AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/deal/deal-alert-guns-n-roses-mega-box/

The discounts have started with the above alert from Germany. Only a small discount for now, but I expect discounts to continue and ramp up through the holidays. When this was released, I predicted that we might be able to purchase it for around $500 USD by Christmas and I'm hoping that comes true.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stoymatic said:

Hot damn, ONLY $700+!!!!

Yeah....no.....

:lol: Yeah, I know it's not a BIG discount but it's a start. I really think they'll be down to $500 by the end of the year. That's the price point that I'll pounce on.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

The discounts have started with the above alert from Germany. Only a small discount for now, but I expect discounts to continue and ramp up through the holidays. When this was released, I predicted that we might be able to purchase it for around $500 USD by Christmas and I'm hoping that comes true.

Still showing $999 USD on Amazon's US website

• Like 1

I dig some of the content in that boxset, mostly the vinyl. I would have bought it hands down had it been a reasonable price. Had it been £400-£500 on the day of release, I'd have bought it without question. A lot of people seem really happy with their value for money though, kudos to them, but I'd rather spend that money on travelling to another country and seeing Guns live. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Amir said:

I was really surprised when they announced there'd be 10,000 of these things at $1000 each. Maybe a 5000-limited run would have sold out but no way were they selling 10,000 of these boxsets at that price.

According to Troccoli's contacts:

On 21/8/2018 at 6:48 PM, troccoli said:

At least 8000, but probably closer to 8500.  According to my contacts at the label.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/220921-rumored-golden-ticket-in-one-of-the-locked-n-loaded-sets/?do=findComment&comment=4618825

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

Still showing $999 USD on Amazon's US website

Right, that's why I mentioned that the discount listed is for Germany. I'm sure it's only the beginning. 

20 minutes ago, FRANSAD said:

Not spending a single dime on this band and their management until they come with an explanation for the recent happenings

I hear your on that. I truly don't think they're (the band or TB) are ever going to care, which is just sad and wrong. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

If you buy the Locked N' Loaded box set and put on all of the rings, do you get Thanos-like powers which enable you to force Axl to release new music?

If you snap your fingers while wearing them, Axl dives off the stage, kicks your ass, and releases nothing. 

I refuse to buy any of this new. The number one way to show a band, or a company (really this is more like a company) that you’re disasstisifed with them is to not give them any money. I feel as if they don’t deserve my money at the moment with how things have been. Vote with your wallets people.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

That deal must have only been for a day because that is not the price right now, even on Amazon's Germany website.

I don't know if this is the right place to say this, but I've been a GN'R fan for 16 years. Not as long as many obviously, but still. I paid and saw GN'R in 2002 and 2006.  I wish I had seen the band in 2011, but I was unable to due to life issues. But I've not bothered to see the reunited lineup because for one, it's just nostalgia, and secondly, because it's too fucking expensive. I don't understand why GN'R has felt the need to charge top dollar for everything, from the shows to the boxset. It's like they're a rich person's band nowadays. I mean, who was the market for a 1k boxset? Who's the market for 150+ tickets? Certainly not the "little guy" like myself who lives paycheck to paycheck. Say what you will about "NuGN'R" but at least in that era things were affordable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1