"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

For a long time I've been able to shrug it off and laugh about it, but this guy is basically the official spokesman for the band at this point, and not only is he completely unprofessional, he goes on an unofficial fan-forum and talks down to fans. His attitude is still ridiculous and laughable, but it's actually starting to turn me off from the band... like, this is the guy that speaks on their behalf? Really? :facepalm:

word. When I really think about it, it's sad. It's a sad, sad situation and it's getting more and more absurd.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Since I am only active on this forum I do not know but really do wonder if 

a) Fernando is also hated on other forums/social media or just on mygnr

and

b) if (especially) Slash and Duff are aware of their manager’s behavior? Do they just close their eyes or is it really possible that they don’t know?

Does anyone know? 

Most GN'R fans outside of the forums have absolutely no clue who Fernando and TB are. The only reason most of us know about them is just because we've followed the band so closely for years. 

Having said that, I have seen plenty of dislike expressed toward GN'R on social media. If you ever do poke around other GN'R forums, you'll find we're "nice" compared to what others have to say about Fernando and TB lol. 

As far as Slash & Duff go, it seems to me that they are are only involved with GN'R for the paycheck. So my guess is that neither of them couldn't care less how TB handle GN'R business as long as they get their regular pay check. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To be fair to Fernando with the 'move on' stuff -

It's not a shock that the band are upset about illegal leaks and its definitely not unheard of for the management of a band to refuse to discuss leaks. He could be a lot more direct about it and just say that he won't discuss them but we all know how he is.

That's the only thing I can defend him on though.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Most GN'R fans outside of the forums have absolutely no clue who Fernando and TB are. The only reason most of us know about them is just because we've followed the band so closely for years. 

Having said that, I have seen plenty of dislike expressed toward GN'R on social media. If you ever do poke around other GN'R forums, you'll find we're "nice" compared to what others have to say about Fernando and TB lol. 

As far as Slash & Duff go, it seems to me that they are are only involved with GN'R for the paycheck. So my guess is that neither of them couldn't care less how TB handle GN'R business as long as they get their regular pay check. 

Agreed 100%.

It's just sad.

• GNFNR 1

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Seems absolute plausible. In fact this is pretty much how Matt quotes Slash in his book. Allegedly, in terms of NITL-GNR Slash has stated „Its just a gig“. 

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Since I am only active on this forum I do not know but really do wonder if 

a) Fernando is also hated on other forums/social media or just on mygnr

If I had to guess, Jarmo at HTGTH sucks Fernando's dick on a regular basis, and you can't speak ill of him

7 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Watched the Top Ten Revealed on AXS TV last night and they had the top ten songs of 1992. November Rain was number 2 and Smells Like Teen Spirit took the top spot. I thought that came out in '91.

Nirvana's song may have peaked in early 1992. November Rain peaked in late spring/early summer of '92

• Like 1

Artistically speaking I think they have needed to come to a place of completely reevaluating where they come from musically.  They had tensions in the past with their differing influences and inherit musical styling, but that made brilliant work.   (It’s almost like they were never meant to last imo) In art that tension can be needed to push boundaries.  There is also a tremendous amount riding on this album.  Look at all the fans discussing it.  That’s pressure to make something worthy of their past endeavors.  

What would the album sound like nowadays? They are reinventing themselves here.  They never had a solid formula for creating music.  That’s why there is such a diverse catalog and approach.  Metallica has a formula in a sense.  Guns never worked that way.  It was always a battle of tastes and vision.  Now, after all this time, they are needing to reinvent not only where they currently stand with their work, but with rock music itself.  I don’t think Axl relates much to the work of his CD days enough to stand by it as currently relevant to him.  His part in making music has always been profoundly autobiographical and meaningful to him.  He says he approaches creating as a painter does.  He thinks in that sense and would only want to put out what he can stand by today as his art.  But he is coming from such a different place in himself now.  He no longer has that anger (that we know of) or turbulence in relationships to inspire him to create.  Where is it coming from now? Duff is in a different place, and Slash is as well, though he has been the most steady in his stylings.  This takes time and I can imagine that they need to ignore the outside voices (fans) right now to focus and create.  We wouldn’t want something that feels forced or uninspired.  

But, if it turns out that reviving this old relationship yields no new album I hope that they can separate in due time and ALL give us new material we can enjoy.  I hope that Axl can feel like he could let this comfortable thing called Gnr go and give us music that is his true creative voice.  

14 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

That guy grew up in the USA and doesn't even speak proper English. What a lowlife

Seriously, I read his quote several times to get what he wants to say. I thought my english skills are the reason for my lack of instant understanding :-) And I am from Germany. 

1 hour ago, FRANSAD said:

Move on guys, it's all my fault.....  lol

fleibi10.png

" people like you" frans, i think  you have made the axl/TB shit list. You will be added to the pdf of axls enemies 😄

Frans has given more GNR video content than GNR / TB themselves.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

For a long time I've been able to shrug it off and laugh about it, but this guy is basically the official spokesman for the band at this point, and not only is he completely unprofessional, he goes on an unofficial fan-forum and talks down to fans. His attitude is still ridiculous and laughable, but it's actually starting to turn me off from the band... like, this is the guy that speaks on their behalf? Really? :facepalm:

He's afraid to say that basically everything is up to Axl, and Axl doesn't want to do or release much. So he dances around questions or gives bullshit answers, then gets annoyed when fans don't like it. He's not even good at damage control, lol.

"everything is up to Axl, and Axl doesn't want to do or release much"

👆 is where its at. if axl was as creative as duff and slash this band would be at the same stratosphere as maiden and metallica with what these bands give to the fans especially with albums, videos etc. Add to that a competant management team and the band would be even bigger.

somewhere along the way axl just gave up. 

Edited by Sydney Fan

12 hours ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

No. That was a scumbag piece of shit called Andrei

https://pagesix.com/2017/01/08/leos-wingman-is-the-real-king-of-the-p-y-posse/

I’ve actually witnessed that first hand. At an after show party here in Brisbane, Australia, when DJ Ashba was taking a couple of girls from the party down a hall way and Andrei yelled at Ashba and screamed that it was his job to take the girls down to Axl. I found it quite disturbing in a predatory way with these girls being like less than half Axl’s age. I can’t say I know what happens when they go down the hall way to meet him, but the whole thing reminded me of a certain infamous individual who is now dead and his ‘wingman’ or ‘wingwoman’ who has finally been caught to answer some charges too. 

Edited by DownUnderScott
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

7 minutes ago, DownUnderScott said:

I’ve actually witnessed that first hand. At an after show party here in Brisbane, Australia, when DJ Ashba was taking a couple of girls from the party down a hall way and Andrei yelled at Ashba and screamed that it was his job to take the girls down to Axl. I found it quite disturbing in a predatory way with these girls being like less than half Axl’s age. I can’t say I know what happens when they go down the hall way to meet him, but the whole thing reminded me of a certain infamous individual who is now dead and his ‘wingman’ or ‘wingwoman’ who has finally been caught to answer some charges too. 

Tawdry...and disturbing or maybe I am being naive

7 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

I’m not saying these girls were underage, but they were young, and just a bit sad if they are say 18 yr olds being led away to meet a guy three times their age. Anyway, the privileged life of a Rock star hey!

37 minutes ago, DurhamGirl said:

what is even more disturbing on this story is, that Andrei and Ashba are competing about who shoulda bring the girls to Axl, unbelievable how desperately all these individuals are fighting for Axls favor (and i don't mean the girls)

Edited by EricA