Cliff Williams

Phil Rudd

Touring line-up:

Angus Young

Stevie Young

Axl Rose

Cliff Williams / new bassist

Chris Slade

It would be wired for Axl to sing someone's songs which were just recorded. 2016 experience was a some sort of an emergency and required mostly "classics" singing, so this situation is more questionable. Can't imagine Rose in the role of substitute, not his type. Maybe they're going to record the album together and tour together as well with Brian filling 1-2 spots on an every concert - seems reasonable... or probalby, they've just fully reunited without Axl- as Brian said, if doctors will allow, he would countinue to perform live.  

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 1

Just now, felixGNR said:

Lol. Brian is gonna tour if he ends up recording a last ac/dc album.

Rose was a guest singer.

Who said that the final album with Brian will be the final album of AC/DC?

They might have made in arrangement having Axl ready to step in just in case Brian can't do it live. But I hope he can, Brian is the singer of AC/DC for almost 30 years now and as long as he can and wants to he should have that spot. I wouldn't want anyone to step in for Axl in GNR either no matter what.

AC/DC without Malcolm Young just isn't AC/DC anymore. They pulled it off once after Bon passed away, but they had a killer album and their core sound and songwriting unit still being intact. Now with Malcolm they lost a crucial part of their sound, a key songwriter and perhaps the best rhythm guitarist in the world.

Whatever they do keep going or bow out with grace, they should come up with a killer album like LTBR or BIB. And for some reason I think they will.

11 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

They might have made in arrangement having Axl ready to step in just in case Brian can't do it live. But I hope he can, Brian is the singer of AC/DC for almost 30 years now and as long as he can and wants to he should have that spot. I wouldn't want anyone to step in for Axl in GNR either no matter what.

AC/DC without Malcolm Young just isn't AC/DC anymore. They pulled it off once after Bon passed away, but they had a killer album and their core sound and songwriting unit still being intact. Now with Malcolm they lost a crucial part of their sound, a key songwriter and perhaps the best rhythm guitarist in the world.

Whatever they do keep going or bow out with grace, they should come up with a killer album like LTBR or BIB. And for some reason I think they will.

I would consider Rock or Bust as better than some of the albums from the Mal era (Fly on the Wall, Ballbreaker, Black Ice).

Edited by Sosso

I reckon Axl will work with Angus again at some point down the road, but according to AC/DC fans, this will either be a small EP or full album followed with a small farewell tour (Phil won't be able to get into the States due to his conviction). I feel as if that will be the case.

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

I would consider Rock or Bust as better than some of the albums from the Mal era (Fly on the Wall, Ballbreaker, Black Ice).

Black Ice was way better than I expected it to be, especially after Stiff Upper Lip. But yeah, Fly on the Wall & Ballbreaker were nothing special other than a few songs.

If Brian is indeed back in AC/DC to record a new album, then I'm 100% sure that Axl is not involved in any form. They won't commit the same mistakes again so I'm pretty sure they found a way to have Brian singing live too. Axl joining the band was kind of an emergency thing because Brian's hearing issues were unexpected. There's absolutely no way that Brian is recording a new album and Axl sings those new songs live. Of course, that's only my opinion...

4 hours ago, Italian girl said:

W. Axl Rose is not the lead singer of AC/DC.

but musicians work with other musicians. sometimes there is chemistry in other places other than the main band and even if you're not an ac/dc fan you can't deny axl and angus share great chemistry together. if they both wanna do it than that's great and can really inspire sometimes.

On 2018-08-08 at 9:00 AM, Sosso said:

I was told that the picture of Brian and Phil was shot during the Rock Or Bust sessions.

How do we explain the Angus/Stevie shots then? Stevie hadn’t grown his hair out yet during the ROB sessions and Angus hadn’t dyed his hair. It was totally grey.

Just now, James Bond said:

How do we explain the Angus/Stevie shots then? Stevie hadn’t grown his hair out yet during the ROB sessions and Angus hadn’t dyed his hair. It was totally grey.

My source was wrong, then. 

• 2 weeks later...

When will people finally let go of Axl/Dc? Brian is there, wouldn't be if weren't fully recovered most probably. So why would the lead singer of ACDC let Axl Rose sing in his place if he's just recording new music with his band?

Why the denial? The blind belief? This reminds of that Rovim guy and his "CD2 is coming" posts.

I'm happy for Brian and ACDC fans.

As I’ve said it here before – it’s not just that Brian deserves to be back and it’s not real AC/DC without him etc. etc. I’d say it’s mainly about the fact that any time Axl devotes to AC/DC is a time he doesn’t devote to GN’R, and any performance contributing to ruining his vocal chords with AC/DC is going to be reflected in his performance with GN’R. 
This would have happened in his 30s, and it has inevitably happened (would happen) in his 50s. 
I say good, focus on Slash now...