Guns N' Roses & related STUDIO SESSIONS - a definitive collection of available info (?)

• 1 month later...

Just one thing, not sure if anyone has already mentioned this.

"New Work Tune", from Appetite For Destruction SDE, sounds vaguely like Cornshucker (later recorded during sessions for Lies).

An educated guess: maybe "New Work Tune" is actually "Cornshucker Stomp"?

Edited by Twinaleblood

4 hours ago, Twinaleblood said:

Just one thing, not sure if anyone has already mentioned this.

"New Work Tune", from Appetite For Destruction SDE, sounds vaguely like Cornshucker (later recorded during sessions for Lies).

An educated guess: maybe "New Work Tune" is actually "Cornshucker Stomp"?

i guess not

i don't see any similarities except that both were recorded in acoustics in a similar way

new work tune is likely something slash came up with, given it is a bit zeppelinesque and stuff

cornshucker sounds like a "simpler" song and by all accounts duff came up with that one

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

Good stuff. Although seeing it on paper and not being able to hear them will be torture! 😂

to be brutally honest here, I'm way more intrigued by metadata rather than the data themselves. so I'm much more like "archivist", "completist" and "catalogue maintainer", and actually hearing the stuff is not that important for me. so yeah, it would be great to have a listen, but at least at this point, I like to collect bits and pieces of information and fix some former wrong errors :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zombux said:

to be brutally honest here, I'm way more intrigued by metadata rather than the data themselves. so I'm much more like "archivist", "completist" and "catalogue maintainer", and actually hearing the stuff is not that important for me. so yeah, it would be great to have a listen, but at least at this point, I like to collect bits and pieces of information and fix some former wrong errors :) 

Fair doos. It’s been a handy list regardless and has helped me compile what has been available out there. 👍

OK, table updated. I attempted to include the newly discovered DAT tapes and Rough Mix CDs information from UYI and 2000 era.

I'm still not sure what to do with the AFD sessions mixes, I will probably have to rework the section in the same way as I did the UYI section and splice all the available dates and mixes into the chronology.

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

Thanks man, that's very informative.

Are you sure Going Down is from 2006? I still don't know if the shared solo / duet is Bumble & Robin or Bumble & Ashba.

not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly, it came in the same batch as the other songs and we generally presume it was similar story. of course, nobody knows how old the original track recordings were.

uhh... to be updated again soon. it seems that these sessions were exactly those, when Josh left and Brain joined, and they were starting to re-record and compare stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if the CDs turn out to actually have Buckethead on them. so not only newly mixed stuff recorded before, but also actual new recordings from the 2000 lineup. fingers crossed :) 

Yes, it seems there are at least some songs with Buckethead:

PRL

Eye On You

Moustache

Quicksong

Quicksong w Buckethead

Zodiac 13

Tonto

Real Doll Dot Com

Atlas Shrugged

Silkworms (not the 2018 leak)

Billionaire

State of Grace

Devious Bastard

Hardschool

Dummy

Me & My Elvis

(This is supposed to be the list of the unheard songs with Axl's vocals on - unfortunately no dates).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

The Antiquiet leaks were legit - the lad who leaked them had the FBI after him etc!!! They leaked the year before the actual release....if memory serves correctly! I remember CD had a different drum pattern.

Months before. I think Antiquiet was June and the album dropped in November

5 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

Hi Team, love this tread, thank you for taking the time to do it.  Few questions:

- Other than the Antiqueit/msl leaks, what is the earliest leak of song, CD?

- And generally, what recordings/leaks does Bucket play on?

Thanks in advance.

There's a few versions of the 99 mixes, with Josh on drums, like Catcher and Irs