Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

3 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I was told by one of the band's members that SMKC started to work on new material already (!). 

I am a bit conflicted by this info.  On the one hand, more music from these guys can only be but a good thing (sure, I didn't like Living the Dream, but these guys are bound to release something new that may interest me).  On the other hand, I need the last quarter of 2019 and the majority of 2020 to be focused on Alter Bridge.  That band is too good to be kept on the sidelines for too long.

At least, I'm going to Alter Bridge's listening party for their 6th album in September.  I'm not willing to spend $250.00 on a lot of things music-related, but I would for this band if something peaks my interest and this album listening party in Orlando does.

Edited by Anguyen92

17 hours ago, Ralphelmo said:

I was told by one of the band's members that SMKC started to work on new material already (!). 

Yay! SMKC IV and maybe new GnR in the future for us. All the Myles and SMKC haters can suck it.

13 hours ago, Anguyen92 said:

On the other hand, I need the last quarter of 2019 and the majority of 2020 to be focused on Alter Bridge.  That band is too good to be kept on the sidelines for too long.

It probably wouldn't be released until after the AB album/tour cycle. Starting to work on new material = jamming on ideas and playing around with stuff. They're not in the studio with Elvis yet.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Not bad as a single choice imo. Not the best maybe but not bad.

Personaly I would like to see a music video for The Great Pretender or at least for TOYLIG but Slash used worst songs as singles.

The video is nice. I like simple live videos so nothing wrong with that.

Edited by Free Bird

• 4 weeks later...

SMKC will put out another Album after the Alterbridge- Gnr Cycle 

Slash and Myles never stop working and I love it 

New Gnr and then New Smkc 

Great Times For a Slash fan 4 sure

Edited by TMAC20
  • Like 2

Huge Slash fan, kinda ashamed I haven't listened to this album yet. Life's been busy. Started with Driving Rain, but couldn't finish it. Playing Lost Inside the Girl and this is definitely much more my thing. 

The one you loved is gone is great too, Slash's ballads are always on point. One thing I love about Slash's albums is the production quality. They sound absolutely incredible. 

Edited by pugachev

14 minutes ago, pugachev said:

Huge Slash fan, kinda ashamed I haven't listened to this album yet. Life's been busy. Started with Driving Rain, but couldn't finish it. Playing Lost Inside the Girl and this is definitely much more my thing. 

Yeah, surprisingly these fast rockers ain't my thing either on this record. Still think Serve You Right could be one of Slash's best songs ever but this aweful chorus makes me cringe.

That said, there are very cool songs on Living The Dream with great guitar work from Slash.

Edited by Free Bird

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...