Buying Izzy Stradlin CD's like a boss (Jauce)

willl

I recently discovered jauce.com and have gone a bit OTT filling out my Izzy collection, even buying duplicates in some cases just because I was already gonna be paying for international shipping so why not add one more CD? :D For those who haven't used the site, it's basically an English interface for buying from Japanese auctions, and when you buy shit it all gets sent to their warehouse for holding, so that you can then get it all shipped to your door in one parcel.

Their admin fees soon add up, but compared to buying "IMPORTS" on Ebay I think the price I've paid is pretty fair. Here's what I've picked up over the last month:

jcamn806llopu-img720x720-1518419345hdqpg

117° CD (Japan Ex-Rental) - Includes 2 live songs exclusive to Japan, plus it's cool because it's ex-rental. I like the thought that hundreds/thousands of Japanese Izzy fans have rented this CD from their store, and now I own it. Cost 149Y (£1.02)

i-img560x492-15282500598ulntr43415.jpg

Pills bootleg - 520Y (£3.50) - Setlist on this show is phenomenal. 9 unreleased covers, 3 bsides, 5 album songs.

online0020-img800x685-1505388277kcxy8r29

Sealed Pressure Drop single - 300Y (£2.00) - Cool because it's a variant I don't own. Only difference is the white strip with Japanese writing, but I dig it :D Them bsides too, they're so good.

i-img600x450-1527755942gpgnus4869.jpg

Ju Ju Hounds CD - 300Y (£2.00) - Cool because it takes a timeless record and inserts their reggae track "How Much" right in the middle of the tracklist. Imagine a variant of Appetite For Destruction which has Shadow Of Your Love right after Paradise City, it changes the album entirely - that's how I feel about this album. I actually bought two copies of this, and paid only 330Y for the second copy just because it looked to be in slightly better condition and it's still only £2.00.

theboss_1963-img1200x1054-1509514081egn2

Guns Without Roses - 780Y (£5.30) - Cool because the band plays "Gotta Wanna Go", an original song which Ju Ju Hounds producer says was "inexplicably left off the album". Artwork looks like a bad photoshop, but it is a bootleg afterall so I'd expect nothing less. Still an original silver pressing which are expensive on the auction sites over here.

beniko7-img407x357-1447226316rqat6111553

Ju Ju Hounds Live EP - 290Y (£2.00) - An official EP which I already own, but fuck it, it's only £2.00 and now I have the OBI Strip :D

I also picked up the Ju Ju Hounds Tour Book for 725Y (£5) as I gave my previous copy away, and I picked up another copy of the Ride On album for 600Y (£4) just because it was so cheap compared to UK prices :lol:

Before y'all go rushing off to jauce.com to buy up any rarities, I wasn't joking about the fees. In total when I add together all of the admin fees charged by jauce I've somehow spent £120! It's still a bargain compared to buying them off Ebay over here, but I think I spent £40 on 8 CD's + Tour Book, and then an additional £80 on their fees and international shipping :blink: That's part of the reason why I kept buying more, because I felt like the more I got shipped over the cheaper each CD was going to be.

For £120 in total I'm still very happy, definitely worth checking out if you're looking for GNR imports, bootlegs, Japanese tees/lithos etc, as you can save quite a bit if you buy in bulk to offset the shipping fees.

• Like 3

On 25.6.2018 at 6:24 AM, downliner said:

I recently discovered jauce.com and have gone a bit OTT filling out my Izzy collection, even buying duplicates in some cases just because I was already gonna be paying for international shipping so why not add one more CD? :D For those who haven't used the site, it's basically an English interface for buying from Japanese auctions, and when you buy shit it all gets sent to their warehouse for holding, so that you can then get it all shipped to your door in one parcel.

Their admin fees soon add up, but compared to buying "IMPORTS" on Ebay I think the price I've paid is pretty fair. Here's what I've picked up over the last month:

jcamn806llopu-img720x720-1518419345hdqpg

117° CD (Japan Ex-Rental) - Includes 2 live songs exclusive to Japan, plus it's cool because it's ex-rental. I like the thought that hundreds/thousands of Japanese Izzy fans have rented this CD from their store, and now I own it. Cost 149Y (£1.02)

i-img560x492-15282500598ulntr43415.jpg

Pills bootleg - 520Y (£3.50) - Setlist on this show is phenomenal. 9 unreleased covers, 3 bsides, 5 album songs.

online0020-img800x685-1505388277kcxy8r29

Sealed Pressure Drop single - 300Y (£2.00) - Cool because it's a variant I don't own. Only difference is the white strip with Japanese writing, but I dig it :D Them bsides too, they're so good.

i-img600x450-1527755942gpgnus4869.jpg

Ju Ju Hounds CD - 300Y (£2.00) - Cool because it takes a timeless record and inserts their reggae track "How Much" right in the middle of the tracklist. Imagine a variant of Appetite For Destruction which has Shadow Of Your Love right after Paradise City, it changes the album entirely - that's how I feel about this album. I actually bought two copies of this, and paid only 330Y for the second copy just because it looked to be in slightly better condition and it's still only £2.00.

theboss_1963-img1200x1054-1509514081egn2

Guns Without Roses - 780Y (£5.30) - Cool because the band plays "Gotta Wanna Go", an original song which Ju Ju Hounds producer says was "inexplicably left off the album". Artwork looks like a bad photoshop, but it is a bootleg afterall so I'd expect nothing less. Still an original silver pressing which are expensive on the auction sites over here.

beniko7-img407x357-1447226316rqat6111553

Ju Ju Hounds Live EP - 290Y (£2.00) - An official EP which I already own, but fuck it, it's only £2.00 and now I have the OBI Strip :D

I also picked up the Ju Ju Hounds Tour Book for 725Y (£5) as I gave my previous copy away, and I picked up another copy of the Ride On album for 600Y (£4) just because it was so cheap compared to UK prices :lol:

Before y'all go rushing off to jauce.com to buy up any rarities, I wasn't joking about the fees. In total when I add together all of the admin fees charged by jauce I've somehow spent £120! It's still a bargain compared to buying them off Ebay over here, but I think I spent £40 on 8 CD's + Tour Book, and then an additional £80 on their fees and international shipping :blink: That's part of the reason why I kept buying more, because I felt like the more I got shipped over the cheaper each CD was going to be.

For £120 in total I'm still very happy, definitely worth checking out if you're looking for GNR imports, bootlegs, Japanese tees/lithos etc, as you can save quite a bit if you buy in bulk to offset the shipping fees.

Great steals!

With respect to the Ju Ju Hounds tracklist I know exactly what you are talking about. 

Regarding the Guns without Roses bootleg I can tell you that I do own this CD since 93.  Hence, the cover definitely isn't a photoshop cover but a first gen computer designed one 😄

• Like 1