Slash & Myles on 'Living The Dream' + new single, writing process, tour plans, tracklist & more.

Gibson87

15 hours ago, Crazyman said:

So the next time we hear an Axl + Slash (and Duff) studio album is gonna be when they're in their 60's? 30 years after UYI's...for shit like this?

So much wasted time over the years and now we're basically guaranteed there will be more. GnR is probably the biggest "what could have been" let down ever.

For me the time of Guns N' Roses is over. I don't believe there will be a new GN'R Album. My hopes are dead. The only thing that i want is a fuckin Blu Ray of the Not In This Lifetime Tour to complete they band history.. Even this is not sure, maybe not gonna happend. I think we get old songs / never released material in the future. Locked N' Loaded is just the beginning for GN'R money grinding.

Slash with Myles and AX/DC  is just a bonus.

The new single is unmistakable a SMKC song. A bit uninspired and lame but with a great riff. 

Considering the three first singles they have chosen for AL were probably the three worst songs on the record to me (You're A Lie, Standing In The Sun and Bad Rain) and World On Fire is more of a middle tier song from WOF, I think there will be songs that suit me more than this one on the next record.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

The new single is unmistakable a SMKC song. A bit uninspired and lame but with a great riff. 

Considering the three first singles they have chosen for AL were probably the three worst songs on the record to me (You're A Lie, Standing In The Sun and Bad Rain) and World On Fire is more of a middle tier song from WOF, I think there will be songs that suit me more than this one on the next record.

I think that Bad Rain is actually one of the better songs on Apocalyptic Love, and arguably stronger than at least half of WOF.

• Like 1

Okay as a huge SMKC fan finally gave in and listened to it after I decided I wanted to hear the whole album at once when it comes out, but all your comments made me worried it will be shit, lol.

I like it a LOT! The chorus is what I consider to be "good timey", just like Crazy Life or songs like that and I love CL. Maybe good timesy-sounding rock is not for everyone but certainly for me. They obviously picked the most accessible song for radio so there you go. People who didn't like AL or WOF shouldn't really expect anything different and expect to be amazed suddenly. Slash is not gonna do a 180.

The solo is great and some guy said it sounded like Ghost and the intro lick is very similar and in the same key indeed! I love the uplifting lyrics aswell, I think Myles does those incredibly well (see "All Ends Well" from AB, Iris Of The Storm for example).

The bridge is obviously done intentionally as a reference to SITS as apparent by the lyrics so I find it dumb to give them shit for it. God forbid one song in your catalog does something cool that fans will pick out and recognize. I'm glad I listened to it and I'm so stoked for another new album by one of my favourite bands. When WOF came out I just started college and I have lots of great memories listening the shit out of that album and the songs still take me back, can't wait for this album to do the exact same thing for me for another chapter of my life.

It also seems to be either unintentionally, or intentionally leaked but to look unintentional. If they really wanted to release it that day it would've been on Youtube with some kind of video/lyric video for it. I expected it to come out July 25th a day after the last GNR show and I still think that's gonna be the "official" release of this single.

And also how epic are the chord changes underneath the solo torward the end?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Okay as a huge SMKC fan finally gave in and listened to it after I decided I wanted to hear the whole album at once when it comes out, but all your comments made me worried it will be shit, lol.

I like it a LOT! The chorus is what I consider to be "good timey", just like Crazy Life or songs like that and I love CL. Maybe good timesy-sounding rock is not for everyone but certainly for me. They obviously picked the most accessible song for radio so there you go. People who didn't like AL or WOF shouldn't really expect anything different and expect to be amazed suddenly. Slash is not gonna do a 180.

The solo is great and some guy said it sounded like Ghost and the intro lick is very similar and in the same key indeed! I love the uplifting lyrics aswell, I think Myles does those incredibly well (see "All Ends Well" from AB, Iris Of The Storm for example).

The bridge is obviously done intentionally as a reference to SITS as apparent by the lyrics so I find it dumb to give them shit for it. God forbid one song in your catalog does something cool that fans will pick out and recognize. I'm glad I listened to it and I'm so stoked for another new album by one of my favourite bands. When WOF came out I just started college and I have lots of great memories listening the shit out of that album and the songs still take me back, can't wait for this album to do the exact same thing for me for another chapter of my life.

It also seems to be either unintentionally, or intentionally leaked but to look unintentional. If they really wanted to release it that day it would've been on Youtube with some kind of video/lyric video for it. I expected it to come out July 25th a day after the last GNR show and I still think that's gonna be the "official" release of this single.

And also how epic are the chord changes underneath the solo torward the end?

Maybe good timesy-sounding rock is not for everyone but certainly for me.    Amen to that brother!

Edited by BadRain
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Listened a few times now.. Not bad not great.. The music is good but Myles just somehow makes it sound very similar to almost everyone of their other songs. There really isn't a thing about it that makes it stand apart..

The heavy opening riff really stood out for me.  I didn't expect it.

19 hours ago, baje said:

Why are they even in this thread if they don't care about SMKC in any way? It's so annoying and played out. 

Great post!

6 hours ago, TMAC20 said:

For those who havent heard the new single it takes a few listens , here is my take , heavy ass riff and drums , Todd and Frank are killer too , Myles sings great , basically this song is a ballad with a bad riff and groove , so if you listen to it , remember this is a ballad that has a fucking ripping riff , cant wait to hear Call of the Wild and all of the other heavy rock songs , gonna be a EPIC Album , Read between the lines is crushing  and Mind your Manners is pure bad ass , u will all love it , ONLY 3 I have heard so far , bad ass riffery all around 

Where did you find the other two new songs, if you don't mind my asking?

3 hours ago, Ratam said:

For the same reason that people not liked CHINESE  DEMOCRACY and still they given they opinion about CD...😑

Well that maybe true but I don't care about CD so I don't post about it. I don't see the point in bitching about SMKC on their 3rd album. By now everyone should know what their music sounds like it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baje said:

Well that maybe true but I don't care about CD so I don't post about it. I don't see the point in bitching about SMKC on their 3rd album. By now everyone should know what their music sounds like it. 

I not posted about the Slash album , i just said be bit sad that GNR don't work in a new album, you can't avoid the people opinions in a Forum many great like this, they give opinion about CD and about Slash album too, maybe you would complain the Forum mods.