the eating stuff thread

wasted

Flat bread pizza & turkey cold cuts wrap w/ghost pepper hot suace. I've done such a good thing today :drool:

3 ingredient flat bread takes minutes, not hours to make. No rest, no rise, no yeast. Great way to use up yogurt!

Recipe,

Spoiler

Flat bread -

Ingredients -

• 1 cup plain yogurt (ideally full fat)
  • 1 cup AP flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder

Directions -

1. Preheat non stick pan on stove top to medium
  2. Combine dry ingredients
  3. Add most of yogurt (You might not need it all. Add more as needed to form shaggy dough)
  4. Use handle end of wooden spoon to bring together. Use hands towards end to form shaggy dough
  5. Divide into 8 pieces using bench scrapper
  6. Using plenty of flour, roll out balls as thin as can be (prepare the next as the one before it cooks in pan)
  7. Brush top of dough with melted garlic butter just before you place in pan
  8. Place buttered side down in pan. Cook 2-3 minutes per side
  9. Stack them up as you cook them, on a plate. Steam is good to promote a toothsome texture. Buttered side up, salt immediately after removing from pan

Wrap -

1. Top freshly cooked flat bread with melted garlic butter (yes, a second addition of garlic butter!), grated parm, pizza sauce, Pepper North No Joke hot sauce - which is red pepper and ghost pepper, and pepperoni
  2. Place in pre heated oven on broiler. Remove when edges and pepperoni are to desired done-ness (I like both a bit crispy - but make sure the bread is still wrapable). I pan cooked my pepperoni for a few minutes to help the cooking along, so that I didn't need to cook the pizza very long
  3. Lay out turkey cold cuts over the top of the pizza. I used 8
  4. Top with salad greens. Mine were nutty
  5. Wrap burrito style

*Flat bread recipe from Gemma Stafford of Bigger Bolder Baking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

All my life I've had mild rosacea -  very pink cheeks. I've quit eating sweets, cakes and biscuits for Lent and the rosacea seems to be disappearing. It does make me wonder what else I could change if I was more discerning with what I ate. 

I quit salad for lent. Started at lent in 1980 and I've yet to resume. :lol: 

• Haha 2