Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

26 minutes ago, Naupis said:

Any gems on there to anyone who has heard the whole thing?

Serve You Right, Read Between The Lines and The Great Pretender were my fav 3 after the first listen.

The Great Pretender is probably the most GnR sounding song on there. It has really amazing riff. It doesn't really have a chorus, it's just a bit louder verse that builds up to a riff the first time and to a solo the second time and third time. Probably my favorite so far

Also Boulevard of Broken Hearts is kinda like Eye of the Tiger :lol: 

Edited by Nicklord

Just now, Nicklord said:

The Great Pretender is probably the most GnR sounding song on there. It has really amazing riff. It doesn't really have a chorus, it's just a bit louder verse that builds up to a riff the first time and to a solo the second time. Probably my favorite so far

Good to hear on the great pretender, because the reviews were hyping that as a standout song.

1 minute ago, Nicklord said:

Serve You Right, Read Between The Lines and The Great Pretender were my fav 3 after the first listen.

The Great Pretender is probably the most GnR sounding song on there. It has really amazing riff. It doesn't really have a chorus, it's just a bit louder verse that builds up to a riff the first time and to a solo the second time. Probably my favorite so far

Is it a typical Slash-Myles or are his vocals somehow different?

13 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Im a little disappointed in Lost Inside the Girl. They hyped that one up. There are sections and ideas I really like (Solos and verses) and others I don't (chorus)

Yeah, that one started great but chorus is really boring. Generic chords and melody used already 9 times in the last 3 albums 

• Like 1

One thing that is clearly better than on all other SMKC albums is Slash's soloing. Pretty much every song has a memorable solo, not just a random doodle 

After 2 listens I'd rank it below WoF but ahead of AL. If they spent just a little more time on figuring out choruses (all of them) it would be an amazing album. Like 6 songs seemed to me to have the same chorus.

Edited by Nicklord

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

The One You Love is Gone

This album actually is a lot more like the 2010 self titled album than AL and WoF

Its not bad, or anything, its just more of a pop rock album than a hard rock album

I love the self titeld one but those songs I heard so far are totally WOF-Style tunes

1 minute ago, Free Bird said:

I love the self titeld one but those songs I heard so far are totally WOF-Style tunes

The singles are more like WoF. The rest of the shorter tracks are a bit more "punchy" or "popy" and less sleazy hard rock like WoF. I guess most Slash solo material can be considered pop rock, but I get 2010 vibes on songs like Sugar Cane, The One You Loved is Gone, Read Between the Lines, Slow Grind, and Boulevard of Broken Hearts. The riffs and leads are less GNResque. Put a different singer on each one, and it'd remind me of the 2010 record. 

• Like 1