Rumored "Golden Ticket" In One Of The Locked N' Loaded Sets

On 12-7-2018 at 11:11 AM, Lio said:

This was supposed to happen but a UMG guy at an AFD release party in the Netherlands told a fan that ultimately they didn't do it, because of logistics.

Correct, that’s what the UMG rep told me at the AFD release party in Amsterdam. And he really seemed to know about the talks about the golden opportunity. He also told me he went to the record label presentation of the box set in LA, weeks before it was announced. But... a week later, I happened to talk a bit to Fernando and he claimed that in fact the golden opportunity was indeed still in one of the box sets. And he said only about 5 people knew about the hidden tape before it was found. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, McCoyGNR said:

No idea but I bought 4 so far and have not found a golden ticket

I'm just kind of annoyed that I ordered the Locked N' Loaded set about six hours after it became available on May 4th, and thought I'd get a low number on the Certificate Of Authenticity. Instead, I got # 3,644 of 10,000. No fuckin' way there were 3,643 orders place before mine, I'll bet there weren't even 500.

By comparison, I got #165 of 1,987 on the Appetite 3D vinyl sold at knucklebonz.com. It's wicked cool, to boot. 

GnR-Appetite-D1-1080.jpg

Edited by Old_school_gnr_fan
add photo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I'm just kind of annoyed that I ordered the Locked N' Loaded set about six hours after it became available on May 4th, and thought I'd get a low number on the Certificate Of Authenticity. Instead, I got # 3,644 of 10,000. No fuckin' way there were 3,643 orders place before mine, I'll bet there weren't even 500.

By comparison, I got #165 of 1,987 on the Appetite 3D vinyl sold at knucklebonz.com. It's wicked cool, to boot. 

GnR-Appetite-D1-1080.jpg

i got the locked n loaded box, my number is 9551 out of 10,000. i also ordered my box when it was first available to pre order. 

On 2018-08-19 at 3:58 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

GnR-Appetite-D1-1080.jpg

I’d buy this 1000000 times quicker than that fucking locked n loaded shite. 

2 hours ago, troccoli said:

At least 8000, but probably closer to 8500.  According to my contacts at the label.

Ok, so they are selling. Maybe not as fast as everyone involved was expecting, but if the set was truly limited to 10,000 units, then it should be sold out before the end of the year.

Personally, with all the hoopla surrounding it, I thought all 10,000 would have been pre-ordered by mid June, which is why I was quick to stake my claim to one as soon as it was made available on the site.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.8.2018 at 12:58 AM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

GnR-Appetite-D1-1080.jpg

Does this include the remastered audio?

Edited by Twinfoot
spelling

The golden tickets should have been in the Super Deluxe Edition , and the reward would be the Locked N Loaded set.

I consider the LnL box sets price point aimed at people born with silver spoons, why they need a golden ticket?

6 hours ago, RedHook said:

The golden tickets should have been in the Super Deluxe Edition , and the reward would be the Locked N Loaded set.

I consider the LnL box sets price point aimed at people born with silver spoons, why they need a golden ticket?

I'm by no means wealthy, but I am shrewd with how I spend my money. I looked at having one of the Locked N' Loaded sets as something I earned the right to purchase. I'll do it again if/when a Use Your Illusion set is produced.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2018 at 4:48 PM, troccoli said:

At least 8000, but probably closer to 8500.  According to my contacts at the label.

is that for real? I honestly thought they might have sold 1,000 of them at the most, who the hell is buying them at $1,000 a pop, this is the home of GNR die hards and it seems the majority of the people are staying away, I can't imagine them selling more than 1-2,000 of these things

• Like 1

10 hours ago, k12 said:

is that for real? I honestly thought they might have sold 1,000 of them at the most, who the hell is buying them at $1,000 a pop, this is the home of GNR die hards and it seems the majority of the people are staying away, I can't imagine them selling more than 1-2,000 of these things

For real indeed, I was shocked myself!

On 17/07/2018 at 4:39 PM, username said:

I can imagine Fernandouche saying vague shit to boost the sales of a vastly overpriced box set that helps him pay his bills and host 3 hour meetings. 

But if it is real, it'll be like almost everything else GnR has done in the past 20 years - disappointing. 

27 and counting!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Any one else still loving their L&L vinyls? This set actually got me playing old stuff again. I have all of my parents LPs from the late 60s / early 70s, and am having a blast listening to them! Everything from The Beatles & Beach Boys to Robert Flack, Kiss, etc. And then there's my wife early 80s collection: Metallica, Iron Maiden :headbang:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...