AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

18 minutes ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

Yeh I was one of those suckers who dropped 1k as well. I stopped going to the site I would say morherfuckers every time I see the peice drop! All of us who purchased it at launch we love the box but we got ass fucked with a dildo with pieces of broken glass all over it. FUCK YOU UNIVERSAL! Also fuck me for being dumb enough to spend a grand!!!!!!

Same here. But since I cannot stop visiting this forum, I am always informed about each single price drop or special (like the turntable bundle). This whole anniversary release was such a fat middle finger to the fans. Set aside the boxset, just realize how the fans got fucked who bought the super deluxe edition. What was it? 170$? Now it’s 45$ I guess. 

1 hour ago, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

Yeh I was one of those suckers who dropped 1k as well. I stopped going to the site I would say morherfuckers every time I see the peice drop! All of us who purchased it at launch we love the box but we got ass fucked with a dildo with pieces of broken glass all over it. FUCK YOU UNIVERSAL! Also fuck me for being dumb enough to spend a grand!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Same here. But since I cannot stop visiting this forum, I am always informed about each single price drop or special (like the turntable bundle). This whole anniversary release was such a fat middle finger to the fans. Set aside the boxset, just realize how the fans got fucked who bought the super deluxe edition. What was it? 170$? Now it’s 45$ I guess. 

DAMN.

First, let me apologize to both of you as I'm one of those leading the charge when it comes to posting / bragging about price drops. 

I sincerely apologize to both of you as my intent was never to shove it in the face of those who paid full price.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It was mentioned earlier in the thread but I think this is absolutely the label breaking up the remaining boxes and trying to pass it off as "The AFD Collection". This is totally my guess, but I think the reason the vinyl hasn't shown up yet is because they're going to have the nerve to hold that back and call it a Record Store Day Exclusive in the future. 

That’s what I thought, too. Maybe it could be that these discounts have greatly reduced how many boxes are left. 10,000 for $400 isn’t that much of a stretch when you compare them to the Metallica ones that were 30,000 for almost the same price. Maybe UMG had some pieces because I remember some people saying that some items were missing.

Clearly labels keep back more than what’s advertised - example being for the Stone Temple Pilots RSD vinyl that they had to replace due to a pressing error, I got 2 replacements sent for my one copy in the same week?

2 hours ago, nycgunner said:

What a damn shame. We went from the potential to finally discussing new music from a BAND to discussing trinkets and GNR-themed emojis. 

This is the lowest form of selling out. Would rather have Out Ta Get Me ruined by a Cadillac commercial 

I was waiting for the price to drop to $400 and jump on it.  At this point I don't even want it anymore.  Put out new music and I'll buy it but for Christ's sake how long are they going to milk the same album?

I guess this flopped pretty fucking hard, considering the huge pricedrops and desperate attempts at selling individual pieces of junk?

Good. Maybe this will teach the executives at the record label that people don't pay for junk, and they will look at things that do sell well, like the metallica boxsets that are absolutely crammed with live concerts and recording sessions.

53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

DAMN.

First, let me apologize to both of you as I'm one of those leading the charge when it comes to posting / bragging about price drops. 

I sincerely apologize to both of you as my intent was never to shove it in the face of those who paid full price.

I don't think they're saying that you made them feel bad, I think they mean that they feel bad about paying full price after seeing the price go down more and more on the store site. 

7 minutes ago, action said:

I guess this flopped pretty fucking hard, considering the huge pricedrops and desperate attempts at selling individual pieces of junk?

Good. Maybe this will teach the executives at the record label that people don't pay for junk, and they will look at things that do sell well, like the metallica boxsets that are absolutely crammed with live concerts and recording sessions.

Agreed. Seems like this was mostly the label trying to put it out anyways, if what that other thread said is true. Hopefully they'll do a UYI one and not mess it up.

Also I'm pretty sure that Don't Cry and some of those other old demos were originally going to be on it, where did those go? I thought that's what the original announcement said.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zigzagbigbag said:

The SD is back at $100 but yes it was $40 for a bit.. Same deal with ticket prices.. They release them at outrageous prices.. A lot of die hard fans jump on them in fear of missing out, meanwhile people that wait it out and or people that aren't that big of fans end up getting in for a fraction of the price or almost free in some cases. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Swampfox said:

At this point I don't even want it anymore.  Put out new music and I'll buy it but for Christ's sake how long are they going to milk the same album?

The reunion was 10 years too late as it was and now best scenario would be even 4 more years before any new music.. Axl's voice isn't getting any better either.. Hell, there are a lot of people that didn't even like his voice anymore on CD...

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

DAMN.

No need to apologize, Russ :-)

Of course it’s mandatory to inform all forum members about each price drop. I am happy for everyone who is able to make a bargain. 

Edited by zigzagbigbag

On 7/30/2019 at 2:50 PM, jdfdemocracy1979 said:

Call me dumb too, as I paid full price also. What disappoints me more than having paid full price was receiving a box that has a Certificate of Authenticity numbered 3,642 out of 10,000. The people behind the distribution of these box sets should have been smart and courteous enough to issue them in order starting at 0001.

I bought my set within 6 hours the first day they were available for pre-order, that should have gotten me a low COA number, not a random one.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/30/2019 at 3:59 PM, RussTCB said:

DAMN.

No need to apologize I took the gamble and thought they would stick to that price and sell out

• Like 1

Yeah, this whole situation is annoying.  I jumped on the SDE early on, and then jumped on the box at $499.  Wasn't too upset for a while - thinking I got a good deal on the box at least.  Now, I am pretty disappointed as they have resorted to breaking up the boxes and discounting out the pieces.  Honestly won't be surprised at all when they start selling empty L&L boxes - hell that may be worth it to some that never jumped if the price is right.  Nice piece of 'art' to store your GN'R stuff in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

Yeah, this whole situation is annoying.  I jumped on the SDE early on, and then jumped on the box at $499.  Wasn't too upset for a while - thinking I got a good deal on the box at least.  Now, I am pretty disappointed as they have resorted to breaking up the boxes and discounting out the pieces.  Honestly won't be surprised at all when they start selling empty L&L boxes - hell that may be worth it to some that never jumped if the price is right.  Nice piece of 'art' to store your GN'R stuff in.

Yeah, the cabinet is easily the best part (aside from the vinyl)

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TheHelgo said:

Pretty cool anyway! much better than my carton box to save the gnr jewels.

Edited by axlvai

I don't know why my last post was deleted.

I said that after the revelation of the destruction of over +175.000 original mastertapes from UMG vault (shitty warehouse to be fair), it is possible that AFD remaster is not a remaster from the original tapes, but copies.

Does that statement break any rule here?

3 hours ago, TheHelgo said:

I would buy an empty box to keep some of my GnR trinkets in.

2 hours ago, uruguns said:

I said that after the revelation of the destruction of over +175.000 original mastertapes from UMG vault (shitty warehouse to be fair), it is possible that AFD remaster is not a remaster from the original tapes, but copies.

I think your comment said effectively they were lying about the remaster of AFD as the tapes had been destroyed where I don’t think it’s been confirmed exactly what GNR stuff has been lost??? Might be that!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, uruguns said:

See below:

13 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I think your comment said effectively they were lying about the remaster of AFD as the tapes had been destroyed where I don’t think it’s been confirmed exactly what GNR stuff has been lost??? Might be that!

I removed the post for a reason similar to the guess above. 

You stated that the AFD remaster is fake because the master was lost in the Universal fire. We don't know what was lost in that fire and since many "news" outlets use our forum as a source, I didn't want our forum to be the source of an opinion of rumor being "reported" as fact.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

See below:

I removed the post for a reason similar to the guess above. 

You stated that the AFD remaster is fake because the master was lost in the Universal fire. We don't know what was lost in that fire and since many "news" outlets use our forum as a source, I didn't want our forum to be the source of an opinion of rumor being "reported" as fact.

Yeah, it was a supposition based on facts published on nyt article where GnR is mentioned. I think labels/artists should inform consumers whether they are purchasing remasters from safety copies or from original recordings.

Edited by uruguns
  • Like 1