licorice works just as well :) 

Hope you will feel better @soon!

• Thanks 1
21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I think there are quite a few remedies that numbs the throat, like containing small amounts of codeine. In my opinion Netflix and licorice works just as well :) 

Hope you will feel better @soon!

Any good action movies on Netflix? Even sicker today. I was able to taste the Chinese delivery I got though.

3 hours ago, soon said:

Any good action movies on Netflix? Even sicker today. I was able to taste the Chinese delivery I got though.

Hmm, sorry, I don't really watch TV. Whenever I am sick I usually start some kind of movie that I can't see with my wife (because it doesn't contain puppies or kissing or ideally puppies that kiss), so some violent action movie, but end up doing some stuff on my computer instead.

• 4 weeks later...

@DieselDaisy Im looking forward to this new show on Japanese food. It may be a bit too millennial and twee for you, but I figured Id be remiss to not mention it. It also has my lovely Claire as a guest. Hoping to up my Japanese game (which aint much currently). You been cooking lately?

• 3 weeks later...

(I guess this thread is just me talking to myself now? :lol: Well Im in good company "talking to yourself..." :axl92:)

Eating homemade granola for breakfast has got to be one of the greatest pleasures in life. I hope that everyone who is able to gets to experience this simple joy at least once.

Also dicing fresh chives on a hotdog really classes up the joint :drool:

• 4 weeks later...

Making ginger pork noodle stir fry with peas (soy, brown rice vinegar, chives and sriracha sauce). While I proof my bread dough. Listening to Star Wars themed Christmas music. Bliss.

Made croutons yesterday, so garden salad on the side.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I had roast potatoes in blankets yesterday.

Guinness is my roast potatoes. Bacon, sausage, stuffing and Guinness. When the pilgrims came over on the Mayflower and scalped Jesus this what they ate. The first recorded day of Xmas, 1966. The menu of World Cup Winners. 

Over Christmas I had the most delicious cheesy potato casserole that @cineater turned me on to. They're perfection :drool:

Been eating lots of red lentil coconut curry with peas, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Scooping it up with mountain bread.

Today Im making a hot chicken sandwich with creamy mushroom and chicken gravy, corn and cilantro 

1 hour ago, soon said:

Over Christmas I had the most delicious cheesy potato casserole that @cineater turned me on to. They're perfection :drool:

Been eating lots of red lentil coconut curry with peas, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Scooping it up with mountain bread.

Today Im making a hot chicken sandwich with creamy mushroom and chicken gravy, corn and cilantro 

Today is the I'm done eating stuff day, lol.  I've been fed.  I'm going to get my exercise cleaning the kitchen.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

EYOZ7gWh.jpg

Leafs fan, 8, gets birthday cake with meat company logo after mix-up

The boy refused to eat the cake stating that he "doesn't want any ham cake." :lol:

https://www.cp24.com/news/leafs-fan-8-gets-birthday-cake-with-meat-company-logo-after-mix-up-1.4755566

Okay, but heres the thing. This alleged mistake happened in Quebec, just outside of The Habs hometown of Montreal. I for one wouldnt put it passed the French to do this on purpose! Theres one in a Habs jersey right next to him in the picture, looking suspect! You gotta watch it with Quebecers! Shame on the French! :lol:

I love cooking. I love eating. I come from a cooking culture. I live food.  I need to lose weight. Food is just not digesting for me so I have no choice but to make changes.  Today is football Sunday, playoffs. It is an eating ,over eating day, lol.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...