Bad Apples video

the end of the video says 1993 but I've never found any source referencing it's public existence earlier than 2009. So maybe it was finished way back in 93 and not released until way later? 

credits from the official Dailymotion upload: 
Film Editor: Louis Marciano
Film Director: Andy Morahan
Film Producer: Doug Goldstein
Video Editor: Louis Marciano
Video Director: Andy Morahan
Video Producer: Doug Goldstein

Edited by History2010
  • Like 1

Well according to a Rolling Stone article from a couple of years ago it's an official video that was released in 2009.  I don't know how accurate that is but it's the only information I've ever been able to find on it.

Guns N’ Roses’ Videos, Ranked Worst to Best

One of Guns N' Roses' best songs is this overlooked gem, a catchy rocker buried towards the end of Use Your Illusion I. In 2009, 18 years after that album came out, "Bad Apples" got an official video for no apparent reason — but the clip simply consisted outtakes from the "Don't Cry" video, with the band playing on top of the Transamerica Center in Los Angeles. The footage was distorted and frame-dropped, in a half-assed effort to disguise its origin.

Weirdest moment: Axl Rose singing into the same microphone as his friend Shannon Hoon, the lead singer of Blind Melon, who died in 1995, and doesn't even appear on "Bad Apples."

Edited by Chewy2

this video appears in one of the 3 official GNR VHS tapes titled "MAKING FUCKIN VIDEOS" released in the 90s

EDIT after @Tom-Ass and @RussTCB comments

I THINK this video appears in one of the 3 official GNR VHS tapes titled "MAKING FUCKIN VIDEOS" released in the 90s BUT @Tom-Ass and @RussTCB tell me otherwise so i may be mistaken

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Same here. I've had all the GN'R VHS tapes and have never seen this on any of them.

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I used to have all 3 of those on VHS and I don't remember it at all. 

oh fuck

maybe my memory is playing games with me then

i didnt check it but i remember it clearly

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Same here. I've had all the GN'R VHS tapes and have never seen this on any of them.

fuck i remember. and I watched them. bet i still have them stored at my parents house. shall i look for it? clearly no.

probably also still have the tokyo tapes and the vhs I recorded the Paris show on when it was on TV. good times with live releases

4 hours ago, bucketOtrouble said:

fuck i remember. and I watched them. bet i still have them stored at my parents house. shall i look for it? clearly no.

probably also still have the tokyo tapes and the vhs I recorded the Paris show on when it was on TV. good times with live releases

so was this video on any of those VHSs?

EDIT: As GNR vids in YouTube are non existence these days, can't find link but yes IT IS in Making Fucking Videos, Don't Cry as Dont Cry (Alt. Version) footage

And if we assume the band considers such videos as official Music Video, then there's also a music video for Double Talking Jive within Making of Estranged VHS.

Edited by ©GnrPersia

2 hours ago, bucketOtrouble said:

maybe vad apples was somewhere used as background music... but no there was no a full music video of bad apples

ok!

but there is a similar video to that one, isnt there?

maybe its dont cry alt lyrics?

(same footage)

Edited by ludurigan

6 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Yeah the actual video portion is from the alternate version of Don't Cry on the Makin' Videos. 😏

yes, but then they kind of took the video and overdubbed it with Bad Apples audio. weird shit.