AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

39 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I would like to just buy the box

You honestly might be able to eventually. 

It's clear that they're breaking up all of the left over boxes. They'll have to do something with the boxes themselves. Maybe Fernando will advertise them as "GNR Decorative Keepsake Boxes" or something. 

• Haha 2

Just now, RussTCB said:

It's clear that they're breaking up all of the left over boxes. They'll have to do something with the boxes themselves. Maybe Fernando will advertise them as "GNR Decorative Keepsake Boxes" or something. 

As long as I like the price I am in :lol:

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Probably just destroying them and trashing them. It would dramatically reduce the amount of warehouse space they take up and therefore the money that the unsold boxes is costing the label/band/distributor. I mean you’ve gotta figure what, like 20 of those boxes is an entire pallet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stlconcerts said:

My box is #3256 so if there is 10k assuming they did them in numerical order theres a lot of bits and pieces left over lol.

I don't think they sent them out in any sort of order, but I'm certain they have a TON left. 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:10 AM, Stiff Competition said:

Probably just destroying them and trashing them. It would dramatically reduce the amount of warehouse space they take up and therefore the money that the unsold boxes is costing the label/band/distributor. I mean you’ve gotta figure what, like 20 of those boxes is an entire pallet.

If they are able to take off the croses on the boxes and sell those than yea I can see them destroying the boxes, but the croses have some value and I can't imagine them destroying them, if you ever see them just sell the crosses than yea I am sure they are going with the destroy the boxes route 

• 4 weeks later...

Got a L&L boxset for sale. Brand new, not even opened. Will shop worldwide but based in UK so might be best for buyer to be based there to save postage costs. Buyer can also collect (I’m in Blackburn, Lancs). Asking for £285 plus postage. Need quick sale though 

I'll buy it if it comes down to $200, I got the boxset on my phone + the 2018 leak of the Mystic tape, so song wise I dont need it that much, and I bought the cd deluxe edition (only really for Shadow of Your Love). While I'm thinking about the CD Deluxe version does it come with a poster? Mine didn't, but on some websites it says it does. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Damn man. I would strongly recommend checking the site every couple of days. They have to have TONS of these boxes left over. I bet more and more vinyl sets will show up as back in stock. 

It sold out within a few days. Hasn’t been available since. 

I actually wonder if they made 10k up front or made less with the intention of ordering more up to that limit if it performed well. 

I was also surprised it wasn’t a limited record store day release. Not that I’m complaining. This way was more accessible and at a fair price point which wouldnt have been scooped by scalpers.

The red cassette/shot glass was a nice touch. Have to give kudos here to TB/Bravado for that package 

35 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It sold out within a few days. Hasn’t been available since. 

I actually wonder if they made 10k up front or made less with the intention of ordering more up to that limit if it performed well. 

I was also surprised it wasn’t a limited record store day release. Not that I’m complaining. This way was more accessible and at a fair price point which wouldnt have been scooped by scalpers.

The red cassette/shot glass was a nice touch. Have to give kudos here to TB/Bravado for that package 

That could be a thing too, I wonder if they're holding some back to make them "RSD Exclusives" in April. 

4 hours ago, k12 said:

When I tried to add 5,000 locked and loaded's to my cart it says only 18 available, not sure if that is all that is left or they just put a low number to entice people to buy it

There may only be 18 left on their site. Although I think there were many unsold at first, due to the high price, since the prices have steadily fallen, there will be fewer of these unsold than you might think.

There are plenty of die-hard GN'R fans worldwide. I've seen these in record shops etc. Any in record shops (physical or online) are technically sold, as they have purchased it to re-sell. Like when Best Buy purchased so many copies of Chinese Democracy.

I live in a town of 60,000 in the North West of England, and there are at least 3 owners of one in my town.

I honestly think after the recent sale of the individual items, that there aren't as many remaining as you might think.

At current prices, it is actually a good deal. Just my 2 cents.

6 hours ago, k12 said:

When I tried to add 5,000 locked and loaded's to my cart it says only 18 available, not sure if that is all that is left or they just put a low number to entice people to buy it

That's been happening for a while now. Prior to the massive discounts starting, they've always placed limits on how many you can put in your cart. 

• Like 1

On 11/21/2019 at 5:18 PM, Stlconcerts said:

My box is #3256 so if there is 10k assuming they did them in numerical order theres a lot of bits and pieces left over lol.

I received mine on day one (6/29/18). My number was 3642. That pissed me off then, and the fact that you received a lower number 18 months later pisses me off.

If they had taken the time and courtesy to release them in numerical sequence, mine almost certainly would have been one of the first 500.

• Haha 2