No more AXL/DC? Looks like AC/DC have reunited with Brian Johnson.

Ace Nova

4 hours ago, vloors said:

Hoping its a angus solo record and he has songs with axl, brian and other guests. 

Last few Acdc albums with brian have not been very good.

But the AC/DC brand was responsible for the huge success of their albums and tours.

Axl∕DC can still happend unless Angus plan to hang up his guitar in the near future.

What`s happening in Vancouver now is great and nobody expected this. Brian singing in AC∕DC again is a miracle.

But this is something that will be over very soon because Brian will not be able to do a major tour.

Brian will sing for his fans one last time. Next time it might be Axl`s turn. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shocker said:

But this is something that will be over very soon because Brian will not be able to do a major tour.

That's not true anymore.

There are newly designed earbuds he discovered after he was done with AC/DC that will prevent any further damage to his hearing if he decides to tour. 

I can pretty much guarantee that if he records an album with them, he will go onto to tour with them, if they decide to tour.

Buzzing for Brian that he's back where he belongs. He sounded absolutely brutal in the shows I listened to shortly before he got punted, but I'm guessing his hearing had a big part in that.

That said, it's disheartening that there is no apparent involvement from Axl. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to catch an AC/DC show with Axl at the helm. It's definitely one of the best collaborations to ever happen in music.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

Angus checked out some of Axl's recent vocal performances and decided - FUCK THAT !

That's why I keep scratching my head trying to understand why so many people want Axl to record with Slash and Duff.  The likelihood of it being good due to Axl's bad vocals and tendency towards taking forever to write ultimately mediocre songs is very slim. If it happened, I would check it out, if only for Slash.  Maybe if we were still living in 1996....

Edited by BadRain

10 hours ago, BadRain said:

That's why I keep scratching my head trying to understand why so many people want Axl to record with Slash and Duff.  The likelihood of it being good due to Axl's bad vocals and tendency towards taking forever to write ultimately mediocre songs is very slim. If it happened, I would check it out, if only for Slash.  Maybe if we were still living in 1996....

I reckon he can still kill it in the studio. Even though he hasn't been sounding too hot since the end of Axl/DC, he killed it on Shadow Of Your Love every time he sang it this year. When he's got all the time and oxygen breaks in the world in the studio, I think he can still pull out the rasp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amir said:

I reckon he can still kill it in the studio. Even though he hasn't been sounding too hot since the end of Axl/DC, he killed it on Shadow Of Your Love every time he sang it this year. When he's got all the time and oxygen breaks in the world in the studio, I think he can still pull out the rasp.

The only problem I could see is that Axl would deliberately use the mickey voice in the studio because he really thinks it sounds okay, and no one tells him it sucks. Otherwise, if they can make Vince Neil sound good in a studio, Axl should have no problems.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The only problem I could see is that Axl would deliberately use the mickey voice in the studio because he really thinks it sounds okay, and no one tells him it sucks. Otherwise, if they can make Vince Neil sound good in a studio, Axl should have no problems.

I doubt he will use mickey voice in studio because he knows that fans don't like it, how he said in this china interview. If he would think that it's good he wouldn't be using rasp at all but he do but not in every song. I wonder if on new album he will sing more in his natural voice or maybe like in ISE where most of song is in low range but there are few high notes that he can easily nail.

Edited by sl4yer

4 hours ago, papashaun said:

Brian didn't sound too bad 8 months ago on stage with Muse.....May not be a full out world tour if AC/DC makes a new album, but I assume he can do a limited schedule at the least, depending on clearance from a Doctor. 

Sounds fine to me, would only sound better with AC/DC. ;)

I'd love to hear Brian and Axl duet both full on rasp on a GNR and an AC/DC song.

2 hours ago, adamsapple said:

Sounds fine to me, would only sound better with AC/DC. ;)

I'd love to hear Brian and Axl duet both full on rasp on a GNR and an AC/DC song.

I don't think that this will happen. They could maybe cover a Led Zeppelin song together. Rock N' Roll or Black Dog for example. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, papashaun said:

Brian didn't sound too bad 8 months ago on stage with Muse.....May not be a full out world tour if AC/DC makes a new album, but I assume he can do a limited schedule at the least, depending on clearance from a Doctor. 

I don’t know, this sounds pretty rough. Objectively I do think Axl is better suited to this song now than Brian is.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1