the eating stuff thread

wasted

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They were not grown thinner haha. You could buy a chicken breast - or better again a whole chicken - and portion it however you want, 

Yeah but that requires work and if you're some turned up collar Fred Perry polo shirt wearing Reebok Classics job you tend to go the 1.89 down the local chicken shop route.

9 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They call em chicken strips here...and cuz our fast food is apparently of a lower quality than the yanks they’re usually thinner.

But you can buy chicken tenderloins in supermarket, not sure about here. 

Just now, Len Cnut said:

The ones here in the chickens shops are pretty fuckin' scatty to be fair. 

Tyson is the brand I know that is safe globally. 

I always buy chicken wings in UK. It’s 99p for a hundred. In China chicken breasts are 3 for a pound like lighters. Price is dictated by perception. It’s all an illusion people, life is a fear based videogame you have to wake up from. 

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

Tyson is the brand I know that is safe globally. 

I always buy chicken wings in UK. It’s 99p for a hundred. In China chicken breasts are 3 for a pound like lighters. Price is dictated by perception. It’s all an illusion people, life is a fear based videogame you have to wake up from. 

We've all gotta die of somethin' eh?

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

They were not grown thinner haha. You could buy a chicken breast - or better again a whole chicken - and portion it however you want, 

There’s something gross about slicing up dead chickens. Pre roasted then eat it with your hands and a pint of milk like in Gangs of New York. 

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

There’s something gross about slicing up dead chickens. Pre roasted then eat it with your hands and a pint of milk like in Gangs of New York. 

I've never been bothered about that stuff to be honest.  Better a chicken than a hitchhiker, as my Uncle Pete from Bingley used to say!

6 minutes ago, wasted said:

100 hormonally enhanced chicken wings marinated in tequila and lemon. Drunk and suffering PMS is the only way to go. Yin and Yang. 

This is the 21st Century after all, pneumonia or polio would be something of a disappointment on the ol' death certificate.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I've never been bothered about that stuff to be honest.  Better a chicken than a hitchhiker, as my Uncle Pete from Bingley used to say!

That’s what chickens are for really. If we aren’t eating them they doubt they will be taking penos in the WC or anything. By eating them we give them a purpose. Like my goldfish exists to make me feel smart. 

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

This is the 21st Century after all, pneumonia or polio would be something of a disappointment on the ol' death certificate.

Some sort of virus or at least a botched go at autoerotic afixiation. Celebrities are going for the wank hang quite a bit. 

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

By eating them we give them a purpose.

You're getting very old testamentey in your old age :lol:

Some sort of virus or at least a botched go at autoerotic afixiation. Celebrities are going for the wank hang quite a bit. 

The wank hang is the death of champions man! 

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

You're getting very old testamentey in your old age :lol:

The wank hang is the death of champions man! 

It’s like saying I control how I die hedonistically but in keeping with my personal lifestyle of choice. 

I was kidnapped by the Alt Right and made to understand the link between the economy of chickens and the Bible. 

5 minutes ago, wasted said:

It’s like saying I control how I die hedonistically but in keeping with my personal lifestyle of choice. 

They do say its a cracking spunk too though I’ve never been brave enough :lol:  I wonder what the fuckin’ scientific explanation is behind a lack of oxygen and blowing your load and how the former enhances the latter...over to you Soulmonster!

Just now, Len Cnut said:

They do say its a cracking spunk too though I’ve never been brave enough :lol:  I wonder what the fuckin’ scientific explanation is behind a lack of oxygen and blowing your load and how the former enhances the latter...over to you Soulmonster!

I think it’s the adrenaline rush of nearly dying with the release of fluids. Double rush. You have to be suicidally bored to be doing that. 

6 hours ago, wasted said:

Chicken tenders are just chicken breast cut into strips? 

The breast has a smaller part that is called the chicken breast tender which is separated in common butchery. Its the small, familiar, strip, somewhat disconnected on the bottom:

DXdrzs9h.jpg

When fried we usually call them chicken strips or chicken fingers, around here.

25 minutes ago, soon said:

The breast has a smaller part that is called the chicken breast tender which is separated in common butchery. Its the small, familiar, strip, somewhat disconnected on the bottom:

DXdrzs9h.jpg

When fried we usually call them chicken strips or chicken fingers, around here.

Ah, but chicken strips in uk might be strips of breast? Chicken fingers in burger king must be processed chicken. 

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

Ah, but chicken strips in uk might be strips of breast? Chicken fingers in burger king must be processed chicken. 

I dont know about UK strips. I have a hard time imagining that it would be more profitable to slice up the highly desirable breast for fast food, when there is already a tender of breast meat removed thats available. But it certainly could be the case? I think that the processed chicken, like in nuggets, is more often the case. But unlike nuggets they use some glue and sheen to make it appear as a natural piece of meat. That would be all the machine removed little pinches of meat, in the crevasses of the bones and such, that the humans dont even attempt to get at when breaking down a bird.

The Chicken tenders in US are way better then where I live in Canada. I think we might be faking here.

5 minutes ago, soon said:

I dont know about UK strips. I have a hard time imagining that it would be more profitable to slice up the highly desirable breast for fast food, when there is already a tender of breast meat removed thats available. But it certainly could be the case? I think that the processed chicken, like in nuggets, is more often the case. But unlike nuggets they use some glue and sheen to make it appear as a natural piece of meat. That would be all the machine removed little pinches of meat, in the crevasses of the bones and such, that the humans dont even attempt to get at when breaking down a bird.

The Chicken tenders in US are way better then where I live in Canada. I think we might be faking here.

Tyson chicken is all I can get. But maybe there’s packs of tenders. I’ll know what to look for now.

But mostly I just get a Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich from BK. 

28 minutes ago, wasted said:

Tyson chicken is all I can get. But maybe there’s packs of tenders. I’ll know what to look for now.

But mostly I just get a Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwich from BK. 

I haven't had BK's, but Spicy Crispy Chicken Sandwiches are my one true love. I like KFCs but the food trucks around here do them best.