AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

3 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

Cheers for that info. Thats coming up at $207 on USPS.

Add that to the $240 spend getting it to my wifes Aunt. $447 total (£342).

That's roughly the price I always said I would pay when it was first announced in 2018. But as you say it does feel like the moment has passed on it. I'm torn.

I hesitated and bought the 4CD version in late 2018, I think I paid about £80 off Amazon. So I have all the content anyway, except the 1985? replica demo cassette.

I too got the Super Deluxe before the LNL box (actually the LNL box contains the Super Deluxe set in it). I had planned to sell my original Super Deluxe seeing as I now have two but the resale value is so low I haven’t yet bothered.

The vinyls are really cool, and the cabinet itself is awesome....you could fill the drawers with whatever you want really.

I don’t regret getting it at about £300 all in.

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

I too got the Super Deluxe before the LNL box (actually the LNL box contains the Super Deluxe set in it). I had planned to sell my original Super Deluxe seeing as I now have two but the resale value is so low I haven’t yet bothered.

The vinyls are really cool, and the cabinet itself is awesome....you could fill the drawers with whatever you want really.

I don’t regret getting it at about £300 all in.

Where did you buy yours from? 

I definitely like the idea of keeping random GNR bits and bobs inside the drawers. If I do get one I think I'll take all the tat out and keep that stored away elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, jackparker123 said:

Where did you buy yours from? 

I definitely like the idea of keeping random GNR bits and bobs inside the drawers. If I do get one I think I'll take all the tat out and keep that stored away elsewhere.

I got mine from Amazon.com and posted to UK.....£10 postage!!!!! Doesn’t look like they have it in stock just now.

Ive found my old posts which breaks it down a bit:-

Noticed it dropped to $499 again - $75 worth of vouchers and only $10 postage and I’m looking at £400 all in. Purchased!!!! Thought I would have to wait a bit longer TBH - I wonder if the form they sent after my chat to them about the price on the GNR site has forced it back down again? No matter - finally got it done!

2nd post:-

Bizarrely - just got an e-mail from Amazon saying they are refunding me for import tax to the tune of £85!! So that plus the £30 refund I got for a marked vinyl cover (which is barely noticeable TBH) means I have paid about £275 all in. I am planning on selling my unopened Super Deluxe edition I already had so by the end hopefully will have only paid around £220 for the box!!!

Edited by DTJ80
  • Wow 1

I have shipped these to friends in various corners of the world at this point - The UK, South America, Australia.  No additional packaging was needed, these are packaged really well from the factory.  Let me know if you have any questions, I have only used USPS, have not used DHL, or UPS, or FedEx.

• Like 1

At this point I can't believe anyone would still want one of these. I'm so over it now that I wouldn't take one unless it were being given to me for free. I bought all the songs from iTunes when it came out and that was good enough for me. If they do a good job with the UYI box then I'll consider that one (although I'll buy the songs for sure).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

At this point I can't believe anyone would still want one of these. I'm so over it now that I wouldn't take one unless it were being given to me for free. I bought all the songs from iTunes when it came out and that was good enough for me. If they do a good job with the UYI box then I'll consider that one (although I'll buy the songs for sure).

GNR and MetallicA are the only two bands I would spend top dollar on deluxe editions on. I figured because AFD was so pivotal in my youth then I had to have the LNL set.......I totally get that worked for me but the cost is a major consideration.

Im sure the UYI set will be far more cost effective......make it like the MetallicA deluxe sets and add in a 5.1 disc (MetallicA missed a trick here) and it’s a sure fire winner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, k12 said:

Udiscover music is having a sale, $330 total including shipping, at that price I am thinking of getting another, even though the one I paid $900 for is sitting there collecting dust, don't as me why

I'll give you 30 bucks for one of the photo books.

16 hours ago, k12 said:

Udiscover music is having a sale, $330 total including shipping, at that price I am thinking of getting another, even though the one I paid $900 for is sitting there collecting dust, don't as me why

Nah, fuck it.....I'm going to ask. 

Why the hell would you consider buying another when you have one sat there gathering dust? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got my L&L box set, I’ve gotta admit it’s awesome! I bought  it from Udiscover music, great deal. I’m sure it’s been discussed before but does anyone know if the hidden cassette tape is supposed to come in all box sets or just a few? 

2 minutes ago, Gun-Z said:

I finally got my L&L box set, I’ve gotta admit it’s awesome! I bought  it from Udiscover music, great deal. I’m sure it’s been discussed before but does anyone know if the hidden cassette tape is supposed to come in all box sets or just a few? 

All I’m sure. It tucked in behind one of the drawers. 👍

1 hour ago, DTJ80 said:

🤘 No worries. It’s not worth the $1000 price it originally retailed at but at $3-$400 it’s a good purchase.

Agreed, I waited this long to finally get it! It was definitely worth it for $240! Hope they release a UYI box set too!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gun-Z said:

Agreed, I waited this long to finally get it! It was definitely worth it for $240! Hope they release a UYI box set too!

$240 is a great price. Yeah - there are tentative plans for a UYI set...one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) GNR collectors has been contacted to canvass ideas on this forum etc.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

$240 is a great price. Yeah - there are tentative plans for a UYI set...one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) GNR collectors has been contacted to canvass ideas on this forum etc.

That’s great, I can’t wait for it!! I seriously hope they open the vault and release live shows, memorabilia and live music! Wishful thinking.. I’m so tired of watching low quality UYI tour live videos on YT. 

• Like 2