Do people still like Rockers?

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

There are some charactaristics you just can't fuck with and regardless what somebody is considering this type of music rockmusic, it just isn't. 

There's really no borders with this stuff unless it's classical music. I mean where's the line between funk and disco? Where's the line between grunge and post grunge? This is the next step of rock music. If it's not your thing it's not your thing. But it's what the kids like.

3 hours ago, Fashionista said:

There's really no borders with this stuff unless it's classical music. I mean where's the line between funk and disco? Where's the line between grunge and post grunge? This is the next step of rock music. If it's not your thing it's not your thing. But it's what the kids like.

There might be no definite line between those genres but there is a line between Jazz and Rock, a line between Blues and Hip Hop, a line between Metal and House... and there is definitely a definite line between this kind of electro music posted in this video and rockmusic.

Like I said. I never heard of this band before and all I know from them is that video in this thread. They might have songs with rock elements but that example here is for a fact no rock music.

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

There might be no definite line between those genres but there is a line between Jazz and Rock, a line between Blues and Hip Hop, a line between Metal and House... and there is definitely a definite line between this kind of electro music posted in this video and rockmusic.

Like I said. I never heard of this band before and all I know from them is that video in this thread. They might have songs with rock elements but that example here is for a fact no rock music.

7 hours ago, Fashionista said:

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Also, lemme ask you, is the song "See Emily Play" rock music? 

8 hours ago, Fashionista said:

Maybe what the other kids like. They can listen to the new crap that they call music, I’ll listen to music that actually requires talent to write. Or artists that were incredible live and could actually perform.

50 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Greta is out there and they're getting over with the crowd playing a lot of rockers. You can only do ballady stuff a few times. It works too, but nobody wants to hear a rock band be lovey or sad all the time.

What about Pink Floyd or Radiohead or other bands that suck? 

GNR always have a nice blend, and guess they will have a good few rockers, especially now Slash is back. It’s time to go full Rocky 4 soundtrack. 

"Rockers" and 60 year olds don't mix. Write genuine music, or you end up sounding like Angus Young, with Brian Johnson screaming "rock or bust". Yes, you love rock and roll. You aren't poor and struggling anymore. What else ya got to say? I think that is the fear with Axl. Creatively bankrupt. You heard the song "scraped"... yikes

44 minutes ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

"Rockers" and 60 year olds don't mix. Write genuine music, or you end up sounding like Angus Young, with Brian Johnson screaming "rock or bust". Yes, you love rock and roll. You aren't poor and struggling anymore. What else ya got to say? I think that is the fear with Axl. Creatively bankrupt. You heard the song "scraped"... yikes

What's wrong with Angus and Rock or Bust?

2 hours ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

what's wrong with Scraped lyrics? he's unstoppable. I feel empowered by it.

HAHAHA! wtf is a rocker? Seen any lately? Musicians doing something different and out of sorts from what the industry want are to me.. rockers. Be different and fight for it. Maybe the question should be.. has the attitude gone? If that is the question then NO. The answer is just a bit different. Rn'R!