"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

4 minutes ago, Hellow said:

Here is one quite recent interview from Slash. Not sure if this has been posted here (tried to search it) but anyway hit me so I'll delete this message if it's been posted already. :lol:

https://www.kerrang.com/features/slash-guns-n-roses-were-a-gang-that-walked-into-a-room-like-you-dont-want-to-f-ck-with-us/

Yeah, it's not recent. It's from two years ago and Kerrang has re-posted it. You don't need to delete your post though :) 

• Like 1

You know, who cares about new music anyway. I think it’s about time we start asking the real questions, like this one:
Since Frank, Melissa, 4tus & Dizzy share the same toilet booth while touring, what happens if one of them gets diarrhoea and spends half a day there? Are the others allowed to use Duff’s, Slash’s, or even – god forbid – Axl’s? What happens then?

Also, what kind of cell phone do you think Axl has? An iPhone? A smart phone at all? Remember that golden V-type he had in 06? Those were the days. 

Has Duff ever tasted alcohol since 1993? 

Does Chris Pitman have a locker too? 

See, this is the type of questions I seek answers to. 

Edited by jamillos

I was listening to GNR last night on shuffle and one in a million came on when I was on a walk and I'd not listened to the song that often recently but the lyric where axl says "I'm just a small town white boy" got me wondering because as far as I know Lafayette, Indiana is a city(even though city in the US seems broad) so was axl taking literally about himself or was he talking about the attitude of the place ? I know the story that axl gave(and changed) about the offending lyrics of the song but outside of that I've not looked that much into the song. 

3 hours ago, IrishgunnerII said:

I was listening to GNR last night on shuffle and one in a million came on when I was on a walk and I'd not listened to the song that often recently but the lyric where axl says "I'm just a small town white boy" got me wondering because as far as I know Lafayette, Indiana is a city(even though city in the US seems broad) so was axl taking literally about himself or was he talking about the attitude of the place ? I know the story that axl gave(and changed) about the offending lyrics of the song but outside of that I've not looked that much into the song. 

Lafayette has probably grown quite a bit since Axl was there. But yeah, he's probably talking about small town beliefs and mentality also. Springfield, Missouri, Brad Pitt's hometown, is probably comparable. I've played a lot of shows there and while it's a cool college town, it's conservative.  But Brad did recently call Springfield a "big city", which I thought was funny. 

• Like 2

On 30/07/2020 at 8:04 AM, jamillos said:

You know, who cares about new music anyway. I think it’s about time we start asking the real questions, like this one:
Since Frank, Melissa, 4tus & Dizzy share the same toilet booth while touring, what happens if one of them gets diarrhoea and spends half a day there? Are the others allowed to use Duff’s, Slash’s, or even – god forbid – Axl’s? What happens then?

Also, what kind of cell phone do you think Axl has? An iPhone? A smart phone at all? Remember that golden V-type he had in 06? Those were the days. 

Has Duff ever tasted alcohol since 1993? 

Does Chris Pitman have a locker too? 

See, this is the type of questions I seek answers to. 

You call a motorola razer a "golden v-type'? hahaha! what a dork!

Edited by DonkeyNuts

Remember when they announced the children's book and everyone here bitched about it?

Well Fernando has learned his lesson. He knows he fucked up, and he knows how to fix it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the product you've all been waiting for... a coffee table book. AND THEN ANOTHER PHOTO BOOK.

GET YOUR F'N WALLETS READY FAM. THESE PIX ARE LIT AF.

• Haha 1

My priority is, music, tour, merch, happiness. All of which will be taking place next year.

So is this a roundabout way of saying EP/Album is next year??

Selects have taken a pause and unsure of its future.

Well that’s dammed disappointing.

Edited by DTJ80
  • Sad 1

Does Fernando think he's above being quoted ?  I don't know the guy but my impression from things he's written is that he has a far superior opinion of himself then is warranted. Also, who has used anything against "our" progress ? If I didn't know any better I'd think fernando doesn't like the fans. 

• Like 1

How exactly could one use his bullshit against the band's progress? Also, why is he so afraid of folks quoting him? If he was straightforward and cut the crap, he wouldn't have to care about such details. Again, pathetic.

Edit: "Selects have taken a pause and unsure of its future." In other words, that was it. Once again, "TB" written all over it. Unbelievable, really. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

Seriously, Selects paused indefinitely after only two premiers? I am not sure what to say, I thought the last Selects was a huge step forward in quality to the last one and was exactly what I wanted if new music was off the table

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

It seems Fernando got in trouble for going to the discord - maybe for the selects also.

This.  I know Fernando is blamed for alot of stuff going wrong but from my perspective, not being on the board for very long, it seems it is more about Axl, initially Fernando  seemed to be quite happy  with the selects then a pause then we are told  no more, as if someone had questioned tham.  Also with discord.  Most people have been here for a long time and as a consequence have more awareness of the workings of GNR, so why do you think most TB stuff is down to Fernando and not Axl? 

45 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

This.  I know Fernando is blamed for alot of stuff going wrong but from my perspective, not being on the board for very long, it seems it is more about Axl, initially Fernando  seemed to be quite happy  with the selects then a pause then we are told  no more, as if someone had questioned tham.  Also with discord.  Most people have been here for a long time and as a consequence have more awareness of the workings of GNR, so why do you think most TB stuff is down to Fernando and not Axl? 

Cause this easily offended weak little person is called manager, and a proper manager would work things out, and communicate in a professional way, regardless if it's TBs or the bands decision, and not blame the fans for every shit he can’t personaly deal with. But the only thing he does, is ruining the last bit of a reputation the band has.

43 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I cant help feeling Fernando gets his attitude from Axl, simple as that.  Why Axl is the way he is to his fans, god knows.

Axl may not care about the most things going on with the band anymore, and exactly therefor i don't see him sitting in his living room making his mind up about how to get out more and more useless merch, and how to dissapoint the fanbase on every kind of level.

TB has gotten to much power from Axl at some point, and that's the worst.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Remember when they announced the children's book and everyone here bitched about it?

Well Fernando has learned his lesson. He knows he fucked up, and he knows how to fix it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the product you've all been waiting for... a coffee table book. AND THEN ANOTHER PHOTO BOOK.

GET YOUR F'N WALLETS READY FAM. THESE PIX ARE LIT AF.

I hate him so much. I wish he would just stop breathing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

How exactly could one use his bullshit against the band's progress? Also, why is he so afraid of folks quoting him? If he was straightforward and cut the crap, he wouldn't have to care about such details. Again, pathetic.

Edit: "Selects have taken a pause and unsure of its future." In other words, that was it. Once again, "TB" written all over it. Unbelievable, really. 

maybe axl doesnt like them. I doubt the other band members would have a major care factor about them.