Are Slash & Duff = To Frank, Fortus & Dizzy?

58 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

Yes, totally!
I hope that this situation would make Slash (And the GN'R camp) think about how much interested is people in listening to new GN'R music. 

I think that Axl and TB should to lean as Slash is very wise on promote his music.

I think that while Slash and Duff are of a higher status in a way than the rest (especially in terms of marketing and financial importance), Axl at the same time views this and nugnr as the same band; that is, this is not a "reunion" to him so much as it is Slash and Duff joining HIS Guns N' Roses.

I also would not be surprised if Slash and Axl (amicably) part ways again before 2021, and Axl simply replaced him with another guy, banking on the newfound public good will.

The important thing to remember is that GN'R isn't a band in any sense of the word and hasn't been since 94, and it isn't Axl's solo project as it was in the NuGnR years; it is a brand and corporation, moreso than even other "legacy" acts like the Stones.

24 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

I think that while Slash and Duff are of a higher status in a way than the rest (especially in terms of marketing and financial importance), Axl at the same time views this and nugnr as the same band; that is, this is not a "reunion" to him so much as it is Slash and Duff joining HIS Guns N' Roses.

I also would not be surprised if Slash and Axl (amicably) part ways again before 2021, and Axl simply replaced him with another guy, banking on the newfound public good will.

The important thing to remember is that GN'R isn't a band in any sense of the word and hasn't been since 94, and it isn't Axl's solo project as it was in the NuGnR years; it is a brand and corporation, moreso than even other "legacy" acts like the Stones.

Axl would not replace Slash again in GNR. If that were to happen, it's back to bowling alleys. Additionally, Slash did say he's IN GNR and not a hired hand.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I can't blame GNR for not doing interviews considering how many people dissect and intepret their words. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, felixGNR said:

Lol, most of the thing runs trough the 3 managers(fernando being axl's) ,why would employees have a say in the business?, there is no boss anymore. he just lost that battle.

"Fool of a took" 😉

Axl CLEARLY won🤣

1. He owns and controls the gnr brand.

2. He got the guitar player that he always  imagined to play off Slash.

3. He's now more publicly appreciated than at any point in recent history.

4. He made a LOT of money for NITL.

5. His managers work according to his whims "extra dates? I want to extend the tour, make the call" etc, etc what he says goes. 

6. He pays the managers, he can fire and hire new one's (even managers that are family).

Summed up, he has full control over the band in what songs are in a set, to when or if they release new music. 100% Axl is the boss...

10 hours ago, jamillos said:

As long as everyone splits their loot equally... :D

Honestly, I don't think they'll have this kind of isues with a new record since they could use the payment system they used for the UYIs. Everybody gets his share for the songs he is credited for.

5 hours ago, newusedillusion said:

The credits in UYI are rather arbitrary, according to Slash.

Yes, but the system itself works. You just have to give credit where credit's due.

The songwriting process for the Illusions was a mess. It seems like a lot of the issues from back in the day do not exist any more.

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

Yes, but the system itself works. You just have to give credit where credit's due.

The songwriting process for the Illusions was a mess. It seems like a lot of the issues from back in the day do not exist any more.

If it worked best, I don't think he'd have taken the time to point out that it was random.  My impression is he, Duff and Izzy were too estranged, high and sedated to complacency to really fight for anything in those days, which fed into the problems. Rather than address anything, they hid in drugs and booze. THAT problem doesn't exist anymore. The system that worked best (for people not named Steve) was AFD's 25/20/20/20/15 split.

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

"Fool of a took" 😉

Axl CLEARLY won🤣

1. He owns and controls the gnr brand.

2. He got the guitar player that he always  imagined to play off Slash.

3. He's now more publicly appreciated than at any point in recent history.

4. He made a LOT of money for NITL.

5. His managers work according to his whims "extra dates? I want to extend the tour, make the call" etc, etc what he says goes. 

6. He pays the managers, he can fire and hire new one's (even managers that are family).

Summed up, he has full control over the band in what songs are in a set, to when or if they release new music. 100% Axl is the boss...

Slash also has it super good too though.  He gets to be in GN'R and do his own things which seems like that was all he wanted after the UYI tour (well that and not for Axl to own the band)

1 hour ago, newusedillusion said:

If it worked best, I don't think he'd have taken the time to point out that it was random.  My impression is he, Duff and Izzy were too estranged, high and sedated to complacency to really fight for anything in those days, which fed into the problems. Rather than address anything, they hid in drugs and booze. THAT problem doesn't exist anymore. The system that worked best (for people not named Steve) was AFD's 25/20/20/20/15 split.

The reason it was mentioned was about the interpersonal relations between the band at the time and not about the system itself. 

But it's ok if you think otherwise. I don't want to spend my energy on something that most probably won't ever happen. Especially when it's not my buisness.

These guys are adults and should be able to settle their differences on their own