Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection of available info (?)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ok guys, to clear up the widespread confusion at least a little bit, the time has come for me to share my - still provisional - table. using all available sources I could find, I tried to collect as m

***THE TABLE HAS BEEN UPDATED*** I added some historical tidbits for better guessing when certain events happened, and I've started to adding known rehearsals as those help in guessing the time a

Converting it to MP3 would be like converting it from Gold to Thrash.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rodri99 said:

Whick leak are you talking about? Never heard about that Kevin B tape.

That one was just a 30 second snippet. He still has the full rehearsal tape in his property. 

Edited by Sosso
Posted (edited)

I didn't know where to post it, but I found another detail about the early gigs. 

"In another change, 'Mama Kin' replaced Tracii's much preferred 'Sweet Emotion'. The rest of the set was the usual stuff already in the setlist." - Raz Cue, The Days of Guns, & Raz's, p. 212

Edited by Sosso
On 4/15/2020 at 2:27 AM, Blackstar said:

Based on Alan Niven's quotes, according to which Bob Clearmountain was mixing the songs while Axl was living in the studio (which we know it was in late 1990 and at least until Christmas), the dates of the Q Sound mixes kind of fit. But on the other hand, like I said, Clearmountain's mixes are not known to have circulated and Alan Niven (where those tapes came from) claimed that he destroyed them.

Is the "Axls advanced copy" bootleg of demos the same as the DAT source?

On 6/8/2020 at 7:47 PM, UsedYourIllusion said:

Is the "Axls advanced copy" bootleg of demos the same as the DAT source?

no I don't think so. Bob's mixes are very early ones and Axl's Advance Copy is supposed to be very late ones. someone correct me in this pls, if I'm wrong.

• 1 month later...

I posted this on discord but wanted to share it here too:

I’m starting to wonder if maybe the reason the Pasha demos were left off of the AFD box is cause that’s where LLAS comes from. So maybe the band/label thought it would’ve been weird to only include the non-LLAS songs that were done at Pasha.

I have a feeling that eventually that full session will get an official release (probably only after the band is 100% done, tho).

EDIT: that is unless the original Pasha Master tapes were destroyed in the 2008 geffen vault fire (didn’t think of that until just now).

Edited by rocknroll41