AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Too many people must have been scooping them up.. L&L back to $499 and SD up to $99... I was just going to buy a fifth SD as another gift but oh well.. Glad I got the 4 I did at $40 bucks!

It's gone back up already huh? I was considering the SD but I'll wait a little longer I guess.

• Like 1

All the discounts seem to happen in America - so far in the UK/Europe I haven't seen anything approaching a reasonable price for L&L or Super Deluxe. 

I was toying with the idea of getting the Super Deluxe from America, but customs charges can be really nasty with 'admin charges' added on by local deliverers (and impossible to predict what they will be/if they will apply them). As a result I didn't take the risk. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

All the discounts seem to happen in America - so far in the UK/Europe I haven't seen anything approaching a reasonable price for L&L or Super Deluxe. 

I was toying with the idea of getting the Super Deluxe from America, but customs charges can be really nasty with 'admin charges' added on by local deliverers (and impossible to predict what they will be/if they will apply them). As a result I didn't take the risk. 

I took a chance on the SD. Got it today (to Sweden). All in all I paid around 70 dollars. Still that’s half the price I would have to pay here. It’s a bit too much, but I really wanted it 😆. 

30 minutes ago, RocketTess said:

I took a chance on the SD. Got it today (to Sweden). All in all I paid around 70 dollars. Still that’s half the price I would have to pay here. It’s a bit too much, but I really wanted it 😆. 

Yeah, I can't really work out why it's still cheaper to have it sent from America, with postage, charges and fees, than it is to buy it from any retailer in Europe. It just doesn't seem to have been discounted at all. 

The Amazon price here in the UK is £112 for Super deluxe (so $139) and an astonishing £934 ($1166!!!!) for Locked and Loaded. Surely they can't be selling any at that price at this stage?! 

There's been small dips in price, but nothing I'd call significant.....

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 6:51 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Too many people must have been scooping them up.. L&L back to $499 and SD up to $99... I was just going to buy a fifth SD as another gift but oh well.. Glad I got the 4 I did at $40 bucks!

On Sunday, the official site stated the Super Deluxe was SOLD OUT. Then on Monday, it was available again at the $40 price, so I bought one more (I'd bought two on the 4th of July). Then on Tuesday, it was back to $99.98.

I wonder if someone at the site made a mistake by putting the Super Deluxe back at $40 on Monday, between Sunday being sold out and Tuesday back to $99.98. They haven't shipped my third one out yet. The two I bought on July 4th were shipped the next day.

9 hours ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

On Sunday, the official site stated the Super Deluxe was SOLD OUT. Then on Monday, it was available again at the $40 price, so I bought one more (I'd bought two on the 4th of July). Then on Tuesday, it was back to $99.98.

I wonder if someone at the site made a mistake by putting the Super Deluxe back at $40 on Monday, between Sunday being sold out and Tuesday back to $99.98. They haven't shipped my third one out yet. The two I bought on July 4th were shipped the next day.

Yes, that was one thing I was surprised about. The official store usually takes its time shipping, but mine was shipped next day, too. I was hoping that the store finally saw how terrible it was and was trying to improve, but I guess not😂

Edited by Tourettes2400

56 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

So now they're selling individual trinkets from the LnL box. Now you can get those silly rings without buying the whole box :lol:

https://www.merchbar.com/hard-rock-metal/guns-n-roses?sort_by=created&sort_type=desc

If this ever leads to the vinyl eventually being special released, I approve 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

So now they're selling individual trinkets from the LnL box. Now you can get those silly rings without buying the whole box :lol:

https://www.merchbar.com/hard-rock-metal/guns-n-roses?sort_by=created&sort_type=desc

Oh wow, great catch.

22 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

The vinyl MUST be on its way. I see the box is £399 half way down the page - not sure how much to post to UK (I have it but I know other folk on here have questioned it)?

I sure hope the vinyl gets released on it's own too. 

I wonder if they're just breaking up the old sets in hopes to sell off the pieces individually. If so, then the vinyl could be an option to show up on the website. There's also a chance that they may hold it back and release them as Record Store Day Exclusives for Black Friday or even next April.

Either way, I hope they get sold on their own soon!

2 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Sold, one Izzy- ring for me please. :lol:

Spoiler

Just kidding. I'm not going to pay Gn'R money to get Izzy merch. 

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Oh wow, great catch.

I sure hope the vinyl gets released on it's own too. 

I wonder if they're just breaking up the old sets in hopes to sell off the pieces individually. If so, then the vinyl could be an option to show up on the website. There's also a chance that they may hold it back and release them as Record Store Day Exclusives for Black Friday or even next April.

Either way, I hope they get sold on their own soon!

that would be cool. that goes to show they totally screwed up this release. this didn't even happen to the KISS $2k boxset 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, hitmanhart408 said:

that would be cool. that goes to show they totally screwed up this release. this didn't even happen to the KISS $2k boxset 

yeah thats because that set while expensive and containing some junk has 34 albums in it opposed to the handful in this one.

Greatest KISS alone which was an exclusive to that set still fetches 450+ on its own, which is a third of what you can buy the set for.

15 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

yeah thats because that set while expensive and containing some junk has 34 albums in it opposed to the handful in this one.

Greatest KISS alone which was an exclusive to that set still fetches 450+ on its own, which is a third of what you can buy the set for.

right, but what i'm getting at is they allowed the KISS box to sit in a wharehouse for years instead of breaking it up like the GNR box. 

• Like 1