AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

That's a great deal. Although I saw no free shipping.

Total USD $354.74
Subtotal $299.25
Shipping & Handling $30.00
Taxes $25.49

3 hours ago, Rusty69 said:

Happy I got the turntable and box a few years back. I can’t see how the UYI set for next year will be near this produced, to avoid this level of pricing.

You'd hope they've learned from this release and get the pricing accurate from the start........

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

You'd hope they've learned from this release and get the pricing accurate from the start........

4 hours ago, Rusty69 said:

Happy I got the turntable and box a few years back. I can’t see how the UYI set for next year will be near this produced, to avoid this level of pricing.

The worst thing is I think they've sold enough at the crazy initial price to try some form of that again, they'll just make less of them!

Hopefully the UYI box will be more like the super deluxe package than the boxset.

1 hour ago, ToonGuns said:

Yikes. Shipping + imports cost more than the thing itself. Had it been c. £300-400 I'd probably bite, but £600+ is ludicrous.

I'm in exactly the same boat. There is literally zero reason to buy it as a UK fan.

I hope for much better offerings for the UYI reissues.

• 2 months later...

I bought Live Like A Suicide a couple of weeks ago from the Universal owned Sound Of Vinyl website, stripped from the Locked N Loaded box.

The parcel arrived today and instead they've sent me the 1986 Sound City Session LP! Fernando was obviously working that day :lol:

I noticed this happened to someone else on a facebook page and they got their money back and got to keep the record, so hopefully I get the same outcome.

It made me think though, does anything ever go smoothly in the GNR world? Maybe on my next order they will send me out an advance copy of the new GNR album :lol::axl:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Im happy with just grabbing the vinyl from the store a while back. Came with a red cassette. Also grabbed the CD version back when it was 40 bucks. 

in essence I got the vinyl, cds, the cassette, the litho and the rest of the bs for around 150 

Edited by guitarpatch

1 hour ago, jackparker123 said:

I bought Live Like A Suicide a couple of weeks ago from the Universal owned Sound Of Vinyl website, stripped from the Locked N Loaded box.

The parcel arrived today and instead they've sent me the 1986 Sound City Session LP! Fernando was obviously working that day :lol:

I noticed this happened to someone else on a facebook page and they got their money back and got to keep the record, so hopefully I get the same outcome.

It made me think though, does anything ever go smoothly in the GNR world? Maybe on my next order they will send me out an advance copy of the new GNR album :lol::axl:

TBF - you probably got a good deal if you got the Sound City one as that’s a double disc isn’t it? 😂

Get your money back and it’s a super deal! 😂

11 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

TBF - you probably got a good deal if you got the Sound City one as that’s a double disc isn’t it? 😂

Get your money back and it’s a super deal! 😂

Double disc for the CD version... but triple disc on vinyl!! It weighs a ton!

I've already emailed them to 'complain' :lol:

It does mean I still need to get hold of Live Like A Suicide though at some point!

17 minutes ago, Dean said:

I bit the bullet on the boxset. Worked out at just over £300 getting it imported over with free postage, however, I've not received a bill for import tax as of yet and that has been over a month.

If you've already received the boxset then I'm pretty sure you've got away with paying import duty.

DHL got in touch with me regarding my LLAS order and insisted I pay the import duty before they would deliver it.

I still think I got the deal of the century out of this whole thing. I jumped on it when they were giving the box away with a bad ass turntable. 

I jumped on it then and got a turntable to give to a friend who desperately needed an upgrade. Then I got the 12" and 7" vinyl I wanted from the set in the first place. Then I got to give the actual wood box to a friend who really wanted it. 

All for the price of what the stupid box should've been priced in the first place. 

• Like 2