Slash Q1043 interview

Great interview.

I've always loved how he dabs in horror stuff.

It gives me a headache how people think Axl is lazy because he sounded so well with AC/DC and claim he doesn't give the same effort in Guns.

I'm reminded of back in the day when he said they'd go into the studio and record a song and when they toured realize how hard some of them were to sing. Not sure of exact wording as it's been years ago he said it but maybe someone else remembers the exact words or quote.

Guns songs aren't easy to sing either. If he was being lazy he surely wouldn't be out there 3 plus hours singing and putting on a great show. 

Please don't even go comparing Bon Jovi or whoever else you want to compare and claim they're older and sing just as good as they did 30 years ago.

I understand where he's getting at with the cleaner voice though many may not. 

Either way I'm sure his vocal chords are more important than what anyone thinks anyway.

Slash said Axl found a way to not harm his vocals doing AC/DC. That same way may not work quite the same with Guns songs. It's not easy to explain as many are just gonna say but rasp this and that.

In fact Axl is known to have one of the greatest vocal ranges ever. No singer from AC/DC is. Guns songs go through several ranges in one song.  It's not an easy feat.

Sounds like the NitL tour is over. So perhaps the next tour will be named after an album. Time will tell.

Sorry if I come off bitchy I'm not intending to be it's been a long week.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Great interview.

I've always loved how he dabs in horror stuff.

It gives me a headache how people think Axl is lazy because he sounded so well with AC/DC and claim he doesn't give the same effort in Guns.

I'm reminded of back in the day when he said they'd go into the studio and record a song and when they toured realize how hard some of them were to sing. Not sure of exact wording as it's been years ago he said it but maybe someone else remembers the exact words or quote.

Guns songs aren't easy to sing either. If he was being lazy he surely wouldn't be out there 3 plus hours singing and putting on a great show. 

Please don't even go comparing Bon Jovi or whoever else you want to compare and claim they're older and sing just as good as they did 30 years ago.

I understand where he's getting at with the cleaner voice though many may not. 

Either way I'm sure his vocal chords are more important than what anyone thinks anyway.

Slash said Axl found a way to not harm his vocals doing AC/DC. That same way may not work quite the same with Guns songs. It's not easy to explain as many are just gonna say but rasp this and that.

In fact Axl is known to have one of the greatest vocal ranges ever. No singer from AC/DC is. Guns songs go through several ranges in one song.  It's not an easy feat.

Sounds like the NitL tour is over. So perhaps the next tour will be named after an album. Time will tell.

Sorry if I come off bitchy I'm not intending to be it's been a long week.

Bon Jovi voice is done :)