"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

3 hours ago, Amir said:

There's a Quest app called 4XVR (£23/$30) which can play ISOs or MKVs. I used a program called MakeMKV to rip the 3D Blu-ray to an MKV file, and then watch it on 4XVR. I've since gone on a 3D Blu-ray buying binge since a lot of them are super cheap secondhand (bought 4 for a total of £8 earlier today).

I've just been using the crappy in-built speakers on the Quest 3, I really should start wearing proper headphones. I suppose you could get virtual surround, but not true surround sound.

Thanks! Sounds like it would be easier to just download torrent 3D blu-rays, if it exists. But yeah, you def should buy some good headphones, it makes all the difference. :) 

• Like 1

Angus is all white now. 

I don't get it. 

And then I realize that thing happened eight years ago.

Eight fucking years ago.

Axl is a lazy bastard, and no amount of Jarmo clones on this forum will persuade me otherwise. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

"Jarmo clone"? You know, it is possible to stick to your opinion without taking potshots at others. But okay, I will indulge your little trolling.

To people not familiar with Jarmo and his reputation, what jamillos is basically saying here is that I am a sycophant who tries to curry favors with Axl by saying whatever he wants to hear. Maybe jamillos isn't aware of my thoughts on many Axl songs? Or my thoughts on the "reunion"? Or my thoughts on shifting any blame for the lack of releases away from Axl to the managers? Or my thoughts on Axl's dress sense? Or that I am writing down the history of the band without omitting anything that is critical? Or maybe jamillos is simply unable to detect criticism that isn't repeated daily in caps lock and short sentences? Sort of related to how he isn't able to fathom that the reasons behind Axl's lack of productivity could be somewhat more complex than just "laziness" and that me pointing to mental issues is not exactly sucking up to Axl? So no, I am not a Jarmo clone. And jamillos is not an Einstein.

Dude, what? I think you've just played yourself. I wasn't talking about you or even referring to any particular post. A bit egocentric, are we? Get a grip, mate, you're losing it. ;)

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

"Jarmo clone"? You know, it is possible to stick to your opinion without taking potshots at others. But okay, I will indulge your little trolling.

To people not familiar with Jarmo and his reputation, what jamillos is basically saying here is that I am a sycophant who tries to curry favors with Axl by saying whatever he wants to hear. Maybe jamillos isn't aware of my thoughts on many Axl songs? Or my thoughts on the "reunion"? Or my thoughts on shifting any blame for the lack of releases away from Axl to the managers? Or my thoughts on Axl's dress sense? Or that I am writing down the history of the band without omitting anything that is critical? Or maybe jamillos is simply unable to detect criticism that isn't repeated daily in caps lock and short sentences? Sort of related to how he isn't able to fathom that the reasons behind Axl's lack of productivity could be somewhat more complex than just "laziness" and that me pointing to mental issues is not exactly sucking up to Axl? So no, I am not a Jarmo clone. And jamillos is not an Einstein.

all I know is that as a poster on the internet I find that you are unique and also that you contribute a lot to this forum, making it better, for what it's worth. :heart:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Dude, what? I think you've just played yourself. I wasn't talking about you or even referring to any particular post. A bit egocentric, are we? Get a grip, mate, you're losing it. ;)

Hah. Alright, I will fake curiosity: If not me, a guy who almost consistently gets accused of being an Axl apologist and defender, who were the guys you were thinking of when you said "Jarmo clones on this forum"? 

38 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Hah. Alright, I will fake curiosity: If not me, a guy who almost consistently gets accused of being an Axl apologist and defender, who were the guys you were thinking of when you said "Jarmo clones on this forum"? 

No one in particular. Also, I don't really dwell in accusations and all that stuff, although yes, you're one of avid apologists. It just doesn't matter. 

18 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Also, I don't really dwell in accusations and all that stuff, although yes, you're one of avid apologists. It just doesn't matter. 

You don't dwell in them, you just throw them out with little thought or accuracy. 

54 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You don't dwell in them, you just throw them out with little thought or accuracy. 

Nah, you're too sensitive, especially for a forum. Again, this wasn't even directed at you or anyone in particular. You're making drama out of thin air.

Frank is in the live band playing at Mark Kostabi's parties:

Mark Kostabi has figured out a new way to hustle his paintings: He throws lavish Sunday brunches at his Chelsea townhouse, (referred to by his friends as “the Five-Story Tower of Decadence”) catered by legendary restaurateur Shelly Fireman.

He invites major art collectors to mingle with celebrity guests like Suzanne Vega and Rosanne Cash.

Promoter Adam Sands invites beautiful models and actresses.

Live jazz is played by Steely Dan guitarist Jon Herington, Guns N’ Roses drummer Frank Ferrer and White Zombie co-founder Paul Kostabi, Mark’s brother.

Kostabi sells paintings and hosts similar brunches and dolce vita evening parties at his multimillion-dollar villa in Rome.

https://www.nydailynews.com/2024/06/02/timothee-chalamet-filming-bob-dylan-biopic-cape-may/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

I know that Duff is credited on a few things as Duff "Rose" McKagan. Has anyone ever heard of him actually being referred to as just "Rose", or is this purely a notional nickname?

Raz Cue (who was L.A. Guns manager and managed GN'R briefly in the very early days) has mentioned that at that time he knew Duff as "Duff Rose".

According to Slash, Duff's "Rose" is probably a family name from his Irish heritage.

7 hours ago, Graeme said:

I know that Duff is credited on a few things as Duff "Rose" McKagan. Has anyone ever heard of him actually being referred to as just "Rose", or is this purely a notional nickname?

According to Duff, there were so many kids that had the nickname "Duff" when he was growing up in Seattle, so he got the nickname "Rose" to differentiate himself:

uten_r12.jpg

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Raz Cue (who was L.A. Guns manager and managed GN'R briefly in the very early days) has mentioned that at that time he knew Duff as "Duff Rose".

According to Slash, Duff's "Rose" is probably a family name from his Irish heritage.

I mean they were called guns n' roseS for a reason. You couldn't have just one Rose!

• Haha 1