No more AXL/DC? Looks like AC/DC have reunited with Brian Johnson.

Ace Nova

Would have been an interesting unique release but maybe a bit hard on Brian. If he can come back he should. Also PR wise Axl is in the black so not sure who it would upset. 

Possibly work with Angus in GNR like there were guests on UYI. That’s how big the GNR record could be. Guests like Lenny, Angus, Bach and with Izzy back writing. It could be next level. Writers from all eras. Even get old CD vets like Bucket on it. 

Philly had the best set list but I think his overall vocal performance was better in Buffalo. I’m biased because I was there but even listening back to the videos he seems more consistent. Marseille is my personal favourite overall though. That Hells Bells is off the charts.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

On 22. 8. 2018 at 9:27 PM, Walapino said:

Whats the best sounding AXL DC show on youtube you guys can recommend?

Werchter Belgium had great sound; however, I am not sure whether it was on youtube or audio only. Check it out.

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

I actually prefer the Brian Era to the Bon Era. 

I love the stuff from the 90s on, Ballbreaker, Stiff Upper Lip, Black Ice...some really heavy stuff. 

I prefer the Bon era. High Voltage, Dirty Deeds, Let There Be Rock, Powerage and Highway to Hell are their best albums. The only Brian albums on that level are Back in Black, Flick of the Switch and The Razors Edge. 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2018 at 11:08 PM, TheGeneral said:

I actually prefer the Brian Era to the Bon Era. 

I love the stuff from the 90s on, Ballbreaker, Stiff Upper Lip, Black Ice...some really heavy stuff. 

Watch them live at MOR Donny Park 91 they did H.S & FYG Brian was just on another level for this show

This is just fucking amazing Brian at his #BEST 

Edited by Gavin82
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

On 8/24/2018 at 1:56 AM, Powerage5 said:

Sorry, I don’t agree. My reasons for Axl wanting to stay in the band, at least in a live capacity, are far more than the fact that it’s Axl. The shows with Axl were roughly 8 songs longer than a standard AC/DC setlist, and anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour longer time-wise. All of the songs that got added were extreme rarities - some not played in nearly 40 years, and one not ever played before (Touch Too Much). I’m an AC/DC fan first and foremost, having Axl was a massive bonus. But if it meant that they could really experiment with the setlist, and significantly expand the set and play some real deep cuts, I’m all for that. It’ll be hard for me to stomach going back to an 18 song, hour and 45 min set after seeing what we could have with Axl.

Buffalo was certainly the best of the six I saw vocally.

I was surprised to see many fans say the same as you even if it's true.

There are alot of fans who brought up the longer sets and songs they haven't heard.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Because to hardcore AC/DC fans, that’s a big point of contention. Their setlists, generally speaking, are not very adventurous. On the leg of Rock Or Bust with Brian they pulled out a couple decent surprises, the biggest being Have A Drink On Me, but generally AC/DC play it pretty safe. That all went out the window with Axl. Riff Raff hadn’t been played since 1978, other than the VH1 session in 1996, Live Wire hadn’t been played since 1982, Touch Too Much had never been played - the list goes on. 

I don’t know what’s better about the ROB tour - the fact that they added so many kickass songs with Axl or the fact that they finally dropped the fucking Jack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been waiting for an official announcement to really form an opinion but after seeing those pictures of Brian, I think it is fairly obvious Axl is no longer associated with AC/DC.

I was conflicted at first. This whole thing has been a really wild and weird ride for us and its timing with the reunion was nuts. I was a little upset in 2016. I was do excited for the reunion and was worried he wouldn't be able to handle both projects and worried it would take away from the reunion or a future GNR record. 2016 ended up being a great year for Axl. Despite the ridicolous leg incident, he juggled both responsibilities nearly flawlessly. He sounded incredible with ACDC and very good with Guns. I saw 3 Guns shows that year and one Axl/DC show. All were really fun and satisying gigs. Axl hasnt sounded nearly as good in 2017 or 2018. Did ACDC contribute to that? I don't know. Could he sound really good in GNR or ACDC again? I don't know. I also would bet that Angus has taken note of things, too

I think on paper, the idea to "replace" Brian was stupid. Major lineup changes are so lame in huge bands, especially when they are old legacy acts. ACDC was already down Malcolm and Phil at that point, and although I like Chris and Stevie a lot, the band ventured into NuGNR territory without Brian. With Cliff retiring, it would have been exactly that without Evans replacing him. I support projects I like despite the band name which is why I liked the 2001-2014 GNR lineups, but Axl is also one of my favorite artists. Of course that wasnt the real band that built up GNR and this wasn't the real ACDC in that sense. If it had been any other singer than Axl, I wouldnt have cared. Certainly not if it was an unknown or an ACDC tribute singer or the Airbourne guy. If it was a big name like Steven Tyler or something I probably would have youtubed a song or two but still, I wouldn't have really cared. Definitely wouldnt have gone to see them.

Having it be Axl and having his voice be good obviously excited me and because of that, Id like an Axl ACDC album for those reasons. At the same time, Brian's departure was terribly handled and if ACDC was my favorite band, thatd have easily been the "jumping the shark" moment. For Axl fans like us it was awesome and I'm glad I sae a show. For hardcore ACDC fans, it probably mostly sucked. Rare songs and longer shows are cool, but I think most people would have most of the classic band in tact as opposed to having it be more of an "Angus presents ACDC" show. Brian may not be an original, but he has been there for over 30 years and was on one of the biggest albums of all time with them. He is a bonafide ACDC member.

Having whats left of the classic band come together to put put a project is the best thing to do for ACDC's legacy and for ending the band with a bit of dignity. The album probably wont be that great, but that doesn't matter as much. I like songs and parts of albums from later ACDC, but it isn't as good as the old stuff. Still, its a nice way to honor Malcolm and the band and to end things on a good note. Do a few more shows with Brian, maybe not a full tour, and wrap it up. Axl should focus on his own music, anyways. He won't, but he should.

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am a massive AC/DC fan and I was absolutely crushed when Brian was forced out.  I was amazed to hear that Axl was coming in to cover him and I was extremely worried and sceptical.  Worried because I thought that Axl was going to get hammered by everyone far and wide for his performances and sceptical because I didn't really want to hear a cover band and I thought that Axl wouldn't be able to pull it off.  I had tickets before the news broke so I decided to go.  I really expected Axl to be able to comfortably handle the Bon songs and struggle with a lot of Brian's, based solely on the evidence that he can't really pull off a lot of his own material at times.  What happened was a revelation!  He absolutely blew the arsehole out of Brian's stuff and sounded good on the Bon stuff.  I was impressed and happy that he gave a fucking excellent account of himself.  Afterwards I was less than happy that he seemed to be half-arsing the GnR shows. 

Having said all of that, I seriously didn't and still don't want to hear Axl Rose on an AC/DC studio album in any shape or form.  I'd be happy if he filled in live.