AFD Locked & Loaded Discounts: Now $399

• 2 weeks later...

I remember buying the original Metallica Binge and Purge boxset (which featured VHS tapes) back in the mid 90s for a colossal 70 quid. Pretty much all my pocket money. That was a lot of money for that box, but it was, in my opinion, one of the best because the concerts on the VHS tapes were AWESOME. Used to play it every morning before college. Sold it for 40 quid years later. 

When I bought it I had to hide it behind the bins until the coast was clear to get it into the house without my folks noticing.

I certainly won't be buying this, much of the music is available on streaming sites.

Edited by Slosh13

• 4 weeks later...

they got me, just dropped $737 on it with tax, really didn't think I would even spend that much but yea, out of curiosity I see the most you were able to buy before I got mine was 383, after I got mine it is 382, that mean there are only 382 of these things left? or maybe just on this promotion?  I still can not imagine they sold more than a couple of thousand of these things but who knows, a $300 discount is a heavy discount and it seems like they are really trying to move these things

• Like 1

Not really enticing for me. They have the price listed as $999 AUD, but then I would have to pay shipping from the US plus 10% GST as well when it arrives.

So I go to the Aussie version of the GNR merch store which offers free shipping for orders over $50 and that still has the box set at the original price of $1,450 AUD.

7 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Official GNR Halloween flash sale

Down to $699 on the US

@RussTCB :lol:

CtVw8d2.jpg

All I can say is "I told all of you so!" haha

They still need to drop another $300 off for me to order it though. 

I am 100% certain that will happen though, so I'm good to keep waiting. 

:)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

You'll be funding them you know, shoddy Lebeis corporate practices that is? I know you want those vinyl but you'll be funding them, unless of course you buy it second hand.

I think they'll be gone by then. I already bought one at $999, and I'm very tempted at $699.

Who knows why they didn't make this a Black Friday deal....maybe they have something else up their sleeve?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You'll be funding them you know, shoddy Lebeis corporate practices that is? I know you want those vinyl but you'll be funding them, unless of course you buy it second hand.

I know, I know. But at least I'll be paying half price lol

28 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I think they'll be gone by then. I already bought one at $999, and I'm very tempted at $699.

Who knows why they didn't make this a Black Friday deal....maybe they have something else up their sleeve?

There's no way they'll be gone by then. 

As predicted, GNR is sitting on a shit load of these boxes (I don't care what number the official site says is left)

If they're discounting it this deeply on Halloween for no reason whatsoever, I feel super confident I'll get one for $500 or less by Black Friday. 

• Like 4

If they're discounting it this deeply on Halloween for no reason whatsoever, I feel super confident I'll get one for $500 or less by Black Friday. 

I'd bite at 500, maybe even 600. This is still a little too high though.

But yeah, there is now way they sold anywhere close to 10,000. I doubt they have even sold half.

• Like 1