Slash - "I have several song ideas for new Guns material" source: Sweden Rock Magazine

betterman

55 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

Of course he does as making music is what musicians generally do.

Hell i'll give Axl the benefit of doubt here and blame the label as the reason for no new music since CD. No excuses from here on though.

It was on the label not to support CD era very well, now I guess the problem is coming up with something to say as the real GNR. 

Also they haven’t ever really done an album without Izzy’s creative input. So right there how do you make up for that. Maybe he will be there in someway. 

Edited by wasted

It would be awesome if the current band could co exist & write a new album together, how ever way they choose to do it. I think Fortus is a underrated player to many GnR fans, I think him and Slash could make a great team in a recording sense. They all bring there own ideas in and see how it goes down.

It’s just Axl has to find a whole album of lyrics and a strong vision for it. Duff can write lyrics maybe, Izzy might have something. Couple of covers. 

It’s just all the wars are over. Making it, fame, drugs, romances. Now what? Songs about dying? More songs about the media? 

So (taking it as given that the OP gives an accurate transcription of what Slash told the Swedish magazine) Slash has written a bunch of riffs for SMKC and one (1) riff for GnR - the title of the thread doesn't correspond to the content, btw. And from this we conclude that he's all ready to make a GnR album and Axl doesn't let it happen?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

So (taking it as given that the OP gives an accurate transcription of what Slash told the Swedish magazine) Slash has written a bunch of riffs for SMKC and one (1) riff for GnR - the title of the thread doesn't correspond to the quote, btw. And from this we conclude that he's all ready to make a GnR album and Axl doesn't let it happen?

Its not only one riff for GNR and the rest for The Conspirators. 

He says he has about 80 song ideas or riffs collected on his phone, some of this is meant for the Conspirators and some of them are meant for GNR. 

1 minute ago, betterman said:

Its not only one riff for GNR and the rest for The Conspirators. 

He says he has about 80 song ideas or riffs collected on his phone, some of this is meant for the Conspirators and some of them are meant for GNR.

I must have misunderstood this, then?

7 hours ago, betterman said:

He has over 80 ideas, riffs etc wich is not used and is sorted in Conspirators and one for new Guns n Roses music.

1 hour ago, Edward Nigma said:

Are the song ideas better than his solo material and conspirators material? Because they have to be a step above to qualify for Guns material.

Nothing wrong with Slash's riffs and solos for the Conspirators. The quality suffers from song structure, arrangements and most of all vocals and melodies 

• Like 3

Axl needs to get into a creative mindset. If he can have a late renaissance like run musically then anything can happen. But I’ve always taken Axl’s personality as an obsessive type. Whatever he’s into at a given time will get 150% if attention and he will delve into it with that obsessive mind set. So if he gets back into song writing you could get 60+ songs out of him in a matter of a year just because people like him take everything to the extreame. 

Now one thing I don’t get about Axl or maybe I misunderstood but during that China Exchange interview he says he’s glad he didn’t record/write some stuff then versus now because now he feels he can come at whatever it is more vigorously I guess...it just sounded like he’s afraid to write anything. If his mindset is that whatever I write I might not feel the same way about it in a year or two then he’s basically never going to write or record anything new. 

It would be great if we could lock Axl, Duff Izzy and Slash in a room together for a week and say “come out with a 14 song album and we’ll give you back your $150 million” 

Like i've been saying : It's easier that a mute says to a deaf that he saw a crippled man running a marathon than a GN'R NuAlbum. 
But hey, three years ago, Axl n' slash on the same stage was the definition of impossible.

So, who knows.

Slash with new ideas,

Axl giving a shit about'em.

1995 is back. 

I guess somethings never change. 

44 minutes ago, NeonKinight said:

Like i've been saying : It's easier that a mute says to a deaf that he saw a crippled man running a marathon than a GN'R NuAlbum. 
But hey, three years ago, Axl n' slash on the same stage was the definition of impossible.

So, who knows.

Slash with new ideas,

Axl giving a shit about'em.

1995 is back. 

I guess somethings never change. 

Stay off the drugs

• Like 1

Based on the events of 94-95 (Duff siding with Axl about Slshs demos) and what is widely speculated about Duffs role in greasing the wheels to get NITL rolling Id say that Duffs attitude about Slashs riffs will have a role to play in getting them mobilized to write and record from any Slash riffs.

I'm not sure why everyone is making a big deal out of this.  Slash basically said that he has "ideas" aka "some riffs" that could potentially be used for GN'R material.  Basically the same thing that Axl has said in the past.  It doesn't mean they're any closer to a new album being released.  If they decide to go into the studio and put all their ideas together some day then we might get a new album.  Other than that, we shouldn't read too much into it, imo.

• Thanks 1

I think that one of the problems ahead is the vocals of Axl. He will not match the vocals recorded 10+ years ago and it will not be a cohesive record if you can hear the change of voice (quality) from one song to another.

He can of course rerecord all the old vocal-tracks but I highly doubt he is willing to do that. :/

28 minutes ago, betterman said:

I think that one of the problems ahead is the vocals of Axl. He will not match the vocals recorded 10+ years ago and it will not be a cohesive record if you can hear the change of voice (quality) from one song to another.

He can of course rerecord all the old vocal-tracks but I highly doubt he is willing to do that. :/

He better fucking should. Even the thought of having 10+ year old vocals on a new GNR album is a huge turn off.

• Like 1