Where are you Axl Rose?

cineater

He wasn't able to prove that he had a good enough reason to enter said countries. At the time, the judge specifically referred to AC/DC's statement that the tour would happen with or without Phil's involvement. If AC/DC put it in writing that Phil is their drummer, he will be cleared to enter any place that would benefit from a large amount of money from a hugely successful touring band.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/phil-rudd-talks-crock-of-sh-t-arrest-hopes-to-return-to-ac-dc-43951/

" A New Zealand court dismissed Phil Rudd’s appeal October 5th, ruling that the drummer must serve out the rest of his house arrest. Rudd’s lawyers argued that the sentence was harmful to his music career as it prevented the drummer from reuniting with AC/DC. However, the judge rejected that argument, saying in a statement that there was no evidence to support that Rudd’s AC/DC band mates even wanted him back, New Zealand’s 3 News reports."

With Canada it's easy to get the criminal record -policy denied by submitting an application that proves that you've been rehabilitating yourself after the crime, usually meaning a proof of psychotherapy. It's harder for Phil to get into the USA, but it is still possible with a waiver, which includes an interview with the person applying for visa with consular people. The meaning of the hearing is to prove that the criminal, in this case Phil, is rehabilitated and he is eligible to get a USA visa. And just to clarify: "permanently ineligible to enter USA" doesn't mean that it couldn't be waived - only in cases where you've been deported from USA it is almost impossible to get back in without presidents approval. 

These rules doesn't apply only to "superstars", but it definitely comes easier with a top notch lawyer involved. 

Just to get an insight that it's not "impossible" for AC/DC to tour USA with Phil.

Greetings,
European Law Student

37 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Look @BOSSY78, you can believe what you want. AC/DC is making a new album with Brian Johnson. Period.

AXL/DC is done unless they need him for touring and Axl is willing to do it.

I'm not sure why you tagged me in your comment as my last few posts have been about Phil not Brian.

I don't see how AC/DC is going to tour US with him.

5 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:
45 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Look @BOSSY78, you can believe what you want. AC/DC is making a new album with Brian Johnson. Period.

AXL/DC is done unless they need him for touring and Axl is willing to do it.

The Axl/DC thing will go on as planned regardless of what`s happening in Vancouver now.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

With Canada it's easy to get the criminal record -policy denied by submitting an application that proves that you've been rehabilitating yourself after the crime, usually meaning a proof of psychotherapy. It's harder for Phil to get into the USA, but it is still possible with a waiver, which includes an interview with the person applying for visa with consular people. The meaning of the hearing is to prove that the criminal, in this case Phil, is rehabilitated and he is eligible to get a USA visa. And just to clarify: "permanently ineligible to enter USA" doesn't mean that it couldn't be waived - only in cases where you've been deported from USA it is almost impossible to get back in without presidents approval. 

These rules doesn't apply only to "superstars", but it definitely comes easier with a top notch lawyer involved. 

Just to get an insight that it's not "impossible" for AC/DC to tour USA with Phil.

Greetings,
European Law Student

Greetings from a former Law Student in the US.

Now you are right in certain situations a waiver can work. In cases of certain crimes or crimes committed many years ago.

Certain convictions however and especially within the same decade are likely to be denied. Phil's  is one of them.

I'm sure Phil has already tried this or spoken to lawyers about it as he said last year US was a country he can't enter. He has said it several times.

Sure a great lawyer could possibly have a small chance to get a different result but it sets a precedent which other criminals can use to gain entry of the same crime. 

He's not the first celebrity charged with a crime and denied entrance. If he waits until a 10 year period of good rehabilitation has passed he may have better luck and that's a may.

There are certain crimes they may overlook due to years passed circumstances rehabilitation etc crimes involving murder rape certain drugs isn't one of them.

A drug conviction can get a 10 year ban of entry. Selling drugs can get a no entry for example.

I'm going to take it that Phil knows where he can and can't go and as of his last statement US is one of them. 

Europe he seems to have more freedom as he stated he can tour Europe.

57 minutes ago, HyperFuzzFunnyCar said:

He wasn't able to prove that he had a good enough reason to enter said countries. At the time, the judge specifically referred to AC/DC's statement that the tour would happen with or without Phil's involvement. If AC/DC put it in writing that Phil is their drummer, he will be cleared to enter any place that would benefit from a large amount of money from a hugely successful touring band.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/phil-rudd-talks-crock-of-sh-t-arrest-hopes-to-return-to-ac-dc-43951/

" A New Zealand court dismissed Phil Rudd’s appeal October 5th, ruling that the drummer must serve out the rest of his house arrest. Rudd’s lawyers argued that the sentence was harmful to his music career as it prevented the drummer from reuniting with AC/DC. However, the judge rejected that argument, saying in a statement that there was no evidence to support that Rudd’s AC/DC band mates even wanted him back, New Zealand’s 3 News reports."

You're quoting when his lawyer tried to dismiss the house arrest so he could leave his home and town. They are two different things.

A judge still can't tell another Country if a convicted criminal can enter.

His attorneys tried to get a dismissal of charges as well so he wouldn't be seen as a criminal by Countries 

Either way his house arrest has long been served and according to his own statement he can't enter the US. 

Us wouldn't be a country that profits from bands nor would they need to.

It's not to say he has no chance in hell to get in the US but his chances are slim

Again for those failing to understand according to Phil himself during Axl/DC he can't enter the US. I assume since he mentioned petetionting European countries and or being allowed to enter them he has already explored the route.

He said he doesn't know what Angus wants to do but he is limited as he can't travel to the US but can Europe.

That means he has permission in Europe and not the US.

• Like 1

Thanks Bossy for a great insight in US Law! Good to know! We don't much concentrate outside-European laws, so thanks for correcting my assumptions. 

A bit off-topic but YES it's supereasy to get waived in Europe for Australian citizen. He has probably filled out a few forms and that's it - ready to tour. Some eastern europe countries might be a problem, but the mainland, Scandinavia, UK etc is fairly easy to get waived, it's a few months job. :) 

Axl/DC was amazing, but it was what it should be, really. He filled in, absolutely kicked ass, and that's it. As much as Bon is missed, it was with Brian that AC/DC reached its peak, and if he is able to tour, there is absolutely no reason to have Axl there. Brian is AC/DC.

Axl has a massive band to front. Also, I doubt that this current version of Axl could replicate those 2016 performances. That might even have played a part in all this.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, rosesandguns said:

Thanks Bossy for a great insight in US Law! Good to know! We don't much concentrate outside-European laws, so thanks for correcting my assumptions. 

A bit off-topic but YES it's supereasy to get waived in Europe for Australian citizen. He has probably filled out a few forms and that's it - ready to tour. Some eastern europe countries might be a problem, but the mainland, Scandinavia, UK etc is fairly easy to get waived, it's a few months job. :) 

I wondered about the UK. Thanks for the insight on that.

I saw in one interview he had Canada and Japan listed as well as the US but the latest one he only mentioned US. 

I wonder if Japan is gonna let him in or not.

I guess we will see what happens when more details come out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

That's fake, the metadata/EXIF of the original photo shows that it was indeed taken in August 6th. It's a fact.

People saying other stuff is lying to themselves that Axl is still doing an album with AC/DC. 

That's not a proof. You can change it all you want.

m1na.png

See the copyright is missing. 

-

It's a well known fact that Brian likes to wear the same outfit for a long period of time, unfortunately for the DC fans, the pair of jeans he wears here is from 2014.

isg8.png

Phil Rudd is missing his teeth in the picture, if the DC fans think Phil Rudd likes the hobo look, they're simply retarded.

-

Take a look at the picture one last time.

DkDP5CpXgAAgXm0.jpg

Phil Rudd in 2017

PhilRudd1216.jpg

Brian Johnson in 2018

-

Don't believe the hype. Fake News. It's from the Rock Or Bust sessions.

Edited by Silent Jay

7 hours ago, rosesandguns said:

Greetings,
European Law Student

Once again, they let Keith Richards in. :lol:

2 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

That's not a proof. You can change it all you want.

m1na.png

See the copyright is missing. 

-

It's a well known fact that Brian likes to wear the same outfit for a long period of time, unfortunately for the DC fans, the pair of jeans he wears here is from 2014.

isg8.png

Phil Rudd is missing his teeth in the picture, if the DC fans think Phil Rudd likes the hobo look, they're simply retarded.

-

Take a look at the picture one last time.

DkDP5CpXgAAgXm0.jpg

Phil Rudd in 2017

PhilRudd1216.jpg

Brian Johnson in 2018

-

Don't believe the hype. Fake News. It's from the Rock Or Bust sessions.

Didn't Phil have long hair during those sessions? I know he did in the video.

4 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

udT2yQKh.jpg

Care to refute this one @Silent Jay? Angus and Stevie both had gray hair during the Rock or Bust sessions so this is clearly new, and Phil has never been one to care about whether or not his teeth are in, as @HyperFuzzFunnyCar pointed out. This is happening and you just come across as bitter that the “retarded” AC/DC fans won’t let you come over to play anymore. Take a lap.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Willis1988 said:

Care to refute this one @Silent Jay? Angus and Stevie both had gray hair during the Rock or Bust sessions so this is clearly new, and Phil has never been one to care about whether or not his teeth are in, as @HyperFuzzFunnyCar pointed out. This is happening and you just come across as bitter that the “retarded” AC/DC fans won’t let you come over to play anymore. Take a lap.

We'll have to see. You're right though they had grayhair in 2014.

I'll acknowledge my mistake if I'm wrong and won't call the acdcfans forum retarded.

I'm not bitter at all, if Rudd and Brian are back, it would be the right thing to do for the legacy of the band.

• Like 1