Why is Axl so opposed to releasing music?

Just now, Gackt said:

What point are you trying to prove here, dude :lol: I'll defend Bucket, Brain & Bumble all day, but it's sad when someone is being forced to also defend Ashba and Stinson

Haha. All I'm saying is you can't really be part of the real GNR creative process if you've never written a hit song and are merely a sessions guy. However, I will say that Ashba's bluesy sound beats the technicality and speed of Bumblefoot and Buckethead if you wanted to make a real GNR record.

39 minutes ago, It’s So Easy said:

I think Axl doesn’t have the drive anymore nor the correct influences or support  to motivate him. 

Didn't Axl one say something like he would write at emotional extremes. Either happy, sad or pissed. Maybe he can't find the inspiration to create since he is emotionally stable now.

Also, how many writer/performers wrote anything good once they are in their 40s, let alone older. 

Aerosmith brought in outside writers starting with permanent vacation in 1987.

Maybe Diane Warren can write a ballad for a movie soundtrack that GNR can perform and slash can look bored out of his mind like Joe Perry playing "I don't want to miss a thing."

Edited by Gnrcane
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

What point are you trying to prove here, dude :lol: I'll defend Bucket, Brain & Bumble all day, but it's sad when someone is being forced to also defend Ashba and Stinson

I will never understand your hatred against Tommy. 

23 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Didn't Axl one say something like he would write at emotional extremes. Either happy, sad or pissed. Maybe he can't find the inspiration to create since he is emotionally stable now.

Also, how many writer/performers wrote anything good once they are in their 40s, let alone older. 

Maybe Diane Warren can write a ballad for a movie soundtrack that GNR can perform and slash can look bored out of his mind like Joe Perry playing "I don't want to miss a thing."

David Gilmour

29 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Bowie released one of his finest albums on his literal deathbed.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fashionista said:

In this day and age it wouldn't require much effort, drop it on Itunes for a good sum and many fans will pay. Why is the man so averse to releasing ANYTHING? It's very saddening.

With Slash dropping a new lick on the SOYL track, I'm holding out hope that he is working on (at the very least) the remaining "big guns."  I am more optimistic of a "new" album more so than at any time since right before CD came out. 

10 hours ago, Gnr forever said:

Most likely just record label/business stuff. I remember reading that the label tried to manipulate a reunion out of the band so it’s pribably various little things like that. Nothing intriguing like we’d like to think.

That's a good point - if Axl released enough albums to get out of his contract, UMG wouldn't benefit from the reunion. It's working out quite well for them now, I'd imagine.

We've all heard about how Axl wanted CDII and/or the remix album released for the 2010 tour. Axl himself even confirmed they were done and ready to go. Other sources even suggest CDIII was a possibility.

Edited by Azifwekare
Post had doubled for some reason

15 hours ago, Fashionista said:

I would like to believe that, but I honestly do not think we will hear any more music from Axl in his lifetime. I would be more than glad to be proved wrong.

The question you make preassumes that it's all up to Axl. Is it?? As Bitchisback said it's up to Axl to write and compose new music. He has appearently done that. 

When it comes to releasing new stuff it's up to the label. 

But I believe it's a sensitive spot releasing new music for this band, as it was at this stage things went south before the breakup. 

But I think it's an good indicator that knot is easing up as the band plays both CD and VR songs. 

I think the reason we are here is because only released the primo stuff. Axl just refused to release below par stuff to please the industry or fans. Hence the bubble has never popped. There’s never been an insignificant GNR album. Like Zepp and the Doors. 

If Bob Ezrin undermined my work it would stick with me. No doubt it stuck with Axl. And, Im not the first to say, but now that we have proof that their were awesome tracks ready for release - Im pretty pissed at Ezrin. Ezrin loves to get songwriting credits on albums he produces. Seems he was trying to strong arm that outcome by saying there weren't many good tracks.

Axl was ready to go in early 00's. The label acted in some truly mysterious... even shady ways. I think it was a program of behaviour modification done with a hidden hand. And NITL Axl is the culmination of those industry-wide efforts. 

I also wonder if during the late 90's and early 00's maybe the industry was feeding Axl cash and protools toys to keep him busy and outta sight as they crossed their fingers that Slash would clean up?  And in their mind this would lead to his return. Slash was a non functional addict at this point - a you die or you get clean kinda situation. But as we know Slash lived and still took way longer then the average rockstar template to get it together.

Axl used to be their artist who gave them product. Now Axl is the product. And the industry isnt set up around new music. Therefore no new music.

Edited by soon

I don't think it is Axl's creativity so much as it is complicated politics, processes and poor timing. We know Axl has been writing many songs even though he has only officially released those on Chinese Democracy. 

Axl spent a lot of time and money attempting to put together a band before Chinese Democracy, and amid multiple lineup changes and management bullshit, managed to get it out the door. Following this, Ashba came in, rumoured failed attempts to release a remix album and Chinese Democracy 2 were made, and NuGNR eventually entered a hiatus in 2014 before falling apart. This, including the semi-reunion, would have halted any further planned releases, or at least severely impacted logistics surrounding it. We are now where we are today, getting leaks because the material was likely discontinued on the aforementioned.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

12 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

With Slash dropping a new lick on the SOYL track, I'm holding out hope that he is working on (at the very least) the remaining "big guns."  I am more optimistic of a "new" album more so than at any time since right before CD came out. 

Axl has shown Slash and Duff his material and is open to working like AFD with Slash. 

2026. Open borders WC.