"General Musings" " Thread for all of "Thoughts On" all GnR things in the universe.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve been thinking about getting a Use Your Illusion tattoo since I was 14 years old and today, after 5 years, I finally did it! I think it turned out great and couldn’t be happier with it!

Anyone else losing interest in this band due to Fernando's sheer incompetence? It's one thing to be a touring nostalgia band, that's fine, but the attitude in his responses to fans has actually made m

Posted Images

7 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Taking Fernando aside here.....what is there that keeps people interested in GNR? I have no idea anymore. For me, its a lifetime habit- my favourite band since being a teenager, been so long now etc. But I'm struggling now. 

There's the vague (and for me, diminishing daily) hope that new material is on it's way I suppose. But really, what keeps people interested other than that? A morbid fascination of some sort maybe? An ' I can't believe what they've done now.....' thing? 

I'm genuinely intrigued as to what keeps other people interested now. 

Totally agree. 

Seriously, I dont know why I am still here on a daily basis. I think this whole GnR thing is like a daily TV show which has become worse and worse during the years but you still turn it on because you are kind of addicted to the characters and/or so used to them. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I wouldn't go that far, but he's definately the absolute wrong person for this job and he cames across as total jerk as well, which is a big problem in itself.

Same here. He's just a massive douche who acts like an entitled prick for whatever reason. And it's not like he's done anything to back it up. He's just an endless power trip.

"Look at me, look at me, I'm Axl's boy, you're all jealous because you wish you were in my position" kind of nonsense. Ummmm, I really don't. I just wish he fucked off. His mother too. 

Edited by Sisyphus
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Rovim said:

personally, not really. You said it. He's a clown. Why would I take him seriously enough for it to make me lose interest in Gn'R? it seems like the little power he got from Axl has gone to his head, but he has no real saying in this band's future. That's on Axl. So I'll go with what Susan said and some of the things that some of the others have said like Slash focusing on composing Gn'R material and the jams he said he had with Axl and Duff. (separately) 

I do believe Fernando knows some things, but many times he's dishonest or contradicts himself. What he said about the band members working on new music in harmony seems legit, just cause it fits with what Susan said and it seems like they get along just fine so I'll still read Fernando's often rude and ridiculous Reddit posts, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.

He is more interested in damage control and taking care of Axl's interests. Not a lot of respect for the fans or empathy and he whines instead of admitting any wrong doing of the band or himself.

but trying to be objective, his Reddit posts still have value imo. Any communication is better than none. Just gotta figure out what is bullshit and what is true so we're not completely in the dark. We got some information from his posts. So I just look at him as a necessary tool to get what I want.

For a long time I've been able to shrug it off and laugh about it, but this guy is basically the official spokesman for the band at this point, and not only is he completely unprofessional, he goes on an unofficial fan-forum and talks down to fans. His attitude is still ridiculous and laughable, but it's actually starting to turn me off from the band... like, this is the guy that speaks on their behalf? Really? :facepalm:

He's afraid to say that basically everything is up to Axl, and Axl doesn't want to do or release much. So he dances around questions or gives bullshit answers, then gets annoyed when fans don't like it. He's not even good at damage control, lol.

Since I am only active on this forum I do not know but really do wonder if 

a) Fernando is also hated on other forums/social media or just on mygnr

and

b) if (especially) Slash and Duff are aware of their manager’s behavior? Do they just close their eyes or is it really possible that they don’t know?

Does anyone know? 

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

He's afraid to say that basically everything is up to Axl, and Axl doesn't want to do or release much. So he dances around questions or gives bullshit answers, then gets annoyed when fans don't like it. He's not even good at damage control, lol.

Didn't he say more or less that in that discord chat recording that is out there? I think he cares more about defending himself, not Axl, so he went to the discord, asking not to be recorded, and said things like this to make himself look better. But of course it was recorded and got out there, so that "ruined" it for him.

13 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

It's definitely not just on here.

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Didn't he say more or less that in that discord chat recording that is out there? I think he cares more about defending himself, not Axl, so he went to the discord, asking not to be recorded, and said things like this to make himself look better. But of course it was recorded and got out there, so that "ruined" it for him.

I haven't heard the full discord chat, but I've read that he said something like that. I was referring to his posts on reddit, which seem to be more of an "official" discussion than the chat he had on discord. Of course he always tries to make himself look better, it's probably one of the official rules of being involved with GNR - always place the blame on someone else.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

For a long time I've been able to shrug it off and laugh about it, but this guy is basically the official spokesman for the band at this point, and not only is he completely unprofessional, he goes on an unofficial fan-forum and talks down to fans. His attitude is still ridiculous and laughable, but it's actually starting to turn me off from the band... like, this is the guy that speaks on their behalf? Really? :facepalm:

word. When I really think about it, it's sad. It's a sad, sad situation and it's getting more and more absurd.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

and

b) if (especially) Slash and Duff are aware of their manager’s behavior? Do they just close their eyes or is it really possible that they don’t know?

Does anyone know? 

Most GN'R fans outside of the forums have absolutely no clue who Fernando and TB are. The only reason most of us know about them is just because we've followed the band so closely for years. 

Having said that, I have seen plenty of dislike expressed toward GN'R on social media. If you ever do poke around other GN'R forums, you'll find we're "nice" compared to what others have to say about Fernando and TB lol. 

As far as Slash & Duff go, it seems to me that they are are only involved with GN'R for the paycheck. So my guess is that neither of them couldn't care less how TB handle GN'R business as long as they get their regular pay check. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Most GN'R fans outside of the forums have absolutely no clue who Fernando and TB are. The only reason most of us know about them is just because we've followed the band so closely for years. 

Having said that, I have seen plenty of dislike expressed toward GN'R on social media. If you ever do poke around other GN'R forums, you'll find we're "nice" compared to what others have to say about Fernando and TB lol. 

As far as Slash & Duff go, it seems to me that they are are only involved with GN'R for the paycheck. So my guess is that neither of them couldn't care less how TB handle GN'R business as long as they get their regular pay check. 

Sadly this is pretty spot on!

• GNFNR 1

To be fair to Fernando with the 'move on' stuff -

It's not a shock that the band are upset about illegal leaks and its definitely not unheard of for the management of a band to refuse to discuss leaks. He could be a lot more direct about it and just say that he won't discuss them but we all know how he is.

That's the only thing I can defend him on though.

11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Agreed 100%.

It's just sad.

• GNFNR 1
11 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Seems absolute plausible. In fact this is pretty much how Matt quotes Slash in his book. Allegedly, in terms of NITL-GNR Slash has stated „Its just a gig“. 

1 hour ago, zigzagbigbag said:

If I had to guess, Jarmo at HTGTH sucks Fernando's dick on a regular basis, and you can't speak ill of him

7 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Watched the Top Ten Revealed on AXS TV last night and they had the top ten songs of 1992. November Rain was number 2 and Smells Like Teen Spirit took the top spot. I thought that came out in '91.

Nirvana's song may have peaked in early 1992. November Rain peaked in late spring/early summer of '92

• Like 1

Artistically speaking I think they have needed to come to a place of completely reevaluating where they come from musically.  They had tensions in the past with their differing influences and inherit musical styling, but that made brilliant work.   (It’s almost like they were never meant to last imo) In art that tension can be needed to push boundaries.  There is also a tremendous amount riding on this album.  Look at all the fans discussing it.  That’s pressure to make something worthy of their past endeavors.  

What would the album sound like nowadays? They are reinventing themselves here.  They never had a solid formula for creating music.  That’s why there is such a diverse catalog and approach.  Metallica has a formula in a sense.  Guns never worked that way.  It was always a battle of tastes and vision.  Now, after all this time, they are needing to reinvent not only where they currently stand with their work, but with rock music itself.  I don’t think Axl relates much to the work of his CD days enough to stand by it as currently relevant to him.  His part in making music has always been profoundly autobiographical and meaningful to him.  He says he approaches creating as a painter does.  He thinks in that sense and would only want to put out what he can stand by today as his art.  But he is coming from such a different place in himself now.  He no longer has that anger (that we know of) or turbulence in relationships to inspire him to create.  Where is it coming from now? Duff is in a different place, and Slash is as well, though he has been the most steady in his stylings.  This takes time and I can imagine that they need to ignore the outside voices (fans) right now to focus and create.  We wouldn’t want something that feels forced or uninspired.  

But, if it turns out that reviving this old relationship yields no new album I hope that they can separate in due time and ALL give us new material we can enjoy.  I hope that Axl can feel like he could let this comfortable thing called Gnr go and give us music that is his true creative voice.  

51 minutes ago, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

If I had to guess, Jarmo at HTGTH sucks Fernando's dick on a regular basis, and you can't speak ill of him

Nirvana's song may have peaked in early 1992. November Rain peaked in late spring/early summer of '92

Yeah, I knew about NR but I wasn't sure about Smells...