ProShot Download Festival on TV This Weekend

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Actually let’s go YCBM and WTTJ. Axl needs to be called out on a public scale for his vocals. 

I don’t think that’s ever mattered much to him.. or at least changed anything... didn’t change after VMAs... didn’t change after golden God’s... well besides a few decent performances in Vegas. 

11 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

I don’t think that’s ever mattered much to him.. or at least changed anything... didn’t change after VMAs... didn’t change after golden God’s... well besides a few decent performances in Vegas. 

I think the VMA’s changed him more than anything. That 2002 tour might have finished, but it was brutal for Axl after that performance. Everything he thought he was doing right he was getting blasted for. When he returned in 06 he had a fresher look and brought back his old voice. 

Nobody watched the Golden Gods...we barely made it through the 3 hour show here waiting for Axl.

6 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think the VMA’s changed him more than anything. That 2002 tour might have finished, but it was brutal for Axl after that performance. Everything he thought he was doing right he was getting blasted for. When he returned in 06 he had a fresher look and brought back his old voice. 

Nobody watched the Golden Gods...we barely made it through the 3 hour show here waiting for Axl.

Funny, because 3 songs were uploaded to Revolver's channel but quickly removed. After that, Jungle and PC were re-broadcasted on palladia with Axl's voice tweaked to max sounding like on Apettite for democracy. Can't imagine what would have happened if it had been fully broadcasted on vh1 and other places as it was initially announced instead of that shit quality stream

Edited by fanfzero

1 hour ago, fanfzero said:

It will be 1 or 2 (highly doubt) of those songs

- ISE

- Brownstone

- Jungle

- November Rain

- KOHD

- Paradise City (highly doubt)

My bet is It's so easy

And yes, please record it

Paradise, I wouldn't doubt it so much, Download video guys would like to chose that as it has the big visual aspect of the fireworks at the end, etc...
Don't be surprised if that's the last song to be broadcast of all the shows. Wait and see ;) (unless Axl said no)

10 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Paradise, I wouldn't doubt it so much, Download video guys would like to chose that as it has the big visual aspect of the fireworks at the end, etc...
Don't be surprised if that's the last song to be broadcast of all the shows. Wait and see ;) (unless Axl said no)

Yeah, the fireworks and that can be cool, but Axl sounds bad on it, that's why I think that they'll start the broadcast with ISE or Jungle like they did with Iron Maiden in 2016 (they started the broadcast with Speed of Light, and Bruce sounded perfect on that one, a hit like The Number of the Beast is a bad choice, because band is more tired as the show goes on and Bruce sounds bad on that one).

Also, Paradise City was broadcasted last time Guns went to Download, that performance was way better than this and I doubt they'll repeat the same song.

Edited by fanfzero

37 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

Yeah, the fireworks and that can be cool, but Axl sounds bad on it, that's why I think that they'll start the broadcast with ISE or Jungle like they did with Iron Maiden in 2016 (they started the broadcast with Speed of Light, and Bruce sounded perfect on that one, a hit like The Number of the Beast is a bad choice, because band is more tired as the show goes on and Bruce sounds bad on that one).

Also, Paradise City was broadcasted last time Guns went to Download, that performance was way better than this and I doubt they'll repeat the same song.

12 years is a long time and that wasn't the same band. Paradise City will be broadcast, I'm fairly sure of it...Only thing that would stop it, is Axl saying NO
In any case, can see the fireworks being used so how, perhaps last bit of Paradise being show or something along with the other songs...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

The fact that his voice Isn't remotely close to what It once was hasn't changed the fact that people have and will continue to show up In large numbers to see him perform. If Rock In Rio back In 2011 didn't ruin his career, nothing will.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I use to think this was a bad vocal performance but I’d take this all day over what we are about to get 

There are very early remnants of weakness in his voice on this performance that are now a lot worse in 2018 but all things considered... I’ll still take 2018 GN’R over that. 

I can see why the punken drublic that showed for that performance would’ve walked away saying it was “bad”.

There’s nothing like the mystique of Slash on stage with Axl and the bullet logo on the drum.

59 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

We're bitching about Download 2006 sounding bad?

What a world. 

I feel weird because I've liked about 3-4 posts of yours in a row (in different threads)...but I totally agree.

I realize Axl is older now but holy shit, as bad as his 2006 look was at least it seemed like he still gave a shit, both about himself and his performance. Now you only get the latter when he's with AC/DC.