Jump to content

AC/DC line-up discussion


Sosso

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I wonder if angus will retire acdc after whatever album/tour this lineup does and works with axl under a different band name from nowon....or keep the name.

He could've retired the AC/DC name so many times… after Bon's death, after Phil's first exit, after Malcolm's retirement… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Its all gone quiet on the DC front people in the know are hinting too wards Feb/March with what ever is too come 

AC/DC has had long stretches in between the last 3 albums. I wouldn't bet on any new AC/DC material being announced in the near future. I'd love to see something come out this year with a tour. They are one of the few remaining "classic rock" bands that still kick major ass, but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't until 2020.
Stiff Upper Lip - 2000
Black Ice - 2008
Rock or Bust - 2014

The good news tho, if they are actually recording right now, then it may very well be out by the year's end. They tend to release an album within a year of recording it.

Edited by Ak1nney
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Sosso said:

He could've retired the AC/DC name so many times… after Bon's death, after Phil's first exit, after Malcolm's retirement… 

True, though its coming to the point where those that have been in the band a number of years are either retired, dead, in trouble with the law and could impact on touring (phil) or have medical issues (brians hearing) . Its like angus is propping up the remaining members as much as possible, like the band are a rendition to the film weekend at bernies.

Edited by Sydney Fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm watching for a media build up.  Should be about time for something out of the Vancouver sessions.  I figure and could be wrong, even if the band isn't saying anything, promoters of products will start laying the groundwork.  Alternative Nation threw up something today and they haven't mention them in a while.  The rest of the news has been sporadic.  Just kind of keeping an eye out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cineater said:

I'm watching for a media build up.  Should be about time for something out of the Vancouver sessions.  I figure and could be wrong, even if the band isn't saying anything, promoters of products will start laying the groundwork.  Alternative Nation threw up something today and they haven't mention them in a while.  The rest of the news has been sporadic.  Just kind of keeping an eye out.

 

What did they do m9?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 6:56 AM, nikothebellic said:

It would be wired for Axl to sing someone's songs which were just recorded. 2016 experience was a some sort of an emergency and required mostly "classics" singing, so this situation is more questionable. Can't imagine Rose in the role of substitute, not his type. Maybe they're going to record the album together and tour together as well with Brian filling 1-2 spots on an every concert - seems reasonable... or probalby, they've just fully reunited without Axl- as Brian said, if doctors will allow, he would countinue to perform live.  

Yeah, I agree. Would love to see Axl sing for AC/DC, but if Brian is recording the new songs, he should be able to perform the live.

I was hoping some doctor would invent something for Brian to have so he could sing on tour. I mean medicine has come so far. Isn't there something someone can do for him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2019 at 10:27 AM, Gavin82 said:

There is ment too be news nx month 11/2/19 its been said other places from a good source who knows only time will tell 

That's like breaking rule number 1 on here. "News is coming soon, but I can't say what about, or if it's for sure."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ak1nney said:

That's like breaking rule number 1 on here. "News is coming soon, but I can't say what about, or if it's for sure."

Cos i obvis dont know any more a man in the know just said what i said weather its right or not we shall soon see 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, vloors said:

Reasons they wont tour.

1. This is a tribute album and nothing more and will be closure to the band.

2. Brians deafness

3. Phils legal past

4. Age

I'm basing this off of minimal speculation and others (absolutely nothing definitive), but I think they will play shows but maybe not extensive touring.

Cliff retired because he didn't feel like it was AC/DC anymore but if Brian can come back in then I think its a goer. If the plan is for Axl to play all songs at all live shows then I think it will be sporadic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Reasons they wont tour.

1. This is a tribute album and nothing more and will be closure to the band.

2. Brians deafness

3. Phils legal past

4. Age

The fourth point is laughable. The Rolling Stones are still touring and the member are in their 70's. 

Edited by Sosso
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

The fourth point is laughable. The Rolling Stones are still touring and the member are in their 70's. 

Brians way past his used by date and hasnt been sounding too good for the last few years. I actually hoped that they would of stayed with Axl who brought a new energy to acdc and nailed alot of the songs Brian would struggle with.

Mick is a immortal and still sounds great. Not many bands can do what the rolling stones can do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, vloors said:

Brians way past his used by date and hasnt been sounding too good for the last few years. I actually hoped that they would of stayed with Axl who brought a new energy to acdc and nailed alot of the songs Brian would struggle with.

Mick is a immortal and still sounds great. Not many bands can do what the rolling stones can do.

Well it helps that mick basically just talks his way through songs and makes up new vocal melodies as he goes. The fact that Brian lasted at an acceptable level as long as he did is really just as astounding with how he sings.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/03/2019 at 12:10 AM, CAFC Nick said:

I'm basing this off of minimal speculation and others (absolutely nothing definitive), but I think they will play shows but maybe not extensive touring.

Cliff retired because he didn't feel like it was AC/DC anymore but if Brian can come back in then I think its a goer. If the plan is for Axl to play all songs at all live shows then I think it will be sporadic.

Agree not extensive touring. They should have done that back in 2015/16. Most likely play in each capital city or where the high revenue places are. Tour probably 6 months, just my guess.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/03/2019 at 12:46 AM, Sosso said:

The fourth point is laughable. The Rolling Stones are still touring and the member are in their 70's. 

In terms of point 4, acdc songs require more energy because they are more fast paced. But the stones kind of set the standard now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stiff Competition said:

Well it helps that mick basically just talks his way through songs and makes up new vocal melodies as he goes. The fact that Brian lasted at an acceptable level as long as he did is really just as astounding with how he sings.

Agree the way brian rasps would take a toll on anyones voice. He really was phenomenal.

The problem with those acdc songs its not like he can hide singing a octave/register lower easily and get away with passing the songs off. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 1:13 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I agree. Would love to see Axl sing for AC/DC, but if Brian is recording the new songs, he should be able to perform the live.

I was hoping some doctor would invent something for Brian to have so he could sing on tour. I mean medicine has come so far. Isn't there something someone can do for him?

Suppose if something can be done, it would be done already done as AC/DC is a massive brand and they should have solutions for an every case. Hearing was always a problematic issue for musicians. IEM save the day now, but it seems, Brian just got unlucky at these point. Probably, if they'll keep touring "lightweight", avoiding back-to-back concerts and tight schedule, Brian will endure. They even could extend Angus' solo or something to give him a rest every gig. 

P.S. Sorry for lateness - was gone from the forum for a while as Guns' were on hiatus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...