Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

5 minutes ago, jacdaniel said:

Some of the solos on this album are why I could never get into Guns without Slash. So much feels in his guitar playing, especially when he slows down. 

Really think Axl and Slash have the ability to make something beautiful if they put their minds to it.

I really hope they think about like you do, because they could record a great album together, with Duff and the others, of course.

10 minutes ago, jack225 said:

Anyone know if there will be some kind of behind the scenes making of the album video. Or magazine like they did before?

No magazine for sure

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

The beginning of Serve You Right sounds like someone trying - poorly - to play Stranglehold :lol:

"Serve You Right"

Slash: "It's not exactly a conscious homage, but the opening is definitely a take on that AC/DC, Ted Nugent kind of style, with that simple open-A approach on the guitar. It's something I normally avoid because it's been done to death, but I just haven't heard any cool songs like that in the last ten to 20 years so, I felt comfortable doing it this time. This one is actually a unique type of song for this band, because it's really, really straightforward — the guitar riff, at least, is nothing super profound. It's more of a rhythm than anything. When I first brought it to the guys I didn't think anybody was going to take much interest in it because there just wasn't that much going on. But it was one of those things I stuck with until we found the right groove for it, and then it started to take on a life of its own. And I'm really looking forward to playing this one onstage. It's going to be a really great live song."

Just listened all the way through.

First opinion is that it's a pretty ordinary album.

Hoping that it grows on me.

Struggling to listen to Myles sing on every song. Man I get sick of his voice quick - usually the first verse of every song!

Slash seems to have taken up writing pop music these days. I would not call this hard rock. It's about as hard rock as Creed.

With Myles singing it starts to  stray in to Nickleback territory.

Slash needs to get working with Axl!

I love the beginning and the outro of Serve You Right. What an awesome peace of music this outro is.

Lost Inside The Girl is another good one. I don't even mind Myles' chorus because it fits the song. Great lead guitar melodies. The second solo is phenomenal.

Read Between The Lines has a very nice riff and the verses sound very groovy. I like the chorus. Good Myles overall on this one. And this solo...:wow: :drool:

Slow Grind might be a grower or it might not. Nothing special at this moment but not as annoying as the singles.

The One You Loved Is Gone... well yeah, it's poppy and too much Myles. But it fits the song and musically it's good songwriting. The guys know how to write songs and I'm happy for every song outside of this bland-Driving Rain-formula-type-of-songs. And again, this solos are just... wow. First one starts very bluesy in a typical Slash style and the second is this mesmerizing playing when Slash makes the guitar cry like noone else can. Would have been even better without this la la la parts...

The Great Pretender... there's nothing much to say. Ace. Who said Slash can't write songs? :rofl-lol:

Another song with such great solos! So much feel, so much passion, so much pain! 

Not a fan of Call Of The Wild (despite of the awesome bridge), Driving Rain, Mind Your Manners and Sugar Cane

My Antidote has a great guitar solo but suffers a lot from Myles, as does the chorus of Serve You Right but the rest of ths song is first class.

• Like 1

Myles brings a poppy AOR feel (and I'm not necessarily saying this in a negative way) which fuses with Slash's atypical hard rock fretwork. That is the ''sound'' of the band. It isn't Guns N' Roses - If you listen to it for GN'R you'll be disappointed. It is a fun aesthetically pleasing record. I rather like it. I suspect I'll tire of it quickly and stick Exile on, but right now I am enjoying its (rock) radio friendly charms. 

• Like 4