the eating stuff thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 792
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An orange loaf cake, topped with a basket weave frosting and chocolate orange segments. Not bad for a first attempt at basket weave piping. 

I took these off my daughters birthday cake so her and her friends could take them -  20 minutes later they’re all crying because they ate them 

I didn't feel like cooking so I went to Five Guys instead. There's a fuck ton more fries in the bag 

Posted Images

Chia crackers.

Just water, chia seeds and seasoning. Crunchy and delicious. Would be possible to dehydrate/cook under 220f which would mean they are 'raw.' So f'n easy to make - takes minutes to prep.

I asked my friend if they thought my jeans were shrinking.

They looked at me with pity and just said "I love you."

... Yeah, Ive put on some 'pandemic pounds.' And was apparently in denial about it :lol:

I love making spaghetti bolognese myself. I am, when doing this, not in the least hindered by "official" recipes. Not two variants are the same. With or without carrots, courgettes, with red whine, with white whine, with whisky, oregano, basilicum, garlic, pork meat, cow meat, passata or whole tomatoes.... the possibilities are endless.

I have:

- restaurant spaghetti 

- red whine spaghetti

- easy spaghetti

- spaghetti as made by my mother

- spaghetti as made by my father in law

- spaghetti from a friend of the family, using autrian white wine

it is my absolute favorite meal, and a standard to separate the good cooks from the bad.

And now I've started to make my own lasagna, which adds a whole other level as I can incorporate the sauces I've learned and add another layer of cheese sauce

Also, I'm tagging @Dazey just to get him all watery in the mouth

• Like 1
2 hours ago, action said:

I love making spaghetti bolognese myself. I am, when doing this, not in the least hindered by "official" recipes. Not two variants are the same. With or without carrots, courgettes, with red whine, with white whine, with whisky, oregano, basilicum, garlic, pork meat, cow meat, passata or whole tomatoes.... the possibilities are endless.

I have:

- restaurant spaghetti 

- red whine spaghetti

- easy spaghetti

- spaghetti as made by my mother

- spaghetti as made by my father in law

- spaghetti from a friend of the family, using autrian white wine

it is my absolute favorite meal, and a standard to separate the good cooks from the bad.

And now I've started to make my own lasagna, which adds a whole other level as I can incorporate the sauces I've learned and add another layer of cheese sauce

Also, I'm tagging @Dazey just to get him all watery in the mouth

Sounds tasty. Im the same, i like to free style my red sauces. I have,

- My veggie loaded, purred sauce spaghetti, with ground beef

- My Moms style

- Grandmas bolongese, with sliced mushrooms and celery

- My Bolongese, grammas plus fresh herbs like winter savoury, basil and chives

- My Spaghetti and meat balls in my marinara with bone broth

Normally at this time of year Id be canning tomatoes and making marinara from scratch, with fresh herbs and paste tomatoes. Not this shitty year though. I like my marinara as a dip too.

Also this time of year is when i make fresh noodles for lasagna and ravioli that I make huge freezer batches of :drool: Sometimes I keep the lasagna simple and other times the tray weighs 20 lbs and costs a mint :lol:

Ooh, time for some garlic bread too :drool:

5 minutes ago, soon said:

Sounds tasty. Im the same, i like to free style my red sauces. I have,

- My veggie loaded, purred sauce spaghetti, with ground beef

- My Moms style

- Grandmas bolongese, with sliced mushrooms and celery

- My Bolongese, grammas plus fresh herbs like winter savoury, basil and chives

- My Spaghetti and meat balls in my marinara with bone broth

Normally at this time of year Id be canning tomatoes and making marinara from scratch, with fresh herbs and paste tomatoes. Not this shitty year though. I like my marinara as a dip too.

Also this time of year is when i make fresh noodles for lasagna and ravioli that I make huge freezer batches of :drool: Sometimes I keep the lasagna simple and other times the tray weighs 20 lbs and costs a mint :lol:

Ooh, time for some garlic bread too :drool:

mixing or not, or half mixing half not?

i like both, but I leave it as is when I'd like some bite

4 minutes ago, action said:

mixing or not, or half mixing half not?

i like both, but I leave it as is when I'd like some bite

For most I serve it sauce on top of noodles, but I always mix it right away on my plate.

But yeah, some al dente noddle is great! Also, sometimes I go with spaghetinni noodles for my moms version. They get soft.

With my meatballs and marinara, I always mix the noddles in the simmering pot - finish cooking them that way.

This time of year, Ill forgo the noodles and use Spaghetti Squash instead. You ever try that?

3 minutes ago, soon said:

For most I serve it sauce on top of noodles, but I always mix it right away on my plate.

But yeah, some al dente noddle is great! Also, sometimes I go with spaghetinni noodles for my moms version. They get soft.

With my meatballs and marinara, I always mix the noddles in the simmering pot - finish cooking them that way.

This time of year, Ill forgo the noodles and use Spaghetti Squash instead. You ever try that?

no, i mean mixing the sauce you fruitcake :P you're mixing your noodles? wat?

I only use "spaghetti" pasta or "capellini" pasta. noodles that's for wok, not for a tomato sauce :popcorn:

Edited by action
30 minutes ago, action said:

no, i mean mixing the sauce you fruitcake :P you're mixing your noodles? wat?

I only use "spaghetti" pasta or "capellini" pasta. noodles that's for wok, not for a tomato sauce :popcorn:

Spaghetti Squash is not a noodle for a wok, silly bean :P Its a fucking gourd.

I only lightly stir bolongese to allow some caremalization. The rest I stir. Epspecially marinara as its like 1/3 oil!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, action said:

homemade lasagne today. The meat will be quenched in red wine, in a tomato sauce with carrot and courgette and hot spices, topped off with cheese sause

Sounds tasty! Whats your opinion on mushroom in lasagna?

On 10/18/2020 at 12:54 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

Got a bottle of this stuff a few days ago, so now I'm making pulled pork. :drool:

dabxxx1_1024x1024.jpg?v=1597337240

That a boy. If I get a bottle, we should play truth or dab here on the forum? :bbf:

1 hour ago, soon said:

That a boy. If I get a bottle, we should play truth or dab here on the forum? :bbf:

How would we play it on the forum?

It's pretty tasty... obviously it's similar to the original version, a little hotter and takes a bit longer to reach full heat, but for a superhot sauce it's pretty good.

13 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

How would we play it on the forum?

It's pretty tasty... obviously it's similar to the original version, a little hotter and takes a bit longer to reach full heat, but for a superhot sauce it's pretty good.

Oh thats true, we'd need to use honour code and also just describe our reactions to taking a dab... that might not work so well, I guess?

Nice. I wonder if they'll manage to make each successive Last Dab hotter than the last, for as long as they go. Hope the pulled pork turned out well!

Today Ive cooked something that doesn't really have a name.

850 grams minced beef

2 finely chopped onions

3 large chopped carrots

Chopped kale,leek and cabbage

Broccoli

Peas

Pint of beef stock

3 spoonfuls of mustard

Worcester  sauce

Pint of gravy.

Its like avery thick rich meaty sauce with lots  of vegetables. There is loads in the pot so it will be the basis for about 3 days worth of meals this week. I will just tweak how i serve it up each day. 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Today Ive cooked something that doesn't really have a name.

850 grams minced beef

2 finely chopped onions

3 large chopped carrots

Chopped kale,leek and cabbage

Broccoli

Peas

Pint of beef stock

3 spoonfuls of mustard

Worcester  sauce

Pint of gravy.

Its like avery thick rich meaty sauce with lots  of vegetables. There is loads in the pot so it will be the basis for about 3 days worth of meals this week. I will just tweak how i serve it up each day. 

Sounds delicious. My mind goes right to poutine!

Roast beef sandwich on rye bread with mayo, dijon mustard, some black pepper, lettuce, and homegrown a jalapeno :drool:

On 10/20/2020 at 5:56 AM, soon said:

Oh thats true, we'd need to use honour code and also just describe our reactions to taking a dab... that might not work so well, I guess?

Nice. I wonder if they'll manage to make each successive Last Dab hotter than the last, for as long as they go. Hope the pulled pork turned out well!

When I first got it I brought the bottle to work and had a dab at lunch, 1 dab is pretty good and not intolerable heat-wise but I wouldn't wanna eat a spoonful or anything :lol:

• Haha 1