Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

15 hours ago, smoking guns said:

Love this song!!! Slash’s solo is so beautiful!

Made it about 3/4 through.. The guitars were cool but.... I will give it another shot later.. I will probably go pick up the CD today. I have been underwhelmed (Due to Myles) but I don't I have ever not bought a Slash CD the day it came out. 

Edited by Tom-Ass

7 hours ago, Free Bird said:

What's your opinion on Serve You Right, Great Pretender and Lost Inside The Girl?

I think I heard Serve You Right but not sure.  Nothing has blown me away yet. Definitely haven't heard the other two. I just bought the CD on Amazon that came with a free rip. I will start listening over the weekend.  I don't like to judge any songs on the first couple listens. 

22 minutes ago, Naupis said:

I swear I keep hearing parts of Don't Cry in the Great Pretender.

Just as he's about to get into the solo it's sounds like the same lead in.

Does anyone else hear it  or is just me?

Same chord progression, tempo and some slight arrangements...to me sounds more familiar to messages of VR

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think I heard Serve You Right but not sure.  Nothing has blown me away yet. Definitely haven't heard the other two. I just bought the CD on Amazon that came with a free rip. I will start listening over the weekend.  I don't like to judge any songs on the first couple listens. 

Alright. But mark my words. Serve You Right from 3:40 on till end is definitely worth a listen

People keep saying The Great Pretender sounds similar to Gary Moore's Parisienne Walkways? Unless I'm tripping absolute bollocks, it sounds absolutely nothing like that and very, very similar to Gary's Still Got The Blues. Absolutely fucking love the album, btw, couple of almost cringey moments in the vain of stereotypical cock rock in Read Between The Lines and another track or two but aside from those, there isn't a bad track on it, with the opening couple of tunes, Lost Inside The Girl, The One You Loved Is Gone, The Great Pretender and Boulevard Of Broken Hearts being the standout and personal favourite tunes for me. Absolutely sickened Slash isn't playing Ireland on his EU tour, but at least it appears we're getting Metallica for Slane next year!

• Like 1

Okay gave the album a listen and as I expected, I'm not impressed at all. I mean sure there's some awesome guitar work on there but as soon as Myles opens his mouth it all just turns into generic pop rock. I'm more into real hard rocking  songs with a few good ballads mixed in there for good meassure 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, grouse said:

Okay gave the album a listen and as I expected, I'm not impressed at all. I mean sure there's some awesome guitar work on there but as soon as Myles opens his mouth it all just turns into generic pop rock. I'm more into real hard rocking  songs with a few good ballads mixed in there for good meassure 

Dammit, that's about what I was expecting.

34 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

I'm not trying to pick on anyone but i don't know why anyone is still expecting to be blown away about SMKC.

They have never been a special band. They make solid radio rock thats more on the heavy side.

Cool. Please tell us when we are allowed to be blown away the next time!

21 minutes ago, SevenMichaels said:

People keep saying The Great Pretender sounds similar to Gary Moore's Parisienne Walkways? Unless I'm tripping absolute bollocks, it sounds absolutely nothing like that and very, very similar to Gary's Still Got The Blues. Absolutely fucking love the album, btw, couple of almost cringey moments in the vain of stereotypical cock rock in Read Between The Lines and another track or two but aside from those, there isn't a bad track on it, with the opening couple of tunes, Lost Inside The Girl, The One You Loved Is Gone, The Great Pretender and Boulevard Of Broken Hearts being the standout and personal favourite tunes for me. Absolutely sickened Slash isn't playing Ireland on his EU tour, but at least it appears we're getting Metallica for Slane next year!

I think Read Between The Lines has an amazing solo

• Like 2

It's strange that Slash likes Myles' singing so much, actually. 

When you look at his former singers, you would asume he prefers guys that have some swagger,  have charisma and can do some rock n' roll screaming.

This album would be cool with the guy from Monster Truck singing, for example.  But no, it's Myles. Again.

• Like 1

I’ve only given the record 3 or 4 spins but I must say that I really dig it! I knew that I would enjoy the record but it’s actually really, really good :)

Read Between The Lines, Boulevard of Broken Hearts, The Great Pretender and Slow Grind are all musical homeruns as far as l’m concerned!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

It's strange that Slash likes Myles' singing so much, actually. 

When you look at his former singers, you would asume he prefers guys that have some swagger,  have charisma and can do some rock n' roll screaming.

This album would be cool with the guy from Monster Truck singing, for example.  But no, it's Myles. Again.

I don't think Slash loves Myles' singing more than Axl or Scott.  I think he loves a guy who he can count on without having to pull teeth to get the job done.  Whether you like his voice or not, its unique and he can likely sing better than everyone you or I know.  Combine that with dependability and I think that's why Slash likes him so much.  

• Like 4