the eating stuff thread

wasted

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh right, I didnt know that, when you alluded to being isolated from modern living I thought it was like, self imposed, I didn’t know you lived out in the sticks.  

So, you’re a proper fuckin’ Dingle then?  Cool.  What sort of farming are your people about?

No, I live in a town. But you have to remember Northumberland, my county, has a population of only about 300,000. It is one of the least densely populated counties in England.

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Do they still do fruit pastels, I've not had some in ages.

Yes, well these were, I thought I got wine guns but they were covered in sugar. I didn’t know Tizer still existed. 

7 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think it made a comeback cuz it was definitely gone there for a while. 

And dandelion and burdock wasn’t in cans. It was just 3 litre bottles. 

55p seems like a lot for a can. In China 6 cans for 10rmb. 

3 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Kasanova King i think i've heard of it but we don't have them here, is it like KFC?

Not quite.  It's basically just chicken sandwiches, tenders, fries, sides.  But they're probably the best chicken sandwiches around...every one around here is packed pretty much all day.  They do enough business Monday - Saturday that they actually close on Sundays. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@Kasanova King i think i've heard of it but we don't have them here, is it like KFC?

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Not quite.  It's basically just chicken sandwiches, tenders, fries, sides.  But they're probably the best chicken sandwiches around...every one around here is packed pretty much all day.  They do enough business Monday - Saturday that they actually close on Sundays. 

^This^, plus Chick-Fil-A just repeated as having the highest customer satisfaction for national fast food chains in the US.  The fries are good, and I like the side salad even better.  http://fortune.com/2018/07/05/best-fast-food-restaurant-2018/

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Sounds good, so is it Southern fried or just plain breaded? What the fuck are tenders??

19 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Sounds good, so is it Southern fried or just plain breaded? What the fuck are tenders??

It's more southern fried but the batter/breading they use is unique....tastes nothing like KFC.   And chicken tenders are:

Image result for chick fil a chicken tenders

I'm guessing y'all call them something else. :lol:

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

A chicken's tender regions?

They serve them in China I believe. 

I prefer spicy sliced pig cartilage. Pigs ear I think. It’s a Taiwan delicacy. Crunchy. 

Edited by wasted

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They call em chicken strips here...and cuz our fast food is apparently of a lower quality than the yanks they’re usually thinner.

They were not grown thinner haha. You could buy a chicken breast - or better again a whole chicken - and portion it however you want,