AFD 2 LP (Unboxing Video Added)

2 minutes ago, zombux said:

isn't it "limited edition"?

10,000 copies seems quite excessive for what it is. I really doubt they'll sell all those box-sets without reducing the price.

Also, Brownstone sounds a bit better on the remaster, Duff is louder and the guitars sound really good. Paradise City starts off sounding cleaner but sounds too loud by the end IMO.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 12:04 PM, RussTCB said:

Think About You-

Damn near perfect. I'm not even a fan of this song but this remaster let's everyone shine. It's almost like this is Izzys turn to shine on the remaster. 

What everyone is doing is better separated, but Izzy is the star of the track. Really like how clear but not overbearing the acoustic guitar is too.

This. This is the best song so far. Everything is clear, but not fighting for dominance. Really prefer this to the original version.

• Like 2

Side 3: Wow, Sweet Child sound a lot better. Duff and Izzy are much clearer, Steven is a bit louder, it's a refreshing sound on a song I grew tired of long ago. Definitely one of the better songs so far, probably the best after Think About You. You're Crazy sounds much more 'in your face', if there was a way I could hear the 5.1 surround sound, this or TAY would be the first song I'd listen to. The guitars and bass are louder, I'd swear this version of You're Crazy is just slightly faster than the original, too. Can't say I prefer it to the original master.
Anything Goes is nice, Slash especially sounds very clear, Duff sounds very good on this one too. Never really cared for the song but this version sounds good. Now Rocket Queen... Duff sounds so good in that intro. The verse kicks in and the guitars are nicely separated and Axl sounds really clear. Duff sounds great throughout, him and Izzy being louder during the slide solo are an improvement IMO. Really clean sounding guitars once the second half starts, before and during the "I see you standing..." verse. Sort of like on TAY, they sound really good. This is one of the better songs, IMO.

Also, I don't like the hologram, but the slipcase and gatefold artwork are really nice. The band pic on the back of the slipcase is actually very poor quality, but I like the detail on the bullet logo and on the front cover.

edit: as far as You're Crazy being faster, I did a quick check on itunes and both have a runtime of 3:17, but there's about 2 seconds of extra silence at the end of the remaster, meaning it's about 2 seconds faster than the original version.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

The 2 vinyl version is absolutely beautiful in the packaging and the sound is amazing too I just don't know why they couldn't have included this or 1 of the other vinyl with the super deluxe set, also does anyone know who's idea it was to price the locked n loaded set at a thousand?...8

Edited by Guitarist1234

On 01/07/2018 at 4:34 PM, Mrbluesky said:

Was impressed with mine too. I used the download code and it allowed me to download all 4 CDs. I think they have now since changed this to just the album.

Same here I have used it yesterday and got the 4 CDs in aaif losless format.

Edited by aure69
Typo

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

I know I'm late to the party here, but having bought the 2 Disc vinyl in 2018 I've literally only just got around to opening it (long story, but have been upgrading my vinyl set up). The download card says it expires 31 dec 2020, but I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to download the files. Has anyone else had any problems with this?!

Edited by ToonGuns