AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked at the tracklisting again and I'm baffled why they didn't include the SCOM demo? You know the song that broke GNR, the most important one probably? That can't be an oversight and they must have deliberately decided not to include it, yet we get 4 different versions of You're Crazy. Can anyone explain the logic behind that?

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

On 12/8/2020 at 12:57 PM, StrangerInThisTown said:

I just looked at the tracklisting again and I'm baffled why they didn't include the SCOM demo? You know the song that broke GNR, the most important one probably? That can't be an oversight and they must have deliberately decided not to include it, yet we get 4 different versions of You're Crazy. Can anyone explain the logic behind that?

I can only assume that demos like that and Mr. Brownstone were not part of the Sound City Sessions but recorded separately. That's my guess.

Brownstone and SCOM came quite late so weren't on the Sound City. There were demo'd with a few other songs (eg Nightrain with a cool Steve/Izzy intro) with Spencer Proffer at Pasha. This was the same time they recorded Live Like A Suicide.

I have no idea why they weren't on L&L. Maybe Spencer Proffer owns the recordings (pure speculation) ?

Having said that I found L&L quite bizarre in that it was almost complete but not quite (eg left like 2 of the Sound City demos off for some reason).  

• Like 2

On 11/6/2020 at 10:13 AM, smiley said:

Still happy with the deal I got that included the turntable (have been using it and gotten back into vinyl).

No way I was buying at the initial price (regardless of how big a collector I am and how much disposable $$$ I have to throw away).

I remember that. Kinda wish I had done it. How much was the box then?

• 8 months later...

Some Chinese website is selling it for 99$. Could this be for real or just a rip off?

https://www.aprecc.com/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

***Moderator edit:  please be advised this site doesn’t appear legit and you could likely end up ripped off.  Mygnrforum recommends not purchasing from these unofficial methods.***

18 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Some Chinese website is selling it for 99$. Could this be for real or just a rip off?

https://www.aprecc.com/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

and free shipping, shipping on that thing from China to the US has to be $100 alone, sonething is off, I can't imagine a Chinese knock off duplicating those GNR box sets but who knows

41 minutes ago, k12 said:

and free shipping, shipping on that thing from China to the US has to be $100 alone, sonething is off, I can't imagine a Chinese knock off duplicating those GNR box sets but who knows

I would stay clear of that site.  If it’s to good to be true… it probably is. From data mining to just being ripped off that site is giving me all kinds of red flags

also the domain was only registered on Aug 19 of this year.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

https://www.veeetu.com/products/appetite-for-destruction-locked-n-loaded-box-set

It's 99 dollars on here too, and free shipping in whatever country that is

Same thing, I would not order from here. I’m 99.9% sure you won’t get anything at all or if you do it won’t be the set.  Newly registered from high risk area with a price that’s too good to be true.  Risk is very high 

from the site itself:

We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

Just now, Dean said:

Someone has bought it that is on one of the GNR Facebook pages, I’m curious to see what arrives at his door.

I’ve still not opened anything in mine. Cool to have and was glad to get it for under £300.

My guess.. shipping is a month plus and the site will be closed.  Just a hunch

6 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

My guess.. shipping is a month plus and the site will be closed.  Just a hunch

If they paid through PayPal, they’ll get their money back no problem but yeah, can’t see that site surviving much longer!

Just now, janrichmond said:

But would Paypal cover the shipping which i guess you pay when ordering?

Hmmm…not so sure! I really don’t think it’s worth the risk, should anyone be considering. Add another $200 of it and you’ll have the real thing!

• Like 1

Just a heads up on ordering from a site like that.....

I bought something once from one similar. It was well under the usual price and I thought it was a deal. 

In the post I received a coin, taped to a piece of cardboard, so complained. They said "wrong item sent, please return for refund".....which is where the scam comes in. It's illegal to post currency into China, so you can't do it. Should you try to send it, they won't receive it, and even if they do they will declare it as illegal and claim not to have done. 

I tool this issue to PayPal, who were very familiar with the scam. I had to get a crime reference number for fraud, which involved a visit from the police, who took the coin. After I had this I managed to get my refund. 

It's a very common scam apparently. Don't touch it with a bargepole. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Just a heads up on ordering from a site like that.....

I bought something once from one similar. It was well under the usual price and I thought it was a deal. 

In the post I received a coin, taped to a piece of cardboard, so complained. They said "wrong item sent, please return for refund".....which is where the scam comes in. It's illegal to post currency into China, so you can't do it. Should you try to send it, they won't receive it, and even if they do they will declare it as illegal and claim not to have done. 

I tool this issue to PayPal, who were very familiar with the scam. I had to get a crime reference number for fraud, which involved a visit from the police, who took the coin. After I had this I managed to get my refund. 

It's a very common scam apparently. Don't touch it with a bargepole. 

Also shipping from China is really cheap.  Shipping a return back to China is VERY expensive.  If the seller wants the return to give you a refund it would likely cost you more than $100 so won’t be worth it, without a return you won’t get refund… it’s a circle of fun

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Also shipping from China is really cheap.  Shipping a return back to China is VERY expensive.  If the seller wants the return to give you a refund it would likely cost you more than $100 so won’t be worth it, without a return you won’t get refund… it’s a circle of fun

The 'business' contact email is great too.....easyTesco@gmail.com! 

Sounds perfectly legit to me! Haha! 

• GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Yeah, this happened to me with something I ordered from some Chinese con artist on Facebook. They sent me something completely different than they showed and then said they would refund me if I sent it back to China. PayPal told me to return it to China if I wanted to get my $30 back. It was going to be too much of a hassle to mess with sending it back so I took the loss and will never buy anything that looks like a deal or too good to be true, especially anything in Facebook.

On another note, I still feel like I need to get a Locked and Loaded box set. Even though I have talked myself out of it so many times. If I could get it for $199-$250 I think I would do it. I wish I would have gotten in on some of the deals that people got in this thread, especially the ones with record players. Oh well, I have waited this long, so I am not in a hurry to get one, obviously. But if I see a deal I might still have to get one.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Tourettes2400 said:

On another note, I still feel like I need to get a Locked and Loaded box set. Even though I have talked myself out of it so many times. If I could get it for $199-$250 I think I would do it. I wish I would have gotten in on some of the deals that people got in this thread, especially the ones with record players. Oh well, I have waited this long, so I am not in a hurry to get one, obviously. But if I see a deal I might still have to get one.

I got one with my stimulus check for $400 - 10% so $360 and I really think it is as worth it at that price.  The box is beautiful and you get a lot of vinyl. It's cool having it all and everything is super well put together.  I have the flag on my wall too.  I really like everything about it and look at it often

• Like 1