Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

22 minutes ago, MidnightToker said:

Poor baby is so upset that he can't even correctly spell the name of the singer he hates so much. Go cry into a pillow while listening to CD 

Oops. You mistake ludurigan for a CD lover. Don't you hate it if not everyone fits into the 'Myles-hater must be a CD/Axl-lover' theory some people have going on here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

KILLER ALBUM so far - I love the musicans  in this band , EVERYONE IS EXPECTING A GNR SOUND - this  is  SMKC , MY Andidote is killer , Myles melodys  are what this band does, I dont like them but I can understand where they are coming from , But MYLES CAN SING HIS ASS OFF - and for whoever said BRENT COULDN'T DRUM his own PARTS !! ARE U TONE FUCKING DEAF ? Dumbest statement made so far about this band , NEW GNR COMING SOON 2019 !!

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

I have said for a few months the songs the band brings out first arent the best ones - Driving Rain  decent but listenable - Mind Your matters a lot better , My Andidote the best so far -ripping guitar riffs and a melting solo , best from SLASH IN A WHILE , Guess what the best is yet to come , I have been saying this all alone , if this is the worst  of the album wait till u hear the rest , it only gets better, and for the 1, 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 time , yes I got very Lucky to hear the whole album a while back , call it luck , working in the radio business, right place , right time , who knows but I still LOVE THIS RECORD , oNLY SONG I havent heard is BOBH --SLASH shreds all over this mofo 

Your posts are absolutely hilarious, in a bad way. I already had very little interest in the album but posts like these make me have even less :lol:

• Like 4

I agree with most people here... this album doesn't seem very exciting. The first 2 songs were pretty weak, though My Antidote is good and Call Of The Wild sounds promising (I've only heard live versions of COTW though, is the studio version out yet? I haven't been following this album/thread very closely).

I'll download the album whenever it leaks or gets posted, hopefully there's a couple stand-out tracks.

2 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

KILLER ALBUM so far - I love the musicans  in this band , EVERYONE IS EXPECTING A GNR SOUND - this  is  SMKC , MY Andidote is killer , Myles melodys  are what this band does, I dont like them but I can understand where they are coming from , But MYLES CAN SING HIS ASS OFF - and for whoever said BRENT COULDN'T DRUM his own PARTS !! ARE U TONE FUCKING DEAF ? Dumbest statement made so far about this band , NEW GNR COMING SOON 2019 !!

I don't think anyone expects GNR sound from SMKC. Especially not 3 records in where nothing from them has sounded like a GNR song so far, nor did anything on the solo album, nor Snakepit, and maybe 2-3 songs from VR sort of did. 

These last two Slash albums really made me appreciate Chinese a lot more. 

Axl + Slash + Duff should be able to come up with a strong album - if they really write together, that is.

This thing with Myles and the Conspirators should end now, they clearly got nothing left in the tank as a unit. It's fucking boring, man. :D

• Like 2

Different bands have different purposes. I think Guns always wanted to be as big as possible and get their message / stories / point of view across to a large audience. 

VR also wanted to be big and sorta prove a point. They didn't need their original bands to be big.

I don't think that's the case for SMKC. Those guys just want to play some straight up rock in dirty sweaty venues when their schedule allows them. 

Slash probably takes it even less serious now that Guns are back and that's his priority. 

I think people want something from this band that the actual band are just not trying to achieve.

Edited by jacdaniel
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

So basically everything is boring. In what way can rock music still advance? Everythings been done, lol.

This is it. 

I struggle to see what even Guns could do that wouldn't sound generic today... Unless they go all experimental which I don't want anyways.

4 hours ago, Gibbo said:

Bring back Dover I say

second that!

judging by this clip, its a shame that snakepit never ever played one single GNR song while eric was onboard

or did they?

i dont think i had ever seen eric singing GNR before

do you know more recordings of him singing GNR?

he sounds very nice on it, i would even say that he sounds better than current axl

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidnightToker said:

Poor baby is so upset that he can't even correctly spell the name of the singer he hates so much. Go cry into a pillow while listening to CD 

wow those are such strong arguments

i have to tell you man...

you completely changed my view on the subject!

thanks so much for that!!!

please please please never stop sharing your wisdom

I love it when someone that clearly knows better -- and that is so articulate -- is able to make me see things in a completely different way!

:rofl-lol:

oh, and about your advice, i didnt understand the part where you mention "listening to CD". can you please explain to me (if it is ok for me to ask a bit more of you!!!) why on earth would i waste my fucking time listening to axl solo album?

Edited by ludurigan

1 hour ago, Stro said:

I don't think anyone expects GNR sound from SMKC. Especially not 3 records in where nothing from them has sounded like a GNR song so far, nor did anything on the solo album, nor Snakepit, and maybe 2-3 songs from VR sort of did. 

I thought Snakepit 1 guitar sound was very much GNRish

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

So basically everything is boring. In what way can rock music still advance? Everythings been done, lol.

everything had kinda "been done" as well when GNR arrived in 1986, hadnt it?

gnr music was basically a fantastic blend of stuff that was already present in the stones, zeppelin, aerosmith, ramones, nazareth, acdc etc, right?

1 hour ago, jacdaniel said:

Different bands have different purposes. I think Guns always wanted to be as big as possible and get their message / stories / point of view across to a large audience. 

VR also wanted to be big and sorta prove a point. They didn't need their original bands to be big.

I don't think that's the case for SMKC. Those guys just want to play some straight up rock in dirty sweaty venues when their schedule allows them. 

Slash probably takes it even less serious now that Guns are back and that's his priority. 

I think people want something from this band that the actual band are just not trying to achieve.

the fact that you want to play in small places (which i dont think is the case, but lets assume that it is) doesnt mean that you will come up with shitty songs

shitty songs wont help you anywhere, big or small

59 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

This is it. 

I struggle to see what even Guns could do that wouldn't sound generic today... Unless they go all experimental which I don't want anyways.

what they could do?

write good songs for fucks sake!

slash hasnt written a good one since his first solo album!

53 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

what they could do?

write good songs for fucks sake!

slash hasnt written a good one since his first solo album!

None of them have consistently managed that since the 90s though. 

Axl spends too long thinkering, over analyzing, copying and pasting layers, feeling a need to have to evolve. Also won't do any PR. 

Izzy can write the bare bones of a good rock song but doesn't have a band that can turn it into a classic, finished song. Also won't tour or do PR. 

Slash can play great guitar and do all the PR but isn't able to translate that into great songs. 

Probably why they made a good team and had less success individually

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Stro said:

Like guitar tone? Because musically (structure/riffs/lyrics/melodies) I don't think anything from either Snakepit album sound like they could have been GNR tracks.

Songwriting wise it hadn't the class of GNR but everytime Slash started playing a solo I thought I'm hearing Guns. So just his guitar style but that isn't a big surprise tbh :P

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Man that Antidote solo is sick.

Really diggin' it

Hurray, something positive! The amount of negative comments on here is really sickening. Go look at the YouTube comments of these new songs. The majority of people love it. Because it's new rock music. No one is ever going to sound like old GNR. Not even GNR themselves. Please attend a SMKC gig and tell me it's not a good ol rnfr. I enjoyed it way more than present GNR and I much prefer GNR to SMKC. 

• Like 1

Slash still has it... My Antidote is another one that KICKS ASS musically... Same with Mind Your Manners. Not ground breaking but it sounds like an old school 70's AC/DC jam guitar wise anyway.. Rock N' Rill doesn't need to be groundbreaking and the songs have great potential.. But again Myles just makes the songs all sound the same. Then the choruses with him and Todd harmonizing every time has been beaten to death.. I am not a CD lover.. I hate that album... I am a GIANT Slash fan and have bought and enjoyed everything he has released up until now. I am not wasting my money on this.. I will take my free digital copy from ticket master and am most likely selling my tickets as well.  Aside from a few SMKC songs, the VR and GnR songs were always the highlights for me anyway. I am just done with Myles.... 

This isn't just the opinion of the forum either.  My two cousins, my buddy and a friend from work are big Slash fans. All 4 of them have came to the same conclusion about Myles and everything sounding the same. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, El Guapo said:

No, good songs will never be boring.

But this formulatic, uninspired stuff is. I don't believe one word Myles is singing, it's all a piece of work, not a piece of art.

This can't be said about Axl's album.

this album didn't take 15 odd years.,.

• Like 1