Limp Bizkit Dubbed as Making the "Chinese Democracy" of NuMetal??....

papashaun

Don't have a clue how I stumbled into this information.....but....apparently, Limp Bizkit has been working on a new album called "Stampede of the Disco Elephants" since approximately March of 2012, that has yet to be "officially" released. What's crazy.....the band originally started recording the album on the "Cash Money Records" Label...since, you know, that label is notorious for putting out Rock and Metal Albums (joke), before actually releasing 4 singles from the album by 2014, then leaving Cash Money to go "in a different direction," for finishing the album. (Had no clue they actually put out 4 singles in this time period.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stampede_of_the_Disco_Elephants

Here's what's more crazy....apparently Fred Durst claims that he secretly leaked the album online to file sharing programs sometime around 2016, yet there is no one who has yet to come forward as to saying that hey have found the album, which Durst claims was on Soul Seek. 

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/fred_durst_says_limp_bizkits_new_album_has_been_online_for_over_a_year

Finally, guitarist Wes Borland doesn't think that the band should release any new material at all....stating the band is now a "nostalgia act" and "what's the point of making a new album."

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/wes-borland-on-limp-bizkits-new-album-nobody-wants-to-hear-new-material-anyway

Can't say I actually followed anything going on with this band much after Borland first left the band, and they released a bummer of an album in "Results May Vary." But, I was around 18 years old when they released "Significant Other" which I really did like that album at lot at that time period........not so much as I aged. I was surprised to find that they continued to tour some, and attempted new music the past few years, I figured the group was disbanded totally by now....

Can't help but see the similarities between this period of time, and GnR's--nuGuns period to current....It has taken both a ridiculous amount of time to release a basically finished album....and you can view the current GnR line up as basically a nostalgia act as well....which I have also wondered if there is really any point in the reformed line-up releasing new material as well??? Once can hope, but it's hard to see it ever coming to fruition. 

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

So they too are going to wait 15 yrs to release an absolute pig of an album that no one gives a fuck about?  Whoopee.  What a fuckin' trend to start eh, the art of not releasing music :lol:

I don't think they started it....System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine have also worked sparingly on new material after reforming, but have never released anything.....only continued to tour/play shows. Sound like anybody else we know, that has finished material in the vault that's not been released??  :shrugs:

7 minutes ago, papashaun said:

I don't think they started it....System of a Down and Rage Against the Machine have also worked sparingly on new material after reforming, but have never released anything.....only continued to tour/play shows. Sound like anybody else we know, that has finished material in the vault that's not been released??  :shrugs:

Brian Wilson maybe?

19 minutes ago, liers said:

Tool has gotten the same comparisons. I believe it’s been over 10 years since their last album

I think that we should form a new term. chinesedemocracyed instead of delayed

9 minutes ago, liers said:

Tool has gotten the same comparisons. I believe it’s been over 10 years since their last album

The problem with Tool, according to the producer was that the songs were "way too long" and Maynard apparently hasn't finished any vocals....Maynard also stated on Joe Rogan's podcast that "there was a little bit of fear" in releasing the new album, due to the length of time since the last, also stating he asks himself, "Is it gonna be as good as the last one."  Maynard also led to a "timing" issue with being able to get the rest of the band in the studio.....

That's all sounded like excuses to me, considering he's released new stuff with Puscifer and A Perfect Circle recently...not to mention that the rest of the band has been doing these "music workshops" you can pay up front  to attend/ask questions, and they'll even play you a snippet of some new music they've worked on....I just think that band is afraid of not meeting the expectations, and keep delaying everything.

2 hours ago, papashaun said:

apparently Fred Durst claims that he secretly leaked the album online to file sharing programs sometime around 2016, yet there is no one who has yet to come forward as to saying that hey have found the album, which Durst claims was on Soul Seek. 

It's not that people can't find it, just that no one wants to listen to it.

• Haha 3

I used to hate nu-metal and Limp Bizkit back in the day. I still don't really care for it, but I must admit that it's hard not to shake your head to songs like Break Stuff and Freak On A Leash whenever it's on the radio and I can see now why kids were drawn to that energy. I was a kid myself back then, but I guess I was too pretentious to take this testosterone metal seriously.

And also, Limp Bizkit's cover of Faith is pretty solid!

On 16/08/2018 at 10:47 PM, papashaun said:

I think Faith No More released an album in 1997 then released Sol Invictus in 2017?

was Compton actually Detox?

What about that Eagles album Long Road out of Eden? 

Edited by wasted