AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

On 20/03/2019 at 9:42 PM, DTJ80 said:

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Noticed it dropped to $499 again - $75 worth of vouchers and only $10 postage and I’m looking at £400 all in. Purchased!!!! Thought I would have to wait a bit longer TBH - I wonder if the form they sent after my chat to them about the price on the GNR site has forced it back down again? No matter - finally got it done!

Bizarrely - just got an e-mail from Amazon saying they are refunding me for import tax to the tune of £85!! So that plus the £30 refund I got for a marked vinyl cover (which is barely noticeable TBH) means I have paid about £275 all in. I am planning on selling my unopened Super Deluxe edition I already had so by the end hopefully will have only paid around £220 for the box!!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

Its confirmed I am 100% going to be the owner of a Locked and Loaded boxset lol

Congrats!  After having one for 6 months or so, I have realized that the coolest part of the whole thing is the actual box.  That is not a dig on the music or trinkets, just that the box itself has really become the gem of the whole thing IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheHelgo said:

Congrats!  After having one for 6 months or so, I have realized that the coolest part of the whole thing is the actual box.  That is not a dig on the music or trinkets, just that the box itself has really become the gem of the whole thing IMO.

I have the super deluxe and the box is all really want from the L&L

I ended up getting rid of everything from this set.

I broke the cross off the box and sold that separately. Got rid of the rest of the records, the demo cassette and everything. I originally wanted it for the demos LP but everything GNR does these days sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth so I just ditched it all. I actually made quite a bit of money splitting it all up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, fernandoGNR said:

Congrats!

I'm happy with my Super Deluxe Edition I paid $36 + shipping. That was a great deal!

yeah man, I bought mine for close to the same plus 3 for gifts. Was definitely worth the $40 bucks.  Gave one away so far and I have  people in mind for the others who are into Guns but no one really listens to CDs anymore. 

Its definitely not one of those things that is necessary to own. To me it's more of a show piece than anything. I've come to realize I'm a very materialistic person and I like to flaunt things I own to people I know. I like having things that others can't or won't. In high school I rocked thrift store/yard sale clothes while everyone else wore Hollister and Abercrombie, they made fun of me now I make fun of them. Gross. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-10-30 at 6:03 PM, Stlconcerts said:

I've come to realize I'm a very materialistic person and I like to flaunt things I own to people I know. I like having things that others can't or won't. 

This is not the realization of just a Materialistic person. It’s an Arsehole.

In this instance you own something others wouldn’t and didn’t buy. Flaunt them tattoos man. And the skull rings. 

Enjoy the music if you get around to listening to it. 

• Haha 1

On 10/31/2019 at 1:03 AM, Stlconcerts said:

Its definitely not one of those things that is necessary to own. To me it's more of a show piece than anything. I've come to realize I'm a very materialistic person and I like to flaunt things I own to people I know. I like having things that others can't or won't. In high school I rocked thrift store/yard sale clothes while everyone else wore Hollister and Abercrombie, they made fun of me now I make fun of them. Gross. 

What a horrible way to view the world. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, rockphantom said:

What are the odds that the Locked N' Loaded box is marked down to $200 on Black Friday, November 29th?

Not sure on that one, but it certainly couldn't hurt to wait a couple weeks to find out. 

It'll really depend on how many they were able to unload on other sites. A couple of months after it was released, they somehow managed to unload some onto sites like Music Direct, etc. 

Then they started with the huge discounts through their own site, but the price has been pretty steady for a while since then. If they are still sitting on a ton of them, then I don't doubt they'll go to $199 or $249 to blow the rest out. 

4 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

I really dont care what either of you think of me. I'm not trying to be internet famous. Thanks, Darron

An odd contradiction with your self-proclamation that "I like to have things that others can't or won't". That suggests you care rather too much about what others think of you.  

Based on your "I like to flaunt things I own to people I know" comment,  I do have somewhat of a fixed preconception of what the people you 'know' may think about that. It's probably not favourable. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I still refuse to buy anything that comes with a free assfucking by Team Brazil. 

Also, I'd still feel pretty damn fucked over if I'd paid the original price for this ridiculous cashgrab. 

But honestly, 250 would be a very good price for this. Especially the with all the vinyl. If that would have been the original price I probably would have bought it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, username said:

I still refuse to buy anything that comes with a free assfucking by Team Brazil. 

Also, I'd still feel pretty damn fucked over if I'd paid the original price for this ridiculous cashgrab. 

But honestly, 250 would be a very good price for this. Especially the with all the vinyl. If that would have been the original price I probably would have bought it. 

Got it in today. Its pretty fucking awesome. if you have any other nice GNR collectibles this would be a high quality center piece for your collection. I'm waiting to play the vinyl until I get a nicer turn table 

14 minutes ago, Stlconcerts said:

Got it in today. Its pretty fucking awesome. if you have any other nice GNR collectibles this would be a high quality center piece for your collection. I'm waiting to play the vinyl until I get a nicer turn table 

If you want or need turntable advice, come join us in this thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/201863-vinyl-lp-and-turntable-discussion/?page=64

• Like 1